Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS's required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS's required

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in Providers

Hello,

I require a few VPS's to run different tasks for a project that I took over in 2012. For the VPS's for the main infrastructure, I've gone with @chriscm (ServerMania) who offered me a great deal, and after seeing the glowing reviews of them recently I couldn't resist. They definitely seem to have improved since they were B2NET (not to say they weren't great).

Summary of the project is this: a free hosting website. Basically, the website started in 2006/7 and had hundreds of customers. The original owner was too busy so therefore wanted to sell it. I was the one that took it on. I'm keeping it different from any free hosting provider. Definition of "any free hosting provider": Overloaded, slow and abuser-prone. I'm not going to post the link here as I know what happens, the site gets DDoS'd. I am working on protection options, but that's not completed yet so I'll refrain from posting the link!

Now I've got the summary over and done with, I'll get onto what this actual topic is about. I require the following VPS's:

1) (definite) DNS1: US - 128MB - 256MB RAM, 5GB-10GB storage, 250GB-500GB bandwidth
2) (definite) DNS2: NL - 128MB - 256MB RAM, 5GB-10GB storage, 250GB-500GB bandwidth
3) (indefinite) DNS3: UK - 128MB - 256MB RAM, 5GB-10GB storage, 250GB-500GB bandwidth
4) (definite) Monitoring: US - 128MB - 256MB RAM, 5GB-10GB storage, 250GB-500GB bandwidth

Monthly payments please, and offers from hosts that accept direct card payment (it doesn't matter if it's via something like 2CO - just no direct PayPal)

There may be others required, and/or a few changes, but this will allow me to pick certain providers and contact them directly if I have any queries

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Dominic

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

US/UK we can do, $3.99 /pcm.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Jacob said: US/UK we can do, $3.99 /pcm.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for replying so quickly! Can you confirm what specs that would be, so I have the specs listed?

Cheers,
    Dominic

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Contact our sales department at [email protected] and we can custom build your VPS.

@shovenose said: Contact our sales department at [email protected] and we can custom build your VPS.

Hello,

Even though I've seen the thread regarding you, and have noticed you asking an awful lot of questions on here, I don't judge people/companies like that.

I will contact your Sales department shortly to see what you can offer.

Thanks.

• LeeLee Veteran

@shovenose said: Contact our sales department

He is pretty good at doing that with most hosts tbh.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Can help you out with a cheap VPS, if you'd like. Dallas.

@W1V_Lee said: He is pretty good at doing that with most hosts tbh.

Hi,

Not really sure what you mean by this. I understand I used to contact a lot of hosts and then not follow through.

However, trust me, I have changed. I'm now 16, and a lot of maturity has come with it. I'm not here to time-waste at all and will follow-up with all of these offers (if I require more info such as I would with @shovenose).

Thanks.

• Why do you think you need 250-500GB of bandwidth for a DNS server for a single website? What's your website, facebook?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

Hey,

Check out the link in my signature. You can choose monthly pricing as it will be annual by default. Any questions just ask. Once you signup just submit a support ticket and I will bump your bandwidth up a little.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

Dominic!

Can do NL/US for $3.50/mo each, pop up on IRC / PM if you want :)

Hey,

@rds100 said: Why do you think you need 250-500GB of bandwidth for a DNS server for a single website? What's your website, facebook?

That is true, however most of the offers I've seen come with 250-500GB bandwidth as standard (not too many are lower than that) so I thought I'd just put that as I'm not 100% sure how much bandwidth would actually be used.

@trewq said: Check out the link in my signature. You can choose monthly pricing as it will be annual by default. Any questions just ask.

@RobertClarke said: Can help you out with a cheap VPS, if you'd like. Dallas.

Thank you for your input. I will be in contact with all companies that have posted offers that I may be taking up.

Keep em' coming.

edited March 2013

@Patrick said: Doninic!

Can do NL/US for $3.50/mo

Dominic*

Thanks :) I trust you that you provide a good service as I've been with you in the UK previously. You're near the top

edit: I've edited the OP but I must also note I need offers from hosts that accept direct card payment (via something is fine - but no direct PayPal please as I have no PP account anymore)

• ATHKATHK Member

@dominicl you can still pay by paypal without an account, it'll just ask for card details (credit or debit cards)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

PM me your exact requirements and I can build you a quote.

I'll go through these in the morning. Feel free to keep the offers coming.

• JacobJacob Member

The 3.99 plan is our starter plan discounted.

• @Jack: You have a node in Scranton PA? Dude....

• @Jack said: yea ?

You and I have to talk.

• We've got 128MB and 256MB plans suitable in New York, Texas and Los Angeles.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited March 2013

VPS's = something belonging to the VPS
    VPSes = Multiple VPS

I couldn't help myself :(

Anyways;

We have both Phoenix and Dallas avaliable, and we can fit all of your requirements.

EDIT: Missed the no PayPal bit. We can take bitcoins if that's possible for you!

• jstapletonjstapleton Member
    edited March 2013

We have the following in our North Carolina node for 2.50 per month standard. i can customize one for you if you PM me.
    Budget VPS Hosting - 4g
    Ram: 128M / 256M
    Space: 10GB
    Bandwidth: 250GB
    Port: Gigabit
    IP: 1 x IPv4

[email protected]

Sorry for the delay everyone.

I do still require these, but not for the same project as I stated in the original post. These are still required though so if anybody has any further offers, feel free to offer away!

• edited March 2013

Monitoring: US - 256MB RAM, 10GB storage, 500GB bandwidth

$2 per month, Dallas. Can do KVM or VZ (your choice).

Only non-paypal method we offer is Bitcoin