Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for small Germany-based VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for small Germany-based VPS

After the closing of VirtWire I lost my $1.50/year Falkenstein (Germany) VPS.
Now I am looking for an alternative. Should also be a real LES, mainly for testing purposes.

Have found an nice offer at I-83.net, they offer a DE-based VPS at £2.50. Good price, good offer. But maybe there are other offers from other providers I didn't find yet. Best would be a non-NAT IPv4, but I think that's not possible at this price-range, or is it?

Comments

• At this rate, you will want annual free virtual server :D

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

$1.50 per year?! Good lord...

If a paid employee working for your host spent more than 5 minutes answering a trouble ticket on your account, then that would be at a net loss on your account for the entire year.

• german_psycho said: But maybe there are other offers from other providers I didn't find yet. Best would be a non-NAT IPv4, but I think that's not possible at this price-range, or is it?

It must be some sort of a joke.

• Hehe.. It WAS cheap and one of the reasons VirtWire went out of business.
    As I said, it's just for testing some stuff and scripts, so latency, etc. isn't that much of a problem. Maybe I should stick with the I-83 offer. From the specs it's more than enough what I am looking for..

Thought so that non-NAT IPv4 isn't possible at this price tag. But why not asking :)

• When did you get that? I remember $7 or $8 but only on a two day promotion back in the day but man $1.50 ????? How can you expect that to work?

• During the NanoVZ days. Even got a small 40gb storage server there for $4.50 / year. Had owncloud running on it for 1.5 years or so without problems.. Until last week when they went out of business.