Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS app
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS app

Quick question to providers using WHMCS. How many of you are using the WHMCS app on either ios or android? If so, any pros / cons? What do you think of the UI, functionality and any missing features?

Roilan

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

WHMCS app for Android used to be good but I uninstalled it last year with no interest in using it anytime soon. My dad still uses it though but only for really minor things, you can't run your whole company from it or anything like that.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

tragic said: Quick question to providers using WHMCS. How many of you are using the WHMCS app on either ios or android?

We haven't yet got to the point of people trying to sell lowend VPSes hosted on their phones ("fair share four cores!") but it is probably coming.

Thanked by 2K4Y5 Basil
  • @raindog308 said:

tragic said: Quick question to providers using WHMCS. How many of you are using the WHMCS app on either ios or android?

We haven't yet got to the point of people trying to sell lowend VPSes hosted on their phones ("fair share four cores!") but it is probably coming.

What a time to be alive.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • tragic said: Quick question to providers using WHMCS. How many of you are using the WHMCS app on either ios or android? If so, any pros / cons? What do you think of the UI, functionality and any missing features?

It's an abomination. Nothing works when you really need it.

• Ive purchased both IOS and Android.
    Both are not good at all. They need major upgrades.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • Interesting. @VENETX what do you think is wrong with them?

• I used to use the android app but removed it since it has major issues for it.
    I couldn't view the tickets on android app I couldn't do anything at all that is why I gave up on it and use chrome instead to access WHMCS admin area on android.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

I tried out the WHMCS app about a year ago. Did not work well at all. Even though the WHMCS web interface is not optimized for mobile, I find it far easier to just use the browser on my phone to access WHMCS.

• Tragic,

There was this one time using the android app on my tablet it wouldnt let me process the order.
    Another one was on Samsung phone it didnt let me reply with the ticket.

IOS:
    On the iPhone it did not let me view the tickets. Maybe they have already fixed this issue this summer. But I will check when my new iphone arrives. Ill redownload it on my Android phone when its fully charged and ill update my experience.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

There is a major bug in it right now that shows all of the original tickets that ended up being merged as new, unanswered tickets that when you click on them are blank.

WHMCS confirmed this bug shortly after the last major version update (back in mid-May) but did not give any timeline for fixing the bug.

Very disappointing.

• Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was looking at the reviews earlier on the app (android) and seemed iffy and wanted to gather some more information.

Either way, the big reason I asked is I found the app lacked UX and some functionality, seems to be a bigger issue than what I thought. I'll be working on a WHMCS app sometime soon (I hope), so it gives great insight.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I use it on android. Only thing i really use it for is to keep tabs on things to make sure sales orders are processed and tickets are done while I am out and about and not at the office staying on top of the guys.

IF could use some work but for what we use it for its fine.

• @qps said:
    There is a major bug in it right now that shows all of the original tickets that ended up being merged as new, unanswered tickets that when you click on them are blank.

WHMCS confirmed this bug shortly after the last major version update (back in mid-May) but did not give any timeline for fixing the bug.

Very disappointing.

Just like OnApp. "moneymoneymoneymoneymoney"