Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mandrill Pricing Updates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mandrill Pricing Updates

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in General

I know some people here, including myself, using Mandrill for sending emails. Just received this email from them a few minutes ago.

Pricing is changing to pay as you go, and they are adding new features as well.

Link: eepurl.com/xhvL9

Comments

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

wow your fast, didnt even have time to read the email

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@HC_Ro

My email is open most of the day.

• I've never hit my 12k limit ...

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@Zen said: sendgrid here

Same here.

• I tried Sendgrid and they wouldnt approve this one site I was working on. I forget their reasoning behind it but I was like "F" it so went with Mandrill instead. Instant activation and I was up and running within half an hour.

• Newbie question but... why do you need to use sendgrid or mandrill? To get INBOX?
    Why don't you send direct from the server?

@DragonDF Better chance of your mail getting to the inbox. They usually have deals with large ISPs and email providers to make sure their IPs don't get blacklisted.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • @Fliphost
    It was what I imagined.
    I was sure you were going to be the first to comment here. :)

Thank you!
    I need to be more effective in email marketing. I have clients that do not remember that I exist.
    This is not smart.

I need to send at least 1 email by 15 days.
    I could not get the idea why to use mandrill and not MailChimp (mailchimp.com/pricing/).
    What is the advantage to use madrill if I need to use an API and not MailChimp or Aweber, ConstantContact and others? The last ones I know that the price is A LOT different, but between MANDRILL X MAILCHIMP?

Thank you!

Well mandrill is owned by mailchimp.

Mandrill gives you 12,000 emails per month for free ( I don't hit this ).

You can either use their api or just standard smtp.

A quick look at mailchimp makes me think it is mainly for newsletters, as it tends to charge by subscriptions.

I would 100% recommend mandrill though, it works great.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • I think Mailchimp insert a LINK in your message to say something like:
    Sent from MailChimp... etc etc. A way to be promoted, too. It is free but they EARN with the LINK ADs.
    :)

• @DragonDF said:
    I think Mailchimp insert a LINK in your message to say something like:
    Sent from MailChimp... etc etc. A way to be promoted, too. It is free but they EARN with the LINK ADs.

Which doesn't look good if you have customers that care about professional image and dislikes ads. Not for everyone sadly.

• @DragonDF said:
    I think Mailchimp insert a LINK in your message to say something like:

Its for free users.Badge is removed from paid accounts.

• Yes, for free accounts.
    But Mandrill is FREE untill 12,000 and I hope you will not see any link (automaticaly inserted) in your message, right?
    Maybe Mandrill is a better option, really.
    I need to start an account there for a test purpose.
    Let me watch some youtube videos tutorials to learn..heheh. :)

• Guys,
    Is there anyone here who can give a direction how to setup my mandrill's account?
    I have just added a domain there but I am having problems to VERIFY it.
    I could not understand what I need to do in Cpanel to verify it.

http://help.mandrill.com/entries/22030056-how-do-i-add-dns-records-for-my-sending-domains

How can I add dns records like they want?

@Fliphost ?

• I thought that I needed to created a new subdomain "mandrill._domainkey.MYDOMAIN.COM" but cpanel does not allow to insert domains with _ , so I think I did not understand what to do very well.
    I tried to find something in youtube, without success.

• @DragonDF said:
    I thought that I needed to created a new subdomain "mandrill._domainkey.MYDOMAIN.COM" but cpanel does not allow to insert domains with _ , so I think I did not understand what to do very well.
    I tried to find something in youtube, without success.

Try using the Email Authentication page to enable DKIM (/frontend/x3/mail/auth.html)

• It looks like not so easy.

Take a look at this:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/setting-up-spf-dkim-records-322311.html

Maybe the best idea is to try to use outook. :)