Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 1.14 Beta1 is out
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 1.14 Beta1 is out

marcmmarcm Member
edited March 2013 in General

I just upgraded our internal SolusVM master to 1.14 Beta1. It was just released, so there is no blog post yet on http://blog.soluslabs.com
I have been enthusiastically awaiting this mostly because of the life migration feature :-)

I am also working on a custom theme for the client area, and I meant to ask @soluslabs if there will be a new theme for the client area in the final release of 1.14; if not, I will continue working on my own version which is largely based on the "enhanced" theme.

Comments

• Any issues to report @marcm? How is the beta going for you so far?

• marcmmarcm Member

@N_Serian Great so far :D

• mtoledocemtoledoce Member
    edited March 2013

looks very good at first sight

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited March 2013

Debug Reboot seems like a nice feature for when servers just don't boot and you don't want to SSH in for some reason.

• Certainly you're not putting this into production just yet?

• @MannDude

http://docs.solusvm.com/release_versions_beta

Added reboot debug for all virtualization types

• marcmmarcm Member

@MannDude said: Certainly you're not putting this into production just yet?

@MannDude - I am running this on our internal box that we use for development.

• Was @Manndude referring to me or marcm o.O

• @SimpleNode said: Was @Manndude referring to me or marcm o.O

Anyone really. Since it's still in beta I wasn't for sure if you all were running it in a production environment yet or not or simply setting it up on a dev box somewhere.

I'd play around with it but I just canceled my datashack dev box last week and the solus license I was using on it for some tinkering projects. =/

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Bulk migration an option yet @marcm or only 1 at a time?

• @AnthonySmith
    One at a time it seems.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

:-/ oh well.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

With all of the negative things surrounding SolusVM in the past, their beta releases tend to be pretty stable compared to other products.

• @marcm said: the life migration

Wow, so you can migrate my life now.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I haven't yet upgraded, however as Joe said, their Beta's are usually stable.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited March 2013

Remember to make a backup of your SolusVM database before you run the update.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@MrAndroid said: Remember to make a backup of your SolusVM database before you run the update.

I would hope everybody here is doing at least hourly backups but if you do find yourself in trouble and you aren't, SolusVM makes a backup of everything before each upgrade if I remember right.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@MrAndroid said: Remember to make a backup of your SolusVM database before you run the update.

You are owner of solusvm aka @soluslabs ?

Please add this features..
    1. Option to Remove backup file of terminated VPS(Manually but from master panel)
    2. Option to Move "Live Search" box to header
    3. Live XenHVM migration from 1 server to any other solusvm node
    4. Show full list of suspended vps without scrolling
    5. Option to setup a "automated task" so If customer press "Reinstall" button then automatically mount OS, set cdrom then reinstall os
    6. Add a option to remove customers blacklisted IP by entering a IP Address in box and then pressing a button "remove"
    7. Automatically reboot/start VPS if customer pay invoice for suspended vps (Solusvm sucks :( . . )
    8. If use WHMCS then Show next due date in solusvm vps list
    9. Option to disable showing functions like "Change VIF" (Sometimes by mistake customers change VIF to unsupported vif)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited March 2013

@KuJoe said: I would hope everybody here is doing at least hourly backups but if you do find yourself in trouble and you aren't, SolusVM makes a backup of everything before each upgrade if I remember right.

About a year ago I updated SolusVM and it wiped half the database (turns out it was doing a large cron at the same time). It was lucky that I had a backup and could restore with only a few hours of data missing.

• @DewlanceVPS said: You are owner of solusvm aka @soluslabs ?

Please don't insult me.

• Beta works fine here.

• @DewlanceVPS said: You are owner of solusvm aka @soluslabs ?

1. Please add Autoboot
  • @DewlanceVPS said: 7. Automatically reboot/start VPS if customer pay invoice for suspended vps

This already happens....

• Updated today after checking this thread. Thanks. Now checking.

• @DewlanceVPS I believe it's physically impossible to have a OpenVZ VPS in solusvm be shut down while not being suspended (there's no way to do it), unless you vzctl stop it.

@Damian I believe that doesn't apply for Xen HVM, as it appears to have a "Power Off" button, so it may unsuspend powered off.

@Damian said: This already happens....

No, If Xen-HVM is suspended for unpaid invoice and client pay invoice then solusvm does not automatically start or boot vps.
    (Client manually need to start/reboot vps)

• Automatically reboot/start VPS if customer pay invoice for suspended vps

@DewlanceVPS you can probably do this with a AfterModuleUnsuspend WHMCS hook.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

I hope soluslabs update whmcs module, it not good.

@phxadam said: you can probably do this with a AfterModuleUnsuspend WHMCS hook.

I already post a thread in whmcs in 2012 but my thread is still unreplied and SolusVM ignore my request..(solusvm told me in a ticket "This is our advance feature to not reboot after unsuspend" )

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?64206-WHMCS-Hook-Reboot-VPS-AfterModuleUnsuspend

• @DewlanceVPS said: "This is our advance feature to not reboot after unsuspend" )

Which makes sense, just like your advanced feature to auto reboot.