Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't send Email using Amazon SES
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can't send Email using Amazon SES

Hello,

I was trying to send email using Amazon SES SMTP credentials, i have verified my sender domain and sender email. But it won't let me send mail, it shows that i need to have receiver email address verified too :(

Is it possible to send email without verifying receiver email address ?

Also if anyone please tell me how much free email i can send and receive with Amazon SES ?

Thanks.

Comments

• 62,000 if sending from Amazon AWS free tier

Thanked by 1StevenGeorge
  • @GCat thanks for the information, can you please help me with that error ?

• @StevenGeorge said:
    @GCat thanks for the information, can you please help me with that error ?

You must be sending from the AWS machine in order for the free tier to work. Are you sending directly from the AWS machine?

• @GCat no, iwas trying to send from a different server, so it seems that i can't use Amazon SES ....

Can you please suggest me any good alternative ?

• @StevenGeorge said:
    @GCat no, iwas trying to send from a different server, so it seems that i can't use Amazon SES ....

Can you please suggest me any good alternative ?

TFG, it's a great alternative. It stands for "try fucking googling."

On a serious note however, you can just setup an API on your AWS Free Tier server, and call it like that if you plan to send, otherwise you need to find another provider, here is a good one

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fbcpckfbcpck Member
    edited September 2016

• Mailgun is a good alternative, if you signup via Rackspace you'll get 50,000 free emails instead of the usual 10,000 - http://www.mailgun.com/rackspace

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @jesin said:
    Mailgun is a good alternative, if you signup via Rackspace you'll get 50,000 free emails instead of the usual 10,000 - http://www.mailgun.com/rackspace

Any idea, how can i use multiple domains with cPanel .... as MailGun has different SMTP credentials for different domain names ... :(

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

If you're just looking for reliable SMTP, Rackspace hosted mail works very well. I don't use it now, but I used to work with some people that used it. Never had downtime/delivery issues and it's only $2/user.

• @MikeA said:
    If you're just looking for reliable SMTP, Rackspace hosted mail works very well. I don't use it now, but I used to work with some people that used it. Never had downtime/delivery issues and it's only $2/user.

I wouldn't use them after this