Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luna Node uptime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Luna Node uptime

me@lunanode1:~> uptime
 22:40pm  up 155 days  6:44,  1 user,  load average: 0.64, 0.68, 0.72

Running openSUSE Leap with Drupal on Nginx + PHP-FPM + MariaDB

Thanked by 1elflord

Comments

• Wow great content. Thanks for posting.

• Review of the year.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@hostnoob said:
    Wow great content. Thanks for posting.

Actually, he hacked the page, so the review is actually moving around the page really fast. In fact, it's moving too fast for the human eye to see.

• sb56637sb56637 Member
    edited September 2016

My pleasure, glad you liked it. I can post my untrimmed journalctl log too if you like longer posts. :-P

• there is an option to solve this problem

ctrl + w
    done

Thanked by 1yomero
  • sb56637 said: My pleasure, glad you liked it. I can post my untrimmed journalctl log too if you like longer posts. :-P

Not posting at all would be preferred.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @sb56637 said:

me@lunanode1:~> uptime
     22:40pm  up 155 days  6:44,  1 user,  load average: 0.64, 0.68, 0.72

Running openSUSE Leap with Drupal on Nginx + PHP-FPM + MariaDB

Which datacenter?

• up 159 days, 18:37, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.05

Toronto, runing Debian 8.2 64-bit Nginx + PHP-FPM + Percona

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • me@moon:~> uptime
    22:40pm up 15500976 days 6:44, 1 user, load average: 0.64, 0.68, 0.72

Moon, running CentOS v8 82bit.

Thanked by 2perennate netomx
  • @zafouhar said:
    me@moon:~> uptime

To be fair, you can't really make 82 bit OS, 128 or 256 would be better.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

TheOnlyDK said: To be fair, you can't really make 82 bit OS, 128 or 256 would be better.

No no, you don't understand, most operating systems today are too bloated and need millions or even billions of bits, zafouhar's is only 82 bits.

Also, fundamentally there is no reason that data needs to be stored in units that are a power of 2 of bits. See e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/36-bit and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/48-bit and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/60-bit

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Four20
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@zafouhar said:
    me@moon:~> uptime

To be fair, you can't really make 82 bit OS, 128 or 256 would be better.

My OS is special because its hosted on the moon!

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Lunanode is seriously badass.

That is all.

Thanked by 3yomero netomx Four20
  • cirrus_cloudcirrus_cloud Member
    edited September 2016

@jarland said:
    Lunanode is seriously badass.

That is all.

Are there any other *OpenStack providers like Lunanode? They're the best Digital Ocean replacement that I've found.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

@cirrus_cloud iwStack, Vultr, Linode (iwStack does use CloudStack, Vultr and Linode have their own platform, Luna Node actually uses OpenStack with their own platform built on top of it)

• Lunanode does not even let me recover my password, I know a year ago or so I did the double balance promo but it keeps telling me to try later.

• cirrus_cloudcirrus_cloud Member
    edited September 2016

@perennate said:
    @cirrus_cloud iwStack, Vultr, Linode (iwStack does use CloudStack, Vultr and Linode have their own platform, Luna Node actually uses OpenStack with their own platform built on top of it)

Sorry, I meant OpenStack (which is what Lunanode uses). I tried iwStack (Cloudstack). Besides the interface being clumbsier than OpenStack, it causes an image to be the entire size of a volume, which was the deciding reason to go with Lunanode. I wanted something that could upsize / downsize easily but also do backups / images with the provider and then also use an API to allow a remote connection with the API key to have the ability to download the backups remotely.

iwStack fits the bill, but the images are equal to the size of the volume instead of just the used space. So while iwStack is cheap, it's less economical than Lunanode with the image sizes. Even if Vultr or Linode have the same features, they're a bit more expensive. The volume performance on Lunanode seems to be performant and the price is much better for the VM instances. It would be nice to have the option of SSD-backed volumes (like DO and others), but cheaper was best for me.

• @Stevie said:
    Lunanode does not even let me recover my password, I know a year ago or so I did the double balance promo but it keeps telling me to try later.

Contact support, they're very kind and helpful so I'm sure they can help you out with that.

• @Stevie said:
    Lunanode does not even let me recover my password, I know a year ago or so I did the double balance promo but it keeps telling me to try later.

If I remember correctly, need to wait a few hours before new password taken effect .

• @sin
    @hiphiphip0

I did not get in contact with them (since I was trying to look through my emails) but Support got in contact with me (that was awesome of them) and after a bit of a chat it seems I was wrong and I do not have an account, when I see a hourly cloud host I like to deposit some cash on there so when I need to create a vps I have the money there and won't have to worry, I have done this to about 10 different places, so I thought I had a luna node account but I was wrong.

Thanks everyone (p.s will be making a luna node account today heh)

• sinsin Member

Discovered I still had an account credit with Lunanode so I setup a new VPS on a volume and I see Lunanode still kicks ass :). I installed a Hiawatha, PHP7, and Mariadb stack for a Wordpress site and it's crazy how fast it is.