Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused to choose vps package - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Confused to choose vps package

2»

Comments

• I use an Atom 330 as the main router in SC and an Atom D525 as the NAS in LA, they are fantastic workhorses at .35A draw. But reality, I found a Sempron stomps it at .4A drawn.

• @mITgiB do you use freenas or something similar?

• clarity_64clarity_64 Member
    edited December 2011

@qenox said: qenox 3:05PM FlagThanks

@mITgiB do you use freenas or something similar?

For some reason, I think that he is using vyatta.? I might be wrong here of course. The open source version.

• @dclardy, vyatta is for routing only though? I'm interested to know what he uses for the NAS.

• @qenox said: @mITgiB do you use freenas or something similar?

The NAS is just a base Scientific Linux 6.1 install and I manually configure for nfs/ftp needs, the Router is Vyatta

One of the cool things I did with the NAS is right now, it is a 4 drive raid5 with software raid, but there is also an LSI 9280 raid card with external only ports so I can chain more drive space onto it.

Thanked by 1fan
  • @miTgiB thanks! I've used freenas to provide an easy interface to clients, but it's not that stable (particularly when it comes to NFS). You'd think it would be rock solid being BSD based.

• @qenox said: Agreed, too many levels where things can go wrong. And how does it work with marking up the prices? Seems like the end-user might as well get their own alpha (or whatever) reseller account?

end user not getting any problem yet.pm you site name.they are still leader in providing alpha reseller.

@Kairus said: Sounds like a lot of potential to mess things up with a server move.

hope for the best.lets try.If i hire server management team they will take all risk.

@Infinity said: I've run cPanel on a FDC Atom before, it ran fine. I can't properly comment since I don't know how CPU intensive the sites hosted will be.

how many user hit your server per day?what about your bandwidth?do you provide hosting account ?reseller account?

• @st0rm911 I wouldn't build my business around "no problems yet". Btw, the host you mentioned had their billing system compromised, or at least, that's the word on WHT.

• st0rm911st0rm911 Member
    edited December 2011

@qenox
    for whmcs upgrade delay they get affected.after.all they are account not hacked.:)

• @Amfy there are also the new kimisufi 'special edition' with IntelE65502x 2.33 GHz, gigabit ethernet and raid disks at just 26.99 eur. But i guess for his own needs the smaller kimisufi with a celeron is fine. It's a dedi, not a vps. And setup is free so he can test for 1 month and then change to a larger one if the small is not powerful enough, or if he's not able to configure and optimize it.

But considering he suggested France or Singapore and he has quite a bunch of websites i think nothing can beat the performance/price of a dedicated kimisufi.