Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who offers cheapest possible comodo ssl?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who offers cheapest possible comodo ssl?

As the title says. I am currently using the namecheap comodo which costs around 9 $. I think I heard somewhere that it is possible to get them for less or even free.

Comments

• LandofnoneLandofnone Member
    edited September 2016

Letsencrypt.org is your answer. :)

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

We use https://www.ssl2buy.com/ -- it looks like they're currently running the special $8.67 per year for a Comodo PositiveSSL certificate.

• LandofnoneLandofnone Member
    edited September 2016

Note: You will need to have your own DNS server and or a web hosting provider that supports Lets encrypt.

• Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

• I always get mine from gogetssl.com. At the moment it says 7.85/year, or 13.85/3-year, for PositiveSSL.

• GoGetSSL all the way.
    (GGSSL-branded COMODO Domain Validation)
    (PositiveSSL)

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Yeah GoGetSSL are the cheapest ones.

• If you get a 3 year certificate, http://cheapsslshop.com/ can't be beat.

• The cheapest is letsencrypt = 0

• what is the difference between all of them?

can it improve my ranking, for a site which doesnt require users to login?

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@salma @joshin @zeast

Cheapsslshop is $4,95 per year if you use their coupon for three years (thtat's $14,85)

Hostigation is $12,99 for three years

Gogetssl is $11,25 for three years

If you are in the EU, you might want to check where the shop is located since you might have to pay VAT on top of those prices.

Thanked by 1joshin
  • @stasi said:
    what is the difference between all of them?

can it improve my ranking, for a site which doesnt require users to login?

There is no technical difference between the 7-15$ budget certs. Its artificial inflation/pricing. There is also no cost to actually make them thus the artificial.

Google chrome will soon be scaring users away from non-ssl websites. I imagine at some point it will improve SERP by demoting non-SSL sites.

All the different certs are like brands. They come from the same source but with different labels and marketing and public image. Its psychology..

Your better off with a host or control panel that supports letsencrypt and not bother with the fees.

Thanked by 1stasi
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

stasi said: what is the difference between all of them?

Nothing. Thus, you probably want to use Let's Encrypt. For ease of use, you can also look at Caddy, which sets it up automatically.

• @salma said:
    As the title says. I am currently using the namecheap comodo which costs around 9 $. I think I heard somewhere that it is possible to get them for less or even free.

Yes, you have heard right. Read more to find them.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@pcfreak30 said:
    Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

That's not true. While actual signing of DV might be easy, not complicated and using a little computing power, it's not like being a CA doesn't cost anything.

You still need employees, insurance, auditors, etc. So no, it's not free to generate, nor artificial.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: That's not true. While actual signing of DV might be easy, not complicated and using a little computing power, it's not like being a CA doesn't cost anything.

You still need employees, insurance, auditors, etc. So no, it's not free to generate, nor artificial.

I think @pcfreak30 is referring to per-unit cost.

• pcfreak30 said: Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

EV SSL, the green address bar is considered helpful in generating extra sales. Letsencrypt don't do EV SSL.

• https://www.gogetssl.com/comodo-ssl/comodo-positivessl/ shows
    1 year - $7.85
    2 years - $6.38
    3 years - $4.62

What am I missing to get the #'s you mentioned?

Thanks!

@tomle said:
    @salma @joshin @zeast

Cheapsslshop is $4,95 per year if you use their coupon for three years (thtat's $14,85)

Hostigation is $12,99 for three years

Gogetssl is $11,25 for three years

If you are in the EU, you might want to check where the shop is located since you might have to pay VAT on top of those prices.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@joshin said:
    https://www.gogetssl.com/comodo-ssl/comodo-positivessl/ shows
    1 year - $7.85
    2 years - $6.38
    3 years - $4.62

What am I missing to get the #'s you mentioned?

Thanks!

You need to become a reseller.

• SSLs.com (Powered by Namecheap) , I think it's the cheapest.

Do you need a free one? Then Let's Encrypt :)

• @ricardo said:

pcfreak30 said: Letsencrypt. Why pay for something that costs nothing to generate?

EV SSL, the green address bar is considered helpful in generating extra sales. Letsencrypt don't do EV SSL.

Im aware of that. The higher ones take actual man power to verify. The budgets are automated.