Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter hilariously invoicing me for their screwup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter hilariously invoicing me for their screwup

iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
edited September 2016 in General

Sorry for yet another Delimiter thread...

Pretty sure everyone already knows to stay away from these amateurs, but here's a nice little story. I have one of their $20 boxes for personal stuff. Along the way, the Paypal subscription stopped crediting, so I issued a few manual payments. After I realized that these were duplicates (I had assumed the subscription stopped for some reason) I submitted the first support ticket on Aug 29 letting them know that there were orphaned Payments that hadn't been credited to my account. After getting a response that their accountant would look into it, they went radio silent. I tried contacting them a few more times with no success (on 8/31, 9/1 and 9/11). Finally, my only recourse is to dispute the uncredited payments via Paypal which (no surprise here) receives a near instantaneous response. Here is their reply to Paypal dispute:

In the ticket you claimed these transactions were not applied and we have never received these transaction numbers: [redacted] You have opened chargebacks on: [redacted] The transaction [redacted] shows clearly on your account, screenshot below: https://delimiter.obj.space/images/[redacted].png The other two transactions have not been applied as we have not been notified by Paypal IPN about them. They will be applied today. Had we have had accurate transaction numbers and dates then we would have been able to locate them directly, instead we have to wait for our accountant to manually go through the Paypal looking for unapplied payments.

Ok, so it sounds like I have mixed up the transaction numbers. My mistake. I would have gladly worked with support had they even bothered to respond to my ticket. But here is the cherry on top: they have added an invoice for the 3 Paypal disputes at $25 each. Of course this means the end of my service, since I will escalate the Paypal dispute for a refund and have no intention of paying this ridiculous invoice. Cest la vie.

Invoice: https://i.imgur.com/HWCt7Vk.png

Ye be warned.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Did you ask if they would drop the fees if you dropped the chargebacks? I assume they would.

• @jarland said:
    Did you ask if they would drop the fees if you dropped the chargebacks? I assume they would.

Bit of a non issue. No interest in being a customer of such a shitty company. Previously I thought they were incompetent and a bit cocky. But it's pretty clear now that they are just a shit entity through and through.

• @iwaswrongonce said:

@jarland said:

Bit of a non issue. No interest in being a customer of such a shitty company. Previously I thought they were incompetent and a bit cocky. But it's pretty clear now that they are just a shit entity through and through.

Which company? I'd like to know so I can avoid them.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @jarland said:

@jarland first time seeing your new avatar just want to say you look very huggable and kind :3!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @swain said:

@jarland said:

@jarland first time seeing your new avatar just want to say you look very huggable and kind :3!

That's what he wants you to think. At that point, you've moved too close and it's too late...

Thanked by 5jar FrankZ ATHK Ympker Pwner
  • @swain said:

@jarland said:

He really is, super nice fellow to be honest. He will help you where ever he can, assuming you aren't asking for something drastic.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2016

jarland said: if you dropped the chargebacks

Never-ever do that with a company which has multiple reports of being dishonest.
    I suppose it is the mistake of the OP too since he kept the service on in spite of clear issues being exposed, but financial issues must be dealt with very properly, not least because of taxation implications, money laundering, in this case it may look like delimited took some money for basically no service, payments which cannot be linked to anything...

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2016

delimiter have always been a scammy company they respond to public complaints and paypal (almost instantly) yet always seem to ignore other methods of communication

the 25 carries no legal weight simply ignore it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well, I think if you had managed your own paypal account and payments better this would be a none issue to begin with, when querying it you should have added transaction numbers but to be fair, if they wanted those, they could have asked.

It goes without saying that the second you file a charge back/claim your service is over, I am surprised they would allow anyone to continue service even if they do charge for their time in dealing with it, I would not.

Probably could have been handled better all around, I cant really see this as a negative on Delimiter tbh, an action had a reaction, that's about it.

The only thing I take away from this this is that they have a very slow response time on the billing side and who ever is responsible for dealing with their billing tickets probably needs to be on their last legs in the company.

Aside from that, I don't understand the scam claims in here by a few people, they are a fairly big company, maybe I missed something?

Thanked by 2jar myhken
  • @jarland said:

They wouldn't answer though :P

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Not good. It's very telling where their priorities are when their best response times come with PayPal disputes and public complaints.

