Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB/Linux 101 - read first before posting...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB/Linux 101 - read first before posting...

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited March 2013 in General

For all the people who need help with Linux. And also, the wannabee providers that use LEB because they are unable to do a man cron, and the people too stupid to use google.

Using and Managing your VPS

Read the stuff over here: https://library.linode.com/
And also, over here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community

The Shell/Command Line

http://www.tldp.org/

Your own personal offline help assistant

man programname

Your online help guide, knows everything and even corrects your spelling errors:

https://google.com or https://duckduckgo.com

Note, this is semi-serious, semi-rant. Just don't like to see where LEB is heading to. There are reasons people are not on WHT.. I tend to agree with @joepie91 more and more...

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

@Raymii said: wannabee providers

Woop, 2 days reading this stuff and Ima getting me a VPS business running.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@Raymii said: use LEB because they are unable to do a man cron

Who might you be referring to?

• @W1V_Lee said: Woop, 2 days reading this stuff and Ima getting me a VPS business running.

But first what is SSH? How to create VPS in cPanel?

I kid, I kid.

• LeeLee Veteran

@MannDude said: But first what is SSH? How to create VPS in cPanel?

Huh? meh, I will find out about those once I have customers...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Raymii said: man programname

# man programname
    No manual entry for programname

Help. I'm lost.

• Agree @Raymii, agree with @joepie91 lots lately too.

We need threads like these and folks like you perhaps to start a business being help on demand/mentoring/etc. for the newbies who are out of their league, but not too proud to admit it.

• wdqwdq Member

@MannDude said: But first what is SSH? How to create VPS in cPanel?

Wait a second, I don't see Cpanel. All I have is this domain name thing that I saw on a GoDaddy commercial. I thought it would run my business for me.

• I saw Godaddy ads and bought. Now where in the control panel do I get the girl to do what I tell her?

Can you imagine the insanity that must come into the helpdesk at Godady on an hourly basis?

• I'll do the honors and tag @shovenose in so he can learn some linux :D

• oohhh Danica Patrick

..me gusta...

• Don't post your VPS provider here (or run one) if you're under 18, it seems like is a good policy here, seeing what's happened with many VPS hosts ran by under 18's.

• LeeLee Veteran

@dedicados said: oohhh Danica Patrick

..me gusta...

Just proves that Photoshop really can fix everything.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Raymii said: the wannabee providers that use LEB because they are unable to do a man cron, and the people too stupid to use google

haha brilliant.... wonder who that is referring too :)

• @Raymii said: For all the people who need help with Linux. And also, the wannabee providers that use LEB because they are unable to do a man cron, and the people too stupid to use google.

Even if they know how to man cron, they don't know what it means. The next thread will be what does the man page tell me... I don't understand it! Bah.

• May be you can offer LEHCP (Low End Host Certification Program) so the provider can post his score along with the offer to boost his sales ;-)

• @vanarp said: May be you can offer LEHCP (Low End Host Certification Program) so the provider can post his score along with the offer to boost his sales ;-)

Hell, lop off the LE and make it a Host Certification Program.

• @RobertClarke

@shovenose I believe. He posted something about how to use cron without a control panel I believe.

• @Rallias said: Hell, lop off the LE and make it a Host Certification Program.

Why not a Low End HCP ? ;-)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@vanarp said: May be you can offer LEHCP (Low End Host Certification Program)

Wow I love this idea.

• How about calling it LEHEP?

Low End Host Education Program?

You know... Because HEP has to be in there...

Totally not because it resembles my name or anything...

• @HalfEatenPie said: Low End Host Education Program?

Sure, it will help those that fail to score well in LEHCP. They go through LEHEP and reappear for LEHCP ;-)

• @vanarp said: Sure, it will help those that fail to score well in LEHCP. They go through LEHEP and reappear for LEHCP ;-)

I like this. I support this.

• @raindog308 said: Help. I'm lost.

lol, I was about to do the same ;)