Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK / EU VPS required with IPSEC support. 2GB | 100GB+ | 2TB/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK / EU VPS required with IPSEC support. 2GB | 100GB+ | 2TB/mo

VPS required to host a few simple web sites with low traffic, PXC DB plus private ownCloud instance and mail server (IMAP and public SMTP MX). IPSEC support required.

Currently have KVM node with above specs plus 2TB/mo. Debian 8.x based. Current provider seems to not answer my requests for a new Paypal subscription so won't be able to be paid on the 1st despite several requests (in case you're wondering, I relocated to a different country and had to create a new account with Paypal).

SATA disk fine as performance not an absolute issue but capacity must be able to be increased in the future.I am located in Portugal so decent network to here would be great for my ownCloud; web site traffic mostly UK / Ireland.

Budget ~ EUR/USD 5/mo

Any pointers please?

Thank you.

Comments

• You find it difficult with this budget. Budget is too low.

• Yeah budget here will be a large issue. The two main issues being the amount of disk space you're asking for and the platform. (KVM)

• Is not the web hosting company in Portugal? @TheGuv

• It was an approximate budget so there is some flexibility there especially if everyone says it's too low :)

My existing hosting company is in the UK. I moved here to Portugal a year ago.

• How about a dedicated server? I can do you an Atom with 2GB RAM, 250GB Drive + 6TB Bw for $15/mo? Located in Maidenhead.

• If you can increase your budget to 7.99 EUR per month, we can do a 2 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD, 1 Core (E3/E5 3.2-3.7 GHz) KVM for you in Netherlands or France. Drop me a PM if interested and I will be happy to set you up with a trial first :-)

Thanked by 1heiska
  • Dude, I'm looking for a virtual server: KVM - 4 dedicated CPU Cores - 8 GB DDR4 RAM - 120 GB SSD - 1 Gbps premium untemeted bandwitdh - VIP S. L. A. - Monthly budget: $1. @TheGuv

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@TheGuv said:
    It was an approximate budget so there is some flexibility there especially if everyone says it's too low :)

My existing hosting company is in the UK. I moved here to Portugal a year ago.

PM me with a cover letter so we can meet each other then. I'm from Portugal too :p

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

If credit card or bitcoin payment is an option, check our KVM HDD Limited plan - 1 vCore 3.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD - $4/mo - wishosting.com

• @exception0x876 said:
    If credit card or bitcoin payment is an option, check our KVM HDD Limited plan - 1 vCore 3.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD - $4/mo - wishosting.com

I think it gave $ 0.50 per month.

• You could even try scaleway...

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Our Cloud service starts at 5.20€/mo

Storage is SSD.

VPN options are nativley included.

Greetings

• Thanks to everybody responded. I guess I didn't realise how good a deal I have currently with regards to disk space/cost. I'll have a rethink.