Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nocix Replecement ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nocix Replecement ?

Any server with about 240gb of SSD storage with 16gb of ram on the price range from nocix ?
( about 30-35 dolars )
trying to move away from this shitty company ( nocix ~ wsi )

Thanks

Comments

• What problems do you have on Nocix?

• forevermanforeverman Member
    edited September 2016

I dont want to get into details about that company... just that for me... cant stand them anymore ... also... I hate their support team

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • what's wrong with their support team?

• So... I'm here to ask if theres any other company within the same price range... dont want to complain about WSI...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Before somebody throws Dacentec out as a possibility, looks like all their servers for the most part are preconfigured. I looked at OP's budget while on the site and th only option is the L5420 rent to own but its $45/mo

• Delimiter?

• Delimiter, Dacentec or Quadix

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
  • check out our offers https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/cart/

You can have that specs from 24Euros

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket can come close - with the $49.99 special in my signature, we will do 1x 256GB SSD (instead of 2x2TB or 2x128GB) if you open a ticket after ordering.

• I have had very good experiences with WSI / Noxic. However, the next best support team I have found was at dacentec. They are super lovely.

QPS is great, but when I was with them they had nothing but DDOS attacks. I finally left due to the spam of outage notifications in my inbox. Things have -hopefully- changed since then.

Delimiter support team is lacking.... to say the least.

Quadix has had a massively bad history in the past.

Seaflow will tell everyone you are being monitored by the FBI as a way to cover up them not being able to handle a ddos attack.

• AlyssaD said: QPS is great, but when I was with them they had nothing but DDOS attacks. I finally left due to the spam of outage notifications in my inbox. Things have -hopefully- changed since then.

I've had some brief outages as well but I recently noticed that quickpacket peers with Voxility. I don't know how active their DDoS mitigation is but it seems like they're addressing the issue.

• @matteob said:
    check out our offers https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/cart/

I cant seem to find that, the 24eur is HDD not SSD... can you make it the same price ?

• @foreverman said:

@matteob said:
    check out our offers https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/cart/

I cant seem to find that, the 24eur is HDD not SSD... can you make it the same price ?

please press on order button, you will have 7 pages to customize the server including hdd. 500gb sata or 240gb ssd have same price.

let me know if you experiencing any issue with the order process

Regards

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited September 2016

@AlyssaD said:
    Seaflow will tell everyone you are being monitored by the FBI as a way to cover up them not being able to handle a ddos attack.

The name is: SeFlow ....

And yes we fight daily with abuser, spammers, dosser and any illegal activity. We're a security company and we want that legit customers will find a good partner to do business. Every company that allow abusers in their network will destroy his network quality with blacklisted ips, network instability and much more.

For handling DDoS, we had one of the largest worldwide mitigation capacity and recently with the acquisition of supernap uplinks protection we reached 4,7Tbps mitigation capacity. Nobody was blackholed from March until now... here the recent news http://seflow.net/2/index.php/en/blog/seflow-4-7-tbps-network-security-is-now-live-best-place-to-keep-your-data-safe

For any additional info, please feel free to contact us

Thank you for you time

• @qps said:
    QuickPacket can come close - with the $49.99 special in my signature, we will do 1x 256GB SSD (instead of 2x2TB or 2x128GB) if you open a ticket after ordering.

Does it come with any ddos protection?

• @foreverman:

Go with the following from SpeedyKVM:

32GB ECC RAM (31GB usable)
    Xeon E3-1230 (8 CPU)
    1x 960GB SSD (800GB usable)
    Single Disk
    Full KVM Virtualization
    10TB Transfer, 1Gbps Port
    1 IPv4 ($1 for more), /64 IPv6
    UPS Protected Power

This is great value and the network is excellent. They are very stern about spammers and likes to keep their network clean.

Highly recommended.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

We could offer you a refugee special: 16GB DDR3 memory, Intel Xeon L5520 (upgradeable to six core L5640), 240GB SSD, 10TB bandwdith, 100mbit port, IPMI included for $34.99 per month

• Virmach has E3-1240 v2 32GB RAM 240GB SSD 10TB/1Gbps and 12 ips for $45.90 monthly (less with annual payments). I bit more expensive than Nocix. I haven't tested it.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

AlyssaD said: QPS is great, but when I was with them they had nothing but DDOS attacks.

We've had a few big attacks targeted at some of our customers in the past. Most of the impacted users have either taken DDoS filtering services from us, or have moved over to another DDoS filtering service. I won't say it is completely a non-issue, as there are still attacks from time to time, but we have DDoS filtering in place that we re-route traffic through as needed and that usually minimizes any impact to the networks.

Junkless said: Does it come with any ddos protection?

None is included, but we will generally re-route your server's traffic through filtering during an attack if it is a one-off. However, if you get attacked frequently or the attack is impacting other customers, we will ask you to purchase DDoS filtering. We have full-time protection available for $25/month/server. The full-time protection requires renumbering into specific IP addresses that always run through Voxility.