Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free DNS record history site
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free DNS record history site

twaintwain Member
edited March 2013 in General

Does one exist?

Comments

• who.is

• twaintwain Member
    edited March 2013

@zhuanyi said: who.is

You sure? ..just seeing current records...

• Domaintools? These services usually costs money

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited March 2013

@twain who.is include last 1 record along with the real-time one As Far As I have Seen.

Note:- Only if some one have accessed the past record from the website.

Plus try Domain tools trial.

• @twain said: You sure? ..just seeing current records...

There is a tab called History.

• @zhuanyi said: There is a tab called History.

cool thanks

• This is the direct link if you can't find the tab:

http://who.is/domain-history/

• @zhuanyi said: This is the direct link if you can't find the tab:

http://who.is/domain-history/

Searching doesn't provide results, just redirects you to the home page.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited March 2013

@MannDude said: Searching doesn't provide results, just redirects you to the home page.

Search first from the homepage, then hit the History tab.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

http://who.is/archive-removal/:

There are many benefits to having archived whois information available online, however, we do respect our visitors privacy. If you are the owner of a domain and would like to have the archived information removed from public display there is a $29.95 processing fee for each domain name.

Nasty. Apparently name.com is joining the get-your-data-removed-from-the-web extortion scheme... that scheme has been getting more and more popular lately.

• BK_BK_ Member

@joepie91 said: Nasty. Apparently name.com is joining the get-your-data-removed-from-the-web extortion scheme... that scheme has been getting more and more popular lately.

I was actually happy (and minorly alarmed) to see gandi.net give me the option to allow them to sell my WHOIS data when I decided to go with them on some recent domain registrations. They've got my respect though for having it default to "no" in addition to pretty much saying "we don't want to have to sell your data, don't make us".

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

I can charging @joepie91 for removal. It's a bit shady.

But at $29.95, that's a freaking ripoff. At $3-$5, tolerable.

You know, the low end extortion bracket...

• Removal is only performed on who.is database, right? There might be a lot other services caching the info on their database.

• BK_BK_ Member

@DalComp said: Removal is only performed on who.is database, right? There might be a lot other services caching the info on their database.

I would assume so. This is the exact same thought that first crossed my mind :/

• @DalComp +1 for link suppression is good, legit way to do that

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: But at $29.95, that's a freaking ripoff. At $3-$5, tolerable.

Actually, even $3-$5 is ridiculous. Removing historical WHOIS data really doesn't amount to anything more than removing a row from the database, which is effectively free. Verification could be done easily by letting the domain owner set a TXT record - also doesn't cost anything. Both can be implemented in a negligible amount of time.

The "processing fee" is really nothing more than a good legal excuse to charge people for removing their data. It holds no technical or economical justification.

@DalComp said: Removal is only performed on who.is database, right? There might be a lot other services caching the info on their database.

Correct. This makes it even more shady. The "erase your identity" services at least attempt to remove your data at other places as well.

• emgemg Veteran

I tried a few domains on who.is. Nice website, but their information is not complete. Perhaps they scan domain registrations only periodically. Thus, if multiple changes fall between the events, some of them may get missed.