Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to LET, and cheap OpenVZ hosting in general!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New to LET, and cheap OpenVZ hosting in general!

Hi everyone!

I have a low traffic production site on a 768mb KVM VPS on Vultr. Here's a screenshot of my typical resource usage

Previously I was hosted on Digital Ocean. I've never used any other VPS providers. Although I'm very fond of instant provisioning, snapshots, auto backups and all the other nifty things, I can live without them.

While DO and Vultr are already very cheap, I see even cheaper deals around here. Especially for OpenVZ.

Seeing my usage, do you think I can switch to one of these cheap OpenVZ servers? What should I look for in a provider? What should I avoid? I'm in the process of converting my server config into Ansible so I can deploy anywhere instantly. Until then I can't try them out myself to get an idea :(

Comments

• Should probably be just fine :)

Thanked by 2PepeSilvia ehab
  • stay where you are, don't move

• @ehab said:
    stay where you are, don't move

Why do you say that?

• Why do you say that?

cheaper deals are only cheaper by what 20% and then you want to compare those you mentioned with some X provider!

if you run production then as cassa said you'll be just fine.

you can also check the polls and try any of the top 5 providers, which btw has DO and Vultr :)

• Grab a BuyVM. They are the best for the cheapest price.