Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is OVH having issues right now ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is OVH having issues right now ?

Here there are red lights everywhere: http://status.ovh.com/
Does that mean it's down for everyone or does this just means theres multiples problems ?
Clients are pissed lol

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

I have dozens of servers and none of them have problems.

The status page shows red because there's tasks in those specific sections. Their status page you linked has nothing to do with automated monitoring of their network.

Use this to check server/rack status: http://status.ovh.com/vms/
    Use this to check network: http://weathermap.ovh.net/

• oijpghjighojioijpghjighoji Member
    edited September 2016

@MikeA said:
    I have dozens of servers and none of them have problems.

The status page shows red because there's tasks in those specific sections. Their status page you linked has nothing to do with automated monitoring of their network.

Use this to check server/rack status: http://status.ovh.com/vms/
    Use this to check network: http://weathermap.ovh.net/

Ok thanks for the info. I have a VPS that I can't reboot from the admin panel so I'll just open a ticket with them :)

• Tried using your console?

• @doughmanes said:
    Tried using your console?

yep :) when I try kvm I get "An error occurred on opening the KVM. (There is already 1 task(s) occuring)"

Recovery mode also doesn't work.

• Just look how big they are. Look how often new incidents happen. There is always something to do. Even if there is a problem with one switch whole category goes red.

edited September 2016

Click "Advanced mode" then click "KVM" to access the console. You don't need to contact support.

Edit: Nvm see your message above. Then you need to wait for whatever task to complete.

• @MikeA said:
    Click "Advanced mode" then click "KVM" to access the console. You don't need to contact support.

Edit: Nvm see your message above. Then you need to wait for whatever task to complete.

Do you know where I can see what tasks are running ? I've searched everywhere lol

• OVH always have issues just follow Oles on twitter

edited September 2016

@oijpghjighoji said:

@MikeA said:

Do you know where I can see what tasks are running ? I've searched everywhere lol

VPS don't have a tab to see in progress tasks like dedicated servers. Just wait for support reply if it doesn't work after 15 minutes or so. I've never had this happen with VPS.. what were you doing before it happened? If you were trying to do many different things in the panel really quick it might have caused it.

• @MikeA said:

@oijpghjighoji said:

@MikeA said:

VPS don't have a tab to see in progress tasks like dedicated servers. Just wait for support reply if it doesn't work after 15 minutes or so. I've never had this happen with VPS.. what were you doing before it happened? If you were trying to do many different things in the panel really quick it might have caused it.

Well, all of a sudden without me doing anything, the wordpress site on the VPS could not connect to the DB so I launched a reboot because usually it fixes the problem. The VPS was setup by some other guys. I just intervene in emergency when stuff is broken lol. The reboot took around 50 minutes and it was stuck at 75% for a while...now it doesn't say anything.

@oijpghjighoji said:
    The VPS was setup by some other guys. I just intervene in emergency when stuff is broken lol.

no offense, but this is never a good thing.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @MikeA said:

@oijpghjighoji said:
    The VPS was setup by some other guys. I just intervene in emergency when stuff is broken lol.

no offense, but this is never a good thing.

I'm not even sure the client has backups lol

• @oijpghjighoji said:

@MikeA said:

@oijpghjighoji said:

@MikeA said:

Well, all of a sudden without me doing anything, the wordpress site on the VPS could not connect to the DB so I launched a reboot because usually it fixes the problem. The VPS was setup by some other guys. I just intervene in emergency when stuff is broken lol. The reboot took around 50 minutes and it was stuck at 75% for a while...now it doesn't say anything.

Sometimes ago my vps also had problems with ssh closed by remote server. Try to reboot, and gotcha, the VPS never booted again :D

I looked from KVM and it stuck. This is ubuntu 16.04.

What OS do you use on the VPS?

@akhfa said:

@oijpghjighoji said:

@MikeA said:

@oijpghjighoji said:

@MikeA said:

Sometimes ago my vps also had problems with ssh closed by remote server. Try to reboot, and gotcha, the VPS never booted again :D

I use CentOS on all of my servers.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

OVH is enormous -- they always have a queue of things to fix.

• Call them up and tell them you have a task stuck and they'll get it fixed. I've had plenty of times where my reinstalls got stuck and called them up and they had it fixed quickly.

• oijpghjighojioijpghjighoji Member
    edited September 2016

Ubuntu. Anyway the site is "fine" now :) the reboot just took 3 hours. Also I finally managed to convince the client to let me setup backups. Happy ending :3

@sin said:
    Call them up and tell them you have a task stuck and they'll get it fixed. I've had plenty of times where my reinstalls got stuck and called them up and they had it fixed quickly.

Thanks I'll try calling next time :)

• Hello guys,
    I've observed poor transfer speed per session from my kimsufi server in RBX for about few weeks. Of course there is no reply from support so far (what in fact does not surprise me). I just wanna ask those of you who have servers connected to rbx1-4b-vr.fr.eu - are you able to download single file via e.g FTP with the speed higher than 1.6MiB/s?
    I simply can't on the route from RBX-->Poland, and RBX-->UK. In addition there are constant packet loss about 50% on the first hop mentioned above in mtr. Dunno why :(
    I wonder is this related to the changes made about month ago mentioned here:
    http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=13962

I appreciate your feedback very much in advance!

• Nothing is down for me, call their support line and they should be able to assist as they do not respond to emails in quick manner.