Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudatCost FREE Cloud Storage and File Hosting.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudatCost FREE Cloud Storage and File Hosting.

RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Got an email from Cloudatcost !

Cloud At Cost System Message:

09/21/2016 01:45 PM

CloudatCost has released its Cloud Storage and File Hosting to existing customers.

This service will allow you to upload files to share with others with optional features like password protection and time expiry.

To try out the service visit https://download.cloudatcost.com

For advanced features like unlimited file expiry and a personal panel for file management you can register. Package details for registering an account can be found here..

http://members.cloudatcost.com/order.php?step=1&productGroup=10&product=72

Thanks for your continued business.

CloudatCost Team.

The pricing system is really weird . But 1TB Disk space is quit nice . But not sure about their network quality .

Per month = $5
Per year = $10
2 Years = $15

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

CashGrab 2.0. You'll be so pissed off within a week that you'll just write off ever using it.. if their VPS products are any indication.

Thanked by 4yomero GCat Lee elflord
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I did got vps from cloudatcost back in 2015 for testing and it was like s**t like getting 200kbps !

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@RIYAD said:
    I did got vps from cloudatcost back in 2015 for testing and it was like s**t like getting 200kbps !

I expect this to be equally as shit. They'll sucker a lot of people into paying for the $10 or $15 plans and never get to properly use 1/100th of what they paid for.

Even if the hardware itself could keep up with normal usage, their network is such oversold trash that you'll want to blow your brains out after pushing a couple hundred megs. And that's a CloudAtCost™ guarantee!

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Temping... even if it's slow.

Hopefully they will make good on their promise for NFS access.

• KazeCloverKazeClover Member
    edited September 2016

Be careful, might be another deadpool....

It seems like their domain (cloudatcost.com) will be expired few months later and it's WHOIS protected. They should renew the domain name at once if they have the intention for continuing their business.

Domain Name: CLOUDATCOST.COM

Registry Domain ID: 1694318036_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
    Registrar URL: www.enom.com
    Updated Date: 2015-12-14T04:27:10.00Z
    Creation Date: 2011-12-29T01:02:00.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-12-29T01:02:52.00Z
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Registrar IANA ID: 48
    Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
    Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
    Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411

• A domain expiration time isn't particularly noteworthy by itself. They could have it on auto-renew. In June of any year, do a whois on any .edu. Check back in a couple of months and see how many expired. The answer will be zero. Now .edu is special, but illustrative of the point I hope.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Cloudatcost is complete and absolute garbage.

• @cloromorpho said:
    Cloudatcost is complete and absolute garbage.

>

Try their DC3, so far the uptime and overall performance of my instance at DC3 is useable.

• @KazeClover said:
    Try their DC3, so far the uptime and overall performance of my instance at DC3 is useable.

DC3 at launch was good, but it's not degraded significantly. I now find DC2 better than DC3 in terms of performance, not sure about uptime since I don't really care about the box and have no monitor for it.

• @KazeClover said:

DC3 at launch was good, but it's not degraded significantly. I now find DC2 better than DC3 in terms of performance, not sure about uptime since I don't really care about the box and have no monitor for it.

Of all the VPSes i've got, cloudatcost is the slowest by a significant margin. I've only bought DC1 resources, but some instances have more resources. Ironically, my oldest cloudatcost instances are pretty good, it's the newest instances that are on overloaded hardware.

Still, at ~$5 per resource block for... ever? Not a bad deal if you've got applications that can tolerate delays and latency. I wouldn't put any consumer facing stuff on this, but backend applications it is good enough. It's a fun, cheap toy.

My ChicagoVPSes from 2012 are... awesome. I think I've got the entire node to myself now.

I'll probably buy this storage solution if/when they implement NFS.