Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated with own HDDs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated with own HDDs

Another round, my current ISP does not want to do it anymore....

Single CPU (X56xx and similar work fine), 64GB RAM, 2 SSDs at 64GB or more, 8x 3,5" or more, HBA ideally and no RAID (ZFS).

Plan is to ship 8TB SMR drives to fill it up, so need backplane compatibility. Expanders are fine if they provide at least 1Gbit per HDD (most do). HP DL180 would fit very well (12x 3,5") as example.

Europe only, need 2 of them.

Comments

• What is your budget? How much bandwidth do you need? Is a contract fine for you?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2016

Budget... cheap? I have not much idea, but yea looking for cheap else i'd be not here i guess ;)

Inbound unmetered ideally, Outbound like 10TB total for now on Gbit. Few IPs and IPv6.

Contract of a year and even year pre-payment is fine. Have EU company and VAT ID.

• I think @cociu said something about wanting to do delimiter-style ship-your-own-hdd vpsses in the past, so he might be up for this.

Out of curiousity: will you be swapping the drives continuously back and forward to your home?

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:
    delimiter

who?

• teamacc said: Out of curiousity: will you be swapping the drives continuously back and forward to your home?

No, i just don't want to pay rent for them. Open for RTO as well.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I can possibly get this done in Bulgaria. I don't have any 8 LFF bay chasis in stock, but I can easily get some with the next batch. Bandwidth would be problematic, though - I can't offer unmetered inbound.

• Talk to WorldStream, i used to do this with them

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@William said:
    Another round, my current ISP does not want to do it anymore....

Single CPU (X56xx and similar work fine), 64GB RAM, 2 SSDs at 64GB or more, 8x 3,5" or more, HBA ideally and no RAID (ZFS).

Plan is to ship 8TB SMR drives to fill it up, so need backplane compatibility. Expanders are fine if they provide at least 1Gbit per HDD (most do). HP DL180 would fit very well (12x 3,5") as example.

Europe only, need 2 of them.

Could do the following in Frankfurt:

HP DL180 G6 / HP SE326 M1 //
    Dual X5650 //
    64GB DDR3 ECC //
    2x 64GB SSD //
    8x 3,5" Caddy's //
    1Gbit Uplink (20G ToR) //
    10TB Traffic, each TB more is billed with 6€

Inbound Traffic below 500Mbit/s Average is free. Possible for 125€ per month plus a one time setup fee of 129€, based on 12 months of contract lifetime. Includes already 19% VAT.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I know @Infinity may be able to do something in London, not too sure on the bandwidth side of things though.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@William We can do that in France with unmetered bandwidth. But as it is specific you have to contact sales to get the pricing.

• William said: William

i can doit in Romania different networks (you can choose from 4 networks) . Pm if you are interesed

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Send them here :)

• highly recommend @infinity if you're looking for the UK. Would you be looking to swap drives frequently - or more of you're just supplying your own drives?

• oh no thank you, we wont talk to asssasint =)).. israel

• yhuza said: oh no thank you, we wont talk to asssasint =)).. israel

what? .....

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

dedicados said: what? .....

The translation of @yhuza 's post is either "please give me a warning" or "I don't know how to spell". Both, I think.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @dedicados said:

yhuza said: oh no thank you, we wont talk to asssasint =)).. israel

what? .....

El imbécil quiere decir que no hablará con asesinos, mal momo.

• cociu said: i can doit in Romania different networks (you can choose from 4 networks) . Pm if you are interesed

Done. BGP?

• Zeast said: El imbécil quiere decir que no hablará con asesinos, mal momo.

Sí. Sí. El costa loco.

Thanked by 2dedicados GCat
  • Zeast said: El imbécil quiere decir que no hablará con asesinos, mal momo.

Jaja, si lo entendi, por eso puse el what.

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2016

William said: Done. BGP?

if is long term yes , i can provide , usualy i dont provide this but .... let be a exception