Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedi with native IPv6 subnet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedi with native IPv6 subnet

postcdpostcd Member
edited September 2016 in Requests

Hello, i would like to order dedicated server to create couple of the OpenVZ/KVM VPS with native IPv6 connectivity so i can see how it will work. Please can anyone offer me dedicated server with native IPv6 connectivity with small IPv6 subnet?
I can write a review (if you agree) or such, if good price and payment via Bitcoin or PerfectMoney, i will be interested to order more powerfull server. PS: not sure if i need Intel VT support in the CPU, maybe even Atom would do.
Thank You

Comments

• Are you looking for a specific location? Also, what is your monthly budget and preferred specifications?

P.S You will only need VT-x/AMD-V if you plan to do KVM virtualization, but it is not required for OpenVZ containers.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

What server configuration is needed? We offer /64 IPv6 ranges with small one time fee.

• What is your budget and what specifications do you need?

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited September 2016

@cassa @bacloud @Verelox
    no configuration or location requirements, more important is lowest price, i just want to explore IPv6 in VPS i setup thanks to virtualization i install on dedi. What is your lowest price offer? Thx

If i order larger/more expensive server later, then i would prefer Europe(not necessary), Raid 1 approx 500GB HDD or 240GB SSD and something like Xeon E3 or I7 or 2xL55xx or equivalent speed. Now i just need cheapest dedi for testing as mentioned in initial post.

• postcd said: What is your lowest price offer?

We can do an Intel Xeon E5405, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB DDR2 and 10 TB bandwidth @ 1Gbps with a /48 IPv6 subnet in Netherlands at 20 EUR per month. We also have a promotion that you may feel free to check out here (all of these processors support VT-x)

• Go with wholesaleinternet.net, they have $10 dedi with /64 ipv6 block

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2016

If you want to learn how it's done properly, expect to require a /64 per VM, which is why all these silly little providers with just a /64 per entire dedi won't do it for you.

Get one of https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server#perso, they provide a /48 per user account, dedis start from 9 or 16 EUR and both of those support Intel VT.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited September 2016

Didnt kimsufi have a full /64 range they didnt assign to you? I recall something like that being posted here.

edit: here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/27455/yes-you-can-use-the-whole-64-of-ipv6-on-ovh-s-kimsufi/p1

• edited September 2016

I've tried to use the Wholesaleinternet+Virtualizor with /64 IPv6 block, to make some OpenVZ vps with NAT IPv4 + IPv6 ( /80 or /98 or /112) using those /64 IPv6 block and radvd

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Go with wholesaleinternet.net, they have $10 dedi with /64 ipv6 block

Gets you a mighty AMD248 with an ancient 250GB SATA :-)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho