Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Free Email Protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Email Protection

VPSCornerVPSCorner Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello All,

This is my first thread here and I wanted to make it something usefull that people can utilize. I've noticed the DDoS threads and wanted to provide some advice to hopefully help some people out. I came up with this theory which probably isn't anything unique the other week when Sendgrid was being DDoSd and they couldn't get their mailservers up.

The idea is to basically register for a mail.live.com account with a custom domain e..g yourdomain.com as it only needs a DNS record to allow you to use their website. What you could theoretically do if you were DDoSd and need to communicate with customers is put the DNS entry in your DNS so that you can access your email addresses from mail.live.com.

I seriously doubt anyone could take down live.com with ease and it will mean you can still access your emails to keep customers updated and that kind of thing.

I use it for my own personal email for my name not business email and it is excellent and as mentioned free.

I will be posting more usefull content in the coming weeks and look forward to becoming part of the community.

Thanks,

VPSCorner.

Comments

• SPSP Member
    edited March 2013

You could just get some spam filtering/email continuity service like MxLogic or Postini if that is what you are after. Even Reflexions would be good, and they have a web portal you can use if your servers are unreachable.

EDIT: None of these are free.

• Thanks for the input. I posted this as a free temp solution for people if they can't reach their mailservers. The methods you have provided are of course more professional though.

Thanks.