Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeQuery Server Error - Any Free Alternative ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeQuery Server Error - Any Free Alternative ?

Hello,

I was using NodeQuery for monitoring my 2/3 servers and suddenly they started showing

Server Error

Oh no, it seems something went terribly wrong. If you have any questions or problems regarding our service, feel free to send us an email or contact us via Twitter @nodequery

So i want to know is there any free and good alternative that can be comapred to NodeQuery or better than NodeQuery.

Thanks.

Comments

• NixStats ? Newrelic Server Monitoring

Thanked by 1netomx
  • nixstats.com

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Domin43 said:
    nixstats.com

How much resource it use ? Trusted ?

• Hetrix Tools for server uptime and blacklist monitoring. If you want detailed metrics, Newrelic.

• RockIslander said: Newrelic.

Is it free ?

• is it possible to use Newrelic server monitoring on a cPanel server ?

• nixstats, uptimerobot, updown

• vintervinter Member
    edited September 2016

I have used all 3 of the obvious ones (NodeQuery, Nixstats, Newrelic) and I am sticking with Newrelic for now, at least as long as it is free.

Performance-wise (best to worst): Newrelic (uses 7MB RAM, CPU usage negligible) > Nodequery > Nixstats (Python client)

Problems i have encountered with the other ones:

Nixstats: panel loading super slow, non-responsive

Nodequery: Downtime

To be fair Nixstats and Nodequery are both in beta and are completely free, so you can't really blame them.

• Started using Newrelic, not too fancy but does it work perfectly ...

• StevenGeorge said: Started using Newrelic, not too fancy but does it work perfectly .

and price?

• @dedicados said:

StevenGeorge said: Started using Newrelic, not too fancy but does it work perfectly .

and price?

for server monitoring it's free .. don't know for how much days :(

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • I've used Newrelic server monitoring for... according to my email 3 years. Zero problems and I don't think they'll make it pay. Wouldn't surprise me if it actually exists to test their infrastructure with a large number of connections and activity before rolling out the underlying stuff for the for-pay solutions.

• sinsin Member
    edited September 2016

I use New Relic Synthetics too for monitoring my web servers/http. It's free and let's you do 1 minute intervals from lots of different locations and I love the graphs showing off the connect times and all that.

• so you don't tell NQ about these error?

• @tommy said:
    so you don't tell NQ about these error?

It's almost 3 days and i tried contacting them ....

Thanked by 1tommy
  • @StevenGeorge said:

@tommy said:
    so you don't tell NQ about these error?

It's almost 3 days and i tried contacting them ....

I have almost 9 months trying to contact owner. With no luck.

Site is hosted with Prometheus, maybe they can contact him (I know that will not be correct)

Thanked by 1tommy
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2016

New relic is awesome, although we don't use it for servers or physical infrastructure.. we've got PRTG for that.

• and is back online!

• @marian said:
    and is back online!

Newrelic is doing good, may be i should say better than NodQuery .... NodeQeury use more resources than Newrelic i think ....

So i am going to stick with Newrelic :)

• Just bumped into this thread. I have been trying Pinguzo : https://pinguzo.com/
    It is in beta but the guys are developing it well. I have been using it since a week now.
    The best part I like is their customisable alerts. I use HipChat and it sends alerts to it as well. Installation is a breeze.

• Newrelic has been amazing for us.

• it seems the Newrelic has no function of show the server's uptime? or I don't find where is it?