Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Down?

2»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

What a stupid person... How do they get joy out of ruining other people's hard work?

• @trewq said:
    What a stupid person... How do they get joy out of ruining other people's hard work?

You must be new to the internet.

Thanked by 2Ympker BeardyUnixGuy
  • Watching Mr. Robot atm
    Somehow fits the setting. Grabs Popcorn

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

iwaswrongonce said:
    You must be new to the internet.

No I would very much like to punch the cunt in the face though.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

If it's the same dick, then he will be dickish again and the 'Don't be a dick" rule will do the rest.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Yeah, I heard Vultr is down...

• First time I've had downtime with VULTR in awhile.

• Would be interesting to know how large... Never seen an attack that saturated their network before.

@zeitgeist said:

@zeitgeist I've got confirmation from Choopa. Just open a ticket.

Yep.

"Hello,

We were targeted by an unusually large and sudden (no ramp up period) ddos attack, and our systems reacted quickly to mitigate the attack but not without some impact. "

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I think we all got chooped.

• Confirmed deadpooled.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • smansman Member
    edited September 2016

The scary thing about DDoS is that it is apparently getting worse and there is no full proof defense. Even massive amounts of bandwidth capacity is no defense because the attacks are getting bigger.

Sounds like it is pretty easy to do as well. The arrests are often just one or 2 guys running it out their basements.

Thanked by 2jar tux
  • Telia had issues in NYC this morning due to 'an abnormal traffic profile causing congestion'..

• Quite unfortunate, hopefully everyone is fully restored and back online at this point.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@daily said:

@Anna_senpai said:
    It's a very interesting statement. It's "not network related", but something is " targeting network gear". Shouldn't network gear be network related, at the very least by virtue of its name?

Hey pal, maybe next time you ban evade, don't use the same anime character as a profile picture.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/145757/jorgemichaels

and don't make it so obvious by putting the word "senpai" all over your profile. EDIT: banned

@kcaj said:
    Telia had issues in NYC this morning due to 'an abnormal traffic profile causing congestion'..

That was the attack on Choopa/Reliablesite.

• smansman Member
    edited September 2016

@PetaByet said:
    Would be interesting to know how large... Never seen an attack that saturated their network before.

Probably pretty big to take down the whole datacenter although that seems to be the new normal now a days.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi tux

Seems that way, yep.

• When all you have is a hammer...

• PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited September 2016

Looks like some reliablesite subnets have went off the BGP table. Some other downstreams in Choopa's facility seem to be up and running through.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@sman said:
    The scary thing about DDoS is that it is apparently getting worse and there is no full proof defense. Even massive amounts of bandwidth capacity is no defense because the attacks are getting bigger.

Sounds like it is pretty easy to do as well. The arrests are often just one or 2 guys running it out their basements.

That is the turning point I think. When upstream can no longer just sell you more pipe to handle it, they finally have to start thinking hardcore about protecting the product they've sold before people just say "well I can't use it so what good is it to me?"

It had to get worse before it got better, and I think that's exactly what the next 3-5 years will be.

• smansman Member
    edited September 2016

Apparently OVH also got hit yesterday.