Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to protect vps from DDos
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to protect vps from DDos

I buy a vps in hostmada.com ,but a DDos attacks me.I closed all ports except two.One for ssh and another for personal use,all of the two ports' number were above 1024.I also use ufw as a firewall to protect my vps,I deny all ports except two .but it seems useless,one or two hours the bandwidth was to 60Gb when i did nothing.
Who could tell me why ,why is it not use.
Please help me,tell me how could i do.

Comments

• do you a log file to know what kind of DDoS we talking about

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

What are they attacking? A website? Game server?

If it's a website, you could use Cloudflare to protect your website relatively easily.

If it's a game server (i.e., where it's necessary to expose your IP address to your users) then it will be more difficult and costly to protect. Your best bet would be to host with a provider specializing in protecting against DDoS. A GRE tunnel would not be ideal for a game server because of the added latency.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2016

BrianHarrison said: A GRE tunnel would not be ideal for a game server because of the added latency.

Then there's only one solution.

GET A SLICE.

:D-/-<

:D-\-<

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

BrianHarrison said: A GRE tunnel would not be ideal for a game server because of the added latency.

Then there's only one solution.

GET A SLICE.

:D-\-<

Francisco

Chicago pls thanks

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

Step 1. Get DDoS Protection from someone.

Step 2. Profit.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • CloudFlare has work arounds so your server could still be DDoS'd. The only way to properly to protect against these attack is if the hosting provider has the proper hardware in place to mitigate these.