Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoDaddy domain sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoDaddy domain sale

natestammnatestamm Member
edited March 2013 in General

I am just wondering if any one caught this Today. Jump on it.

Comments

• I just buy a domain name in networksolutions yesterday.

• Where's the offer @natestamm?

• Is this the offer on their homepage?

SPECIAL OFFER! .COM just $0.99! Additional .COMs just $7.99 per year! View offer details
    *Plus ICANN fee of $0.18 per domain name per year. $0.99 price good for the first year of three new or transfer .COMs per customer. Additional years or .COMs may be purchased for $7.99 per year. Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Customers may not use gift cards, In-Store Credit, PayPal® or AliPay to redeem this offer. After the first year, discounted products will renew at the then-current renewal list price. Your discount will be applied in your shopping cart. Offer valid for customers in the US and Canada only.

• @pubcrawler i caught this in the middle of some research online this morning $0.99 ea for three or less dot coms

• Why are you still asking I just got two killer names for under three bucks get your domains Homey You wastin' time

• @pubcrawler said: SPECIAL OFFER! .COM just $0.99! Additional .COMs just $7.99 per year! View offer details

*Plus ICANN fee of $0.18 per domain name per year. $0.99 price good for the first year of three new or transfer .COMs per customer. Additional years or .COMs may be purchased for $7.99 per year. Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Customers may not use gift cards, In-Store Credit, PayPal® or AliPay to redeem this offer. After the first year, discounted products will renew at the then-current renewal list price. Your discount will be applied in your shopping cart. Offer valid for customers in the US and Canada only.

buuhh

• @natestamm buy me a domain and I pay you double through my verified paypal. :D
    I just dont want to be hassled with CC's :(

• @Simple3x I picked one up I was pondering over for a while for a lot cheaper than it cost me a week ago /shrug if you missed this you missed it, and I'm no new Godaddy customer, Lolz

• ^ with Simple3x... The no PayPal part sucks.

NameCheap has identical offer and accepts PayPal....

• @pubcrawler granted. But lately my PayPal has been having a love affair with Dynadot so meh what can i say Hah

• True @natestamm. I mean PayPal isn't the worlds most reputable company either. They just have idiots like me lulled into false buyer security. No whipping out the plastic to pay some random payment gateway.

• @pubcrawler I'm still pissed that Amazon won't roll over for PayPal I know the history but some times I'd really like to make a purchase there without using their payment solution and I usually end up going somewhere else PayPal has been very good to me and is the life blood of my business. Just my two.

• I agree 100% about Amazon @natestamm.

Those two companies are too similar though in shark management to mix it up. Ultimately, I could see Amazon swallowing Ebay+PayPal. Ebay is floundering. Listings are sparse and real lack of deals for a long time on there.

• @pubcrawler Nah the technology Amazon has behind their site is in the stone age, certainly in terms of UI. Any ways you need to understand their hesitation with aforementioned ease of use. It's the same reason lots of companies hold off offering services payable through PayPal. What they don't understand is you get out of worrying about claims and charge backs by offering gift cards and minute cards payable through PayPal. Then they have every record they need of the sale and what was provided ie no one can say they didn't receive what they paid for. I still like Amazon a lot, they just need to wake up. It's time to make money brotha, the past decade of crying to the sky is officially over.

• flyfly Member

nope. godaddy is bad

• GoDaddy, well, ehh, I don't trust them, one bit, along with 1&1. I only register my domains with NameCheap.

• I think we need a Single Page for such announcements, so the no posts can be reduced.

• Godaddy doesn't bother me. Been using them for years and thier setup for pages is way better than other registrars.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@24khost said: Godaddy doesn't bother me. Been using them for years and thier setup for pages is way better than other registrars.

+1. I've bought a few domains through their promo's and never had any issues. When I wanted to ask support a question, they responded in less than 24 hours. You don't need support for domains really. They're fine for me, although I do use Namecheap as well.

I would never use Godaddy for hosting though, domains is about as far as I'd go.

• domains only! That is what godaddy should stick to!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@24khost said: domains only! That is what godaddy should stick to!

Yup, definitely.

Some promotional codes aren't available for the UK as I just found out, haha. :)

• Yeah I didn't like Godaddy's CEO antics back a while ago. Lots of hoof and mouth disease out of that fellow.

Amazon UI antiquated? I HATE 80% of new UI's and their javascript burdened CPU burning inclusions from 5 remote site designs.

Amazon probably won't make more cash with new fangled UI. Bezos is a smart number cruncher and hires very bright (albeit maniacal) folks.

I've been loving 1and1 and namecheap for domains lately. Both are wrapping useful freebies in the offers too.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited March 2013

I don't like GoDaddy as a company and have not registered any domains through them.

The one thing I like about GoDaddy is they offer support for DNSSEC. I have not found any other .com domain registrars who will sign keys for DNSSEC, as long as the domains are registered with them. My current domain registrar is totally clueless about DNSSEC, and I am referring to their senior technical people.

I haven't got a DNS server set up yet, let alone adding DNSSEC, but when I do, I may not have much choice but to move to GoDaddy.

... and yes, I realize that DNSSEC deployment and use is near zero (just like IPv6 deployment in the US). Obviously there is no pressing need to configure DNSSEC, other than for the learning experience.

• @MikeIn said: Single Page for such announcements

Agreed that was a jump on my part New coffee I'm trying out

• @emg
    There are PLENTY of providers offering DNSSEC, Gandi for one.

• Has anyone ever used the Godaddy auctions? I was searching for a domain and apparently it's up for auction, but I can't place a bid without a yearly $4.99 subscription.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited March 2013

@blergh_ There are PLENTY of providers offering DNSSEC, Gandi for one.

I had previously found this list:
    http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/dnssec/deployment

Gandi is there, but the only US-based registrar that handles .com is GoDaddy. I have no prejudice against non-US providers, but mild concern that if someone steals one of my domains, I am ill-equipped to deal with the situation from my location in the US.

Can you recommend another, more complete list of DNSSEC-supporting domain registrars?

• emgemg Veteran
    edited March 2013

P.S. I just gave a closer look at Gandi's website, and note that they have a US office in San Francisco. I also note that they are the registrar for US-based companies and organizations that I recognize and/or support.

• @emg
    There should be no legal issues with using a non-US based registrar as the central organ controlling the zones are based in the US.

Gandi is alright, support might be a bit slow at times. But i only use a few Swedish registrars and Gand, those are the ones that offer DNSSEC, something like INWX doesn't (but are great nonetheless)