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited September 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    Well, I think if you had managed your own paypal account and payments better this would be a none issue to begin with, when querying it you should have added transaction numbers but to be fair, if they wanted those, they could have asked.

Erm, ok? Complete red herring aside, all I asked them to do was credit my account. It's not like a screwed up and asked for a refund. They already had my money, I was ok with that.

@AnthonySmith said:
    It goes without saying that the second you file a charge back/claim your service is over, I am surprised they would allow anyone to continue service even if they do charge for their time in dealing with it, I would not.

I'm not sure what grounds they would have to terminate service. I didn't dispute any legitimate transactions...

Thanked by 1switsys
  • The paypal / subscription thing is a big headache as this has happened to me a few times. Very annoying and after I cut and pasted the transactions receipts from paypal I was credited. I think this was at BudgetVM and once as LFCVPS.

If you sent screenshots of the uncredited payments or cut and pasted the text from Paypal, there is no reason you shouldn't of gotten a refund.

iwaswrongonce said: Erm, ok? Complete red herring aside, all I asked them to do was credit my account. It's not like a screwed up and asked for a refund. They already had my money, I was ok with that.

Well yes however its not anyone else's account but your own, when paypal sends a payment they also send you an email, you really should have known.

But regardless, your right, there is nothing wrong with asking for it to be credited, I think it would have been more prudent to add the transaction details on to begin with, hind sight is always 20/20.

iwaswrongonce said: I'm not sure what grounds they would have to terminate service. I didn't dispute any legitimate transactions...

I don't know what you put in your paypal claim so I cant comment in any detail, unless your fairly new to the way things work, Companies don't usually appreciate or react well to unauthorized payment claims against them.

That said I just had a look at their terms and they don't even mention what to do in case of a dispute (which is fairly silly) so I guess you had every right to sort it out this way if they were not responding.

In short I am not really surprised this is how it turned out but it sounds like they just have a useless billing department in terms of client facing service.

Clearly they just don't know how to handle customers paying twice, the IPN stuff could well be true, it does happen.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2016

AnthonySmith said: Clearly they just don't know how to handle customers paying twice,

This is a pest and extremely annoying for me, especially when they call Prometeus thieves and file chargebacks without even raising a ticket or even a dispute, however, in this case, the customer is right, if the story goes like described, it is fairly easy to match the payment with an account and send the money there as credit, even automatically, Delimiter dropped the ball badly here and they tried to punish the customer.
    That being said, yeah, the customer should have not kept the service in the first place, second, could have allowed more time and open another ticket to another department to look into the issue or nudge billing a bit, if they stopped answering, but it is understandable why it went south overall.

edited September 2016

@Maounique yes I agree, I am aware I tend to stick up for hosts sometimes more than I should, but the fact that they have no pre-available policy on disputes and charge backs and left it 2 weeks without replying and then invoiced for the disputes... the OP did what he had to do.

In fact if he has any remaining service time which he is being prevented from using as a result, I would charge back/dispute the last valid payment as well.

• @cassa said:
    Who?

the joke isn't even funny anymore :|

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @doghouch said:

@cassa said:
    Who?

according to the following people it is: rds100, simonindia, PremiumN, ManofServer and MeltedLux

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @cassa said:

@doghouch said:

@cassa said:
    Who?

according to the following people it is: rds100, simonindia, PremiumN, ManofServer and MeltedLux

Dammit guys :P

oh well, I guess you're right

• Let's say it's still half-funny. ;)

Thanked by 1cassa
  • cassa said: according to the following people it is: rds100, simonindia, PremiumN, ManofServer and MeltedLux

What's the joke about?

• I don't thank it is funny.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

@mov3 said:
    I don't thank it is funny.

Many people may thank so, but still some people thank otherwise as it seems. -a +i

Lee said: What's the joke about?

Which joke?

Thanked by 1cassa
  • stasi said: deli what

d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Who is the joke about?

• @cassa said:
    Who?

Who knows, its some unlimited host.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Amitz said: Which joke?

The one that everyone thinks they know...

• Thats hilarious... Invoices for Chargebacks... Who do they think they're kidding?