Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What made you want to sell LEBs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What made you want to sell LEBs?

superpilesossuperpilesos Member
edited March 2013 in General

What made you want to sell LEBs, instead of "premium" VPS/VDS hosting? Do you have another brand under which you provide higher-priced services with better reliability or other attributes?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Interesting question. We tried to combine "premium" and "LEB".

• vedranvedran Veteran

I don't want to sell LEBs, I want to buy them.

• JacobJacob Member

I do both.

• FreekFreek Member

@shovenose said: We tried

Yes you did.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Was tired of people overcharging for something that I could offer cheaper and do just as good.

And I found LEB/LET ;)

• Sell them, no I buy them. I buy them because I know what servers cost and generally what the economic models are. Dealt with higher cost offers with many poor experiences. Figured either keep buying dedicated servers or try the lowend offers.

Well, now I buy dedicated servers (hoping to stop that) and doing more low end VPS offers.

• I don't sell LEBs. I come to LET to make friends.

• wdqwdq Member

I come here and buy VPS's since there are so many different offerings from all of these different hosts. All of them tend to be significantly cheaper than a lot of the bigger hosts, and if you find a good LET host they'll have the same if not better support, uptime, and performance. Of course you have to keep an eye out for the bad hosts, but there are certainly a good number of good hosts to choose from here.

• laaevlaaev Member

To be #Winning

• N_SerianN_Serian Member
    edited March 2013

@CVPS_Kevin said: To be #Winning

Don't flatter yourself*.

• There is no fucking way i would do LEB's, not with this crowd.

• imperioimperio Member
    edited March 2013

Imho, LET is becoming so much provider playground regarding the latest threads.If there will be not enough demand, providers will have to compete to death.

• I came to the low-enders as I found that people in the normal realm don't want to buy from you unless you have been in the business for 5 years.

• There is no fucking way i would do LEB's, not with this crowd.

+1

providers will have to compete to death.

Ummm yeppers. That's why I don't believe this site is as popular as it supposedly is. Phantom viewers. Sure.

people in the normal realm don't want to buy from you unless you have been in the business for 5 years.

Normals are into buying Walmart style everything. The big business stupidity.

• I don't sell them, I just like buying them :P

LEBs are supposed to get your name out there so you can sell some higher packages later on and make some decent profit. Unless they have their own hardware and IP space, I dont see how could providers profit on LEBs otherwise.

• I dont see how could providers profit on LEBs otherwise.

Scale. Lots and lots of users.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

To be honest, this low end market has higher expectations than some of the higher end products. Underselling is what others boast in the higher markets, sometimes. Underselling doesn't provide a huge benefit for most people. The bar is set high here, despite the race to the bottom on prices (which will solve itself, that's economics).

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: Scale. Lots and lots of users.

Correct. Which brings me back to the point - one need its own hardware and IP space to make it worth it.

And of course, good deals on racks and bandwidth.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@jarland

Exactly, I feel the higher competition forces me to improve my product and make what I offer stand out.

The higher expectations make what I do better.

• this low end market has higher expectations than some of the higher end products.

That's because more of this audience are hobbyists with ample time and learning emphasis. Moderately eccentric / ADD / ADHD audience the Lowend is. Highly compulsive.

Big packages with generic Walmart style providers attract lame a$$ corporate drones who buy big BS as-if it is a guarantee to success. Their resources site typically insanely idle, except for a few of them with actually busy sites (which is becoming rarer).

Considering where pricing for servers has gone, lowend is more able to be done than ever. Big RAM, many cores, Gbps, etc. it's a lala land if you are buying servers.

IP space necessity and own ASN? Nice, but not necessary. Probably never will be.

• FreekFreek Member

@CVPS_Kevin said: To be #Winning

You aren't #Winning anymore. Prometeus is now, with their OVerZold plans.
    I am waiting for your next move!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

6GB?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Freek, it seems as though they've been undercut to a point that scares them. If any more similar offers start coming about, I wouldn't be surprised if ChicagoVPS started to drift into the distance. I wonder just how their sales look now in comparison to say 6 months ago when they were the only $7/2GB provider around. Would be interesting to see.

Personally, I've always had good performance at ChicagoVPS and can't complain. This is in no way a dig, just an observation of the progress other providers have made and how they've caught up and are starting to surpass CVPS.