Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MyServerPlanet] help with NAT VPS ipv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MyServerPlanet] help with NAT VPS ipv6

just trying my luck again with a nat vps. bought one of MSP NAT, my network only have ipv6 with subnet, but no ipv6 gateway and dns. i installed nginx, and using cloudflare AAA record but cannot get through my website in standart 80/443 port. the only way to work is using nginx to listen to custom/nat port, but of course i can't publish my site with custom port.

i hate to bother some support guy over a simple matter which usually i can configure myself, but should i must send ticket to add domain in reverse proxy? which i supposed to have it working under cloudflare ipv6?

btw, when trying to ping6 from external to MSP nat vps ipv6, always get timeout, this nerver happen with another nat vps provider

Comments

• I had the same situation, no IPv6 connectivity and no gateway or nameservers in SoluSVM. Sent a ticket, since according to my understanding, it wasn't something I could've fixed on my end. Was fixed in a few hours.

• @Anon111234 said:
    I had the same situation, no IPv6 connectivity and no gateway or nameservers in SoluSVM. Sent a ticket, since according to my understanding, it wasn't something I could've fixed on my end. Was fixed in a few hours.

So, I still have to submit a ticket then?

• @MSPNick is a very friendly guy always ready to help i am sure he will get it fixed for you after seeing this thread.

Thanked by 1xammy
  • @xammy said:
    just trying my luck again with a nat vps. bought one of MSP NAT, my network only have ipv6 with subnet, but no ipv6 gateway and dns. i installed nginx, and using cloudflare AAA record but cannot get through my website in standart 80/443 port. the only way to work is using nginx to listen to custom/nat port, but of course i can't publish my site with custom port.

i hate to bother some support guy over a simple matter which usually i can configure myself, but should i must send ticket to add domain in reverse proxy? which i supposed to have it working under cloudflare ipv6?

btw, when trying to ping6 from external to MSP nat vps ipv6, always get timeout, this nerver happen with another nat vps provider

If your IPv6 isn't working, I'd like you to submit a ticket so I can fix straight away for you. It's an easy fix and takes less then 2 seconds.. Please submit so I can track your account.

Thanked by 1xammy
  • I just did that and fast response!
    It's working out of the box now.
    Full ipv6 support with cloudflare, so I can add more domains myself.

Great job @MSPNick ! Thank you very much

• @xammy said:
    I just did that and fast response!
    It's working out of the box now.
    Full ipv6 support with cloudflare, so I can add more domains myself.

Great job @MSPNick ! Thank you very much

Told ya @MSPNick is quick and friendly ;)

• @WebGuru said:
    @MSPNick is a very friendly guy always ready to help i am sure he will get it fixed for you after seeing this thread.

I bought one at 20/09/2016, but until now, I can't use SSH login my VPS. then I login from Serial Console and found out that there is no internet connection.

I post the tickets,the staff said they will check but they close the tickets without any solution. I open the tickets again and they close it again.
    now, I still can't use it after 4 days.

so I doubt that why you praise their services.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited September 2016

@triaqu said:

@WebGuru said:
    @MSPNick is a very friendly guy always ready to help i am sure he will get it fixed for you after seeing this thread.

I bought one at 20/09/2016, but until now, I can't use SSH login my VPS. then I login from Serial Console and found out that there is no internet connection.

I post the tickets,the staff said they will check but they close the tickets without any solution. I open the tickets again and they close it again.
    now, I still can't use it after 4 days.

so I doubt that why you praise their services.

Can you PM me your ticket number so I can take a look?

edit: think I found it, will look into your ticket now

• Well, another weird problem i found out, I cannot change root password from SolusVM, login through console give me root access though. running passwd command enable me to change root password, but still unusable when login through ipv4 host:custom port. Creating another user with sudo, I can login through ipv4:custom port. (I open additional port for sshd to listen to open nat port).
    I guess I'll just stick with sudo user then... anyway, this is a great service with budget price, my other provider just shutting down this month leaving me with 4 dead vps.

• Never realized these guys were part of LES -- couldn't resist and put in an order... prices are pretty good!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Joined in the last few days.

Thanked by 2kendid MSPNick
  • @xammy said:
    Well, another weird problem i found out, I cannot change root password from SolusVM, login through console give me root access though. running passwd command enable me to change root password, but still unusable when login through ipv4 host:custom port. Creating another user with sudo, I can login through ipv4:custom port. (I open additional port for sshd to listen to open nat port).
    I guess I'll just stick with sudo user then... anyway, this is a great service with budget price, my other provider just shutting down this month leaving me with 4 dead vps.

Your sshd is configured not to allow root logins. this is a VERY good thing. There is no reason to log in as root when the system is in multi-user mode

Thanked by 3MSPNick doghouch xammy
  • xammyxammy Member
    edited September 2016

indeed, its a very good security precautions. just not used to it when on development platform. thanks for reminding

• @MSPNick I'm looking at getting your NAT VPS but would like to test some speeds. I've sent you PM here and also tried opening a ticket - but the ticket keeps getting closed without a reply. Please check your PM. Thanks!

