Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to download the latest Proxmox ISO?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxmox version OVH backstage installed:
proxmox-ve: 4.2-64 (running kernel: 4.4.16-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.2-18 (running version: 4.2-18 / 158720b9)

In http://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads download version is:

proxmox-ve: 4.2-48 (running kernel: 4.4.6-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.2-2 (running version: 4.2-2 / 725d76f0)

Unable to download the latest Proxmox, please help me, thank you!

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2016

after installing from ovh template simply login to your server via ssh and run

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

edit: or may be I am getting your request wrong... the OVH version seems to be newer by what you posted?

anyway, updating via apt should always bring you to the newest version regardless from where you installed. proxmox-ve 4.2-64 seems to be the newest (non-subscription) version as of today.

• @Falzo said:

edit: or may be I am getting your request wrong... the OVH version seems to be newer by what you posted?

anyway, updating via apt should always bring you to the newest version regardless from where you installed. proxmox-ve 4.2-64 seems to be the newest (non-subscription) version as of today.

Thank you, I do not want OVH comes Proxmox, just install Proxmox themselves through IPMI, however, IPMI installed Proxmox, always update fails, try again and reload many times, they are the same! Helpless. . . . .

• if you're fine working with IPMI simply get any netinst iso of debian 8 and install minimal debian jessie first. after that install proxmox on top following this procedure:
    https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Jessie

works everytime ;-)

Thanked by 2netomx bersy
  • @Falzo said:
    if you're fine working with IPMI simply get any netinst iso of debian 8 and install minimal debian jessie first. after that install proxmox on top following this procedure:

works everytime ;-)

Thank you, I try!

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Best to install Debian and layer Proxmox on top as @Falzo laid out, gives you an option do a proper software RAID setup as well.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Falzo said:
    if you're fine working with IPMI simply get any netinst iso of debian 8 and install minimal debian jessie first. after that install proxmox on top following this procedure:

works everytime ;-)

Why wouldn't you just use the promox iso for that instead? Are there any benefits by doing this "extra" process?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Falzo said:

works everytime ;-)

Why wouldn't you just use the promox iso for that instead? Are there any benefits by doing this "extra" process?

softRAID

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK

@TheOnlyDK said:

Can't tweak it as much. If you want Software RAID, custom partitions, etc you need to stack it on top of a Debian install.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @Harambe said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

Can't tweak it as much. If you want Software RAID, custom partitions, etc you need to stack it on top of a Debian install.

I have to agree. that sums it up... and I have to admit, haven't looked into the proxmox iso itself very much anyways. I installed debian from netinst that often, that I'd probably could do it while sleeping ;-) not much (brain) work involved ^^

Thanked by 2netomx TheOnlyDK

@Falzo said:

I have to agree. that sums it up... and I have to admit, haven't looked into the proxmox iso itself very much anyways. I installed debian from netinst that often, that I'd probably could do it while sleeping ;-) not much (brain) work involved ^^

Yeah, done it so many times at this point, pretty sure I have done it while half-asleep. Used the ISO once and ended up wiping it because I wanted a SW RAID.

It's not that much extra work, once you get a minimal install done off the netinst image it's a line in your apt sources, a couple tweaks (hosts/sysctl), copy/paste list of stuff to install (kernel/pve files), change your network config to a bridge, reboot. 20-30 mins on a quick connection (RDP box close to target).

Thanked by 2Falzo netomx
  • Here you go : DDL :
    http://bit.ly/2cp0nDs

It's hosted on my VM @ Online.net :)

• @xkwy521 said:

@Falzo said:

Thank you, I do not want OVH comes Proxmox, just install Proxmox themselves through IPMI, however, IPMI installed Proxmox, always update fails, try again and reload many times, they are the same! Helpless. . . . .

If you've installed proxmox yourself you will need to either subscribe to the enterprise repo or reconfigure the apt sources so it uses the free repo.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2016

dragon2611 said: If you've installed proxmox yourself you will need to either subscribe to the enterprise repo or reconfigure the apt sources so it uses the free repo.

why should that be?

to install proxmox on top of debian you already need to add their repos to apt beforehand anyways.

if you proceed with their install guide it will add both repos, enterprise and no-subscription. enterprise simply gives apt a permission denied, so everything is coming from no-subscription by default. the link to the enterprise repo doesn't hurt.

after all no need to change anything after installation ;-)

edit: maybe I got that wrong again.

if you tried to point out, that the OVH template or even the proxmox iso itself lacks of the no-subscription repo, that might be... and if that's the case you're totally right, that one would need to change that ;-)

• @Harambe said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

Not really. You can adjust partitions in the OVH installer and use SoftwareRAID too if you wish.

• Sven said: You can adjust partitions in the OVH installer and use SoftwareRAID too if you wish

that's right, but they have some strange limitations on that, e.g. like raid1 being mandatory for / ... a bit weird considering there are systems with more than 2 disks and raid 1 over 4 disks seems ... much safety :-)

• I see a lot of mentions regarding first configuring software raid with debian then proxmox, I'm not familiar with raid setup so I installed with the proxmox ISO installer and chose zfs raid 10, the setup was very easy. Any advantages or disadvantages using this setup?

So far I'm getting very fast disk I/O with it, the ram cache seems to work quite well on zfs.

root@host:~# ioping -c 10 .
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=1 time=8 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=2 time=6 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=3 time=7 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=4 time=9 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=5 time=27 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=6 time=27 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=7 time=8 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=8 time=24 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=9 time=12 us
    4 KiB from . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1): request=10 time=29 us

--- . (zfs rpool/ROOT/pve-1) ioping statistics ---