Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Bandwidth, low spec VPS for personal VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Bandwidth, low spec VPS for personal VPN

Just as the title suggests. I have a high bandwidth VPS with CatalystHost already but in Dallas. Looking for something a bit closer to home. Looking for a Chicago located server with a large bandwidth allotment but doesn't need the greatest of specs. Just installing OpenVPN for personal use with a max of 3 simultaneous connections.

Suggestions/offers?

Comments

• Chicago is one of the INIZ's OpenVZ.io locations.

Thanked by 1kt
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2016

How much bandwidth are you roughly looking for?

We have Chicago on our "Extreme Plans" @ https://openvz.io

• Well that's the problem. I'm looking for a trade off. I don't need that much disk space. 5-10 gigs max. ~64M of RAM. Just lots of BW. My plan with Catalyst is 333TB of traffic...realistic usage of course is way less. :)

I'd be comfortable with 10TB of traffic.

• @Zshen Go with @ioZoom https://www.iozoom.com/pricing.html

Their service quality is good and though they say their network uplink is 100Mbps but i got more than 100Mbps always ...

• @StevenGeorge OP is definitely looking for a hundred times cheaper option than $120/m IOZoom's one.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Zshen said: comfortable with 10TB

For personal VPN? I can't imagine :)

• @bersy said:

Zshen said: comfortable with 10TB

For personal VPN? I can't imagine :)

Depends on how the bandwidth is calculated. I have a 5TB allotment on my home line...so if it's counted in/out...thus the 10TB calculation.

• Check out nfoservers virtual servers. They have higher data transfer allowances than most.