Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Negative Review : virtwire / Evoburst - BVZ1024ATL OpenVz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Negative Review : virtwire / Evoburst - BVZ1024ATL OpenVz

bobzombiebobzombie Member
edited September 2016 in Reviews

It's more than 18 months that i'm using OpenVz service of
Evoburst solution , then changed the name to VirtWire.com

The service was very good , until 10 days ago.
It's more than 10 days that my VPS is down, and the whole node is down (i guess) (because i cannot even ping the node ip address)

I sent 4 tickets to support , still no answer/reply from them.
3 of my tickets get closed automatically !
And there is no news about the service/node down time in their announcement page.

I can see that my service is active in accounting section, but even i cannot access to vps control panel and when i try to retrieve lost password , it says "user name does not exist"

I'm very disappointed of them.

At least they can inform us (an estimation) that when will be the service up and running again

Comments

• Yep, they are done/finished/kaput... There is a thread about it somewhere here...

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope they will resolve your issue or you will find a good hosting company.

Modify title and add "Positive or Negative". It will help peoples to know that review is positive or negative.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Seems bad news, Now OP need to quickly take a backup.

• Thank you very much.
    At least now i know i need to buy a new service from somewhere else.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope they will resolve your issue or you will find a good hosting company.

Modify title and add "Positive or Negative". It will help peoples to know that review is positive or negative.

@jarland Looks like someone wants to take over your position.

• Its not really a review more like letting everyone know virtwire/evoburst is closing down in which there are many threads already about it. They sent an email out its up to the clients to adhere to it, now if it was a reliable enough time frame is another question.

• @doghouch said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

@jarland Looks like someone wants to take over your position.

If only LET were WebHostingLoud.com

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Why post a review if the company is closing?

Thanked by 1PrColo
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

davidgestiondbi said: Why post a review if the company is closing?

I don't think he got the email or saw any of the threads, communication was not exactly great to be fair about the closure.

Thanked by 2vpsGOD ATHK
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

DewlanceVPS said: Seems bad news, Now OP need to quickly take a backup.

bobzombie said: 10 days that my VPS is down, and the whole node is down

Anything to just flash your signature, eh ;-)?

Thanked by 1i83
  • @Clouvider said:

DewlanceVPS said: Seems bad news, Now OP need to quickly take a backup.

bobzombie said: 10 days that my VPS is down, and the whole node is down

Anything to just flash your signature, eh ;-)?

For what we know, he could spam a few hundred posts in the Cest Pit for that

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @bobzombie send me a PM with your current specs and I'll see what I can do to help :)

• They should have collected enough money when I found the VPSes are slow enough and unusable and put it to idle for a whole year. How can they close down now?

• my vps with them is 512mb $12/year, now i'm looking for other provider

• Thank you very much for all replys
    I didn't receive any email from virtwire , that was why i posted here.

Now looking for a replacement service ...

• bobzombie said: Thank you very much for all replys I didn't receive any email from virtwire , that was why i posted here.

Unfortunately, you're in the same situation as the rest of us.

And unfortunately, Ryan (@AutoSnipe) has decided not to say anything so far (though he lurked on this forum not so long ago, on 23 September).

• @angstrom said:

bobzombie said: Thank you very much for all replys I didn't receive any email from virtwire , that was why i posted here.

Unfortunately, you're in the same situation as the rest of us.

And unfortunately, Ryan (@AutoSnipe) has decided not to say anything so far (though he lurked on this forum not so long ago, on 23 September).

Answered my PayPal case by refunding me..

• ATHK said: Answered my PayPal case by refunding me..

It's not clear what the pattern is, but it seems that some people have received refunds and others have not.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

ATHK said: Answered my PayPal case by refunding me..

It's not clear what the pattern is, but it seems that some people have received refunds and others have not.

I suppose you'll get a refund when you open a dispute. That seems to be a differentiator.

• Clouvider said: I suppose you'll get a refund when you open a dispute. That seems to be a differentiator.

I wonder why that didn't occur to me.

I have two disputes open (each for well over a week): one was effectively rejected by Ryan, the other has not yet been answered.