• @MSPNick debian 8 template fixed yet?

• eyeballer said: I'm looking at getting your NAT VPS but would like to test some speeds.

-------------Speed test--------------------
    Testing North America locations
    Speedtest from Seattle, Washington, USA [ generously donated by http://ramnode.com ] on on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 7.43 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 5.11 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Los Angeles, California, USA [ generously donated by http://ramnode.com ] on on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 5.73 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 5.05 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Dallas, TX, USA [ generously donated by http://cloudshards.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 6.61 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 6.46 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Chicago, IL, USA [ generously donated by http://vortexservers.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 8.66 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 10.77 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada [ generously donated by http://mycustomhosting.net ] on a shared 1000 Mbps port in / 500 Mbps port out
            Download Speed: 9.49 MB/sec
            Upload speed: .15 MB/sec
    Speedtest from New York City, New York, USA [ generously donated by http://ramnode.com ] on on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 8.09 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 6.44 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Atlanta, Georgia, USA [ generously donated by http://ramnode.com ] on on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 6.44 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 7.88 MB/sec
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Testing EU locations
    Speedtest from Paris, France on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 11.26 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 15.95 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Bucharest, Romania [ generously donated by http://www.prometeus.net ] on a semi-dedicated 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 9.53 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 1.83 MB/sec

---------------CPU test--------------------
    CPU: 1 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3520 @ 2.67GHz
    Time taken to generate PI to 5000 decimal places with a single thread: 0m36.955s
    ----------------IO test-------------------
    Writing 1000MB file to disk
    (1.1 GB) copied, 36.1505 s, 29.7 MB/s

Thanked by 1eyeballer
  • @MSPNick 7 days past, my VPS still can't connect.

login from Serial Console:

root@planet:~# ping www.myserverplanet.com
    ping: unknown host www.myserverplanet.com
    root@planet:~# ping 8.8.8.8
    PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
    283 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 281999ms

root@planet:~# ping google.com
    ping: unknown host google.com

root@starvps:~# ping NAT IP
    PING NAT IP (NAT IP) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=1 ttl=54 time=150 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=2 ttl=54 time=79.7 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=3 ttl=54 time=70.6 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=4 ttl=54 time=66.8 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=5 ttl=54 time=68.3 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=6 ttl=54 time=75.2 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=7 ttl=54 time=88.5 ms
    ^C
    --- NAT IP ping statistics ---
    7 packets transmitted, 7 received, 0% packet loss, time 6009ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 66.819/85.714/150.572/27.373 ms

ssh root@NAT IP -p 1XX00
    ssh: connect to host NAT IP port 1XX00: Connection timed out

Sorry post it here, there is on response of my tickets

• @triaqu said:
    @MSPNick 7 days past, my VPS still can't connect.

login from Serial Console:

root@planet:~# ping www.myserverplanet.com
    ping: unknown host www.myserverplanet.com
    root@planet:~# ping 8.8.8.8
    PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
    283 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 281999ms

root@planet:~# ping google.com
    ping: unknown host google.com

root@starvps:~# ping NAT IP
    PING NAT IP (NAT IP) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=1 ttl=54 time=150 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=2 ttl=54 time=79.7 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=3 ttl=54 time=70.6 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=4 ttl=54 time=66.8 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=5 ttl=54 time=68.3 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=6 ttl=54 time=75.2 ms
    64 bytes from NAT IP: icmp_req=7 ttl=54 time=88.5 ms
    ^C
    --- NAT IP ping statistics ---
    7 packets transmitted, 7 received, 0% packet loss, time 6009ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 66.819/85.714/150.572/27.373 ms

ssh root@NAT IP -p 1XX00
    ssh: connect to host NAT IP port 1XX00: Connection timed out

Sorry post it here, there is on response of my tickets

• login to solusvm, create a console session
    • login to ssh using console session, do apt update & upgrade
    • still using root session, apt install sudo, add new user to sudo, edit sshd_config to add port using your nat open port
    • restart ssh, now you can login ssh using custom port with sudo user

i found it the hard way. unless @MSPNick already changed the nat openvz template to LES standard, that's all you have to do

• thank @xammy .

The problem of my vps is no internet connect. login from console session and can't PING any IP .
    so I can do nothing

• you need to create ticket for that, i had similar problem too

• I just picked one up, working good here....

• Although, the cpu average is weird... I'm using less than 10% of the CPU but it's showing my load average of 1.2?!? Just running apache and icecast (which are both idling)...

• 12% = 2.8 average ???

• @MSPNick How long could you handle the ticket #677069 .

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Did you try "Reconfigure Networking" in Solusvm yet?