Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack (nocix) blocked - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack (nocix) blocked

Comments

• So you are a Malayali :P

• @norival1992 fluent in hindi?

• @jarland said:

@HyperSpeed said:
    There is most definitely a language and understanding barrier here, someone please translate for his own sake!

Unfortunately the language barrier is the least of issues here. I tried to be friendly but some poor unsuspecting customer is going to learn a valuable lesson about researching their provider.

That's evident unfortunately someone would fall for it and undoubtably we'd get some threads about it, atleast action was taken RE: provider tag ;-) saving the community one post at a time!

• jarland said: Found this gem in their offer thread when someone asked why they didn't have SSL on billing: "We turned off https because it is not compatible with vps servers."

I'm trying to be nicer here but this is really really hard guys.

Have you had your tin foil hat ? I'm wearing it right now.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

sdglhm said: Have you had your tin foil hat ? I'm wearing it right now.

Nothing for it to protect, my head exploded.

• @norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Sells SSL certificate on their site.. can't even enable SSL and claims RateGain as a testimonial. Sadly this is funnier than whats considered funny on television

that is information from my customers which i collected. did you check our SSL , do not talk anything if you dont understand.

stop silly answers if you dont want to help. and please keep your self-respect.

He IS helping, even helping you, and the answer is ANYTHING but silly. Sadly you are too stupid to see it. I would call you brain damaged, but both my brain damaged cousins have a lot more sense than you. You deadpoolling deserves a hosting darwin award for the sake of the industry.
    You have some of the top hosting pros around in this thread giving you advice and you are either too stupid or arrogant to listen to any of it!

@Jarland is that close to what you were trying not to say?

Thanked by 3jar bacloud WebProject
  • @norival1992 said:

@jarland said:

@norival1992 said:

@jarland said:

@norival1992 said:
    Yes, i dont like hosting also managed service.
    I want to do everything by myself so my experience will be increased because i am not lazy man.

Well I wish you the best of luck. I would have recommended that you learn how the hosting industry and networking in general function before going live and making offers.

Because i dont think their filter is bad :) like i requested from another hosting.

Then you have no idea at all about who you are hosting with and what their capabilities are. They literally do not have a device that can bring 16Gbps in from the upstreams, filter it, and keep everyone online. I'm 100% confident in this.

Nocix returned to me only 5 IPs

btw, might want to add a bit more paint to that image, I can still easily tell your IP address just by looking.

• @mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Sells SSL certificate on their site.. can't even enable SSL and claims RateGain as a testimonial. Sadly this is funnier than whats considered funny on television

that is information from my customers which i collected. did you check our SSL , do not talk anything if you dont understand.

He IS helping, even helping you, and the answer is ANYTHING but silly. Sadly you are too stupid to see it. I would call you brain damaged, but both my brain damaged cousins have a lot more sense than you. You deadpoolling deserves a hosting darwin award for the sake of the industry.
    You have some of the top hosting pros around in this thread giving you advice and you are either too stupid or arrogant to listen to any of it!

I was not talking about my hosting service, because it was closed a long time ago.

The server is hosted on nocix is not a hosting service. UNDERSTAND?

Digging old story is SHOULDNOT because, they are 2 different story.

@ALinux: I dont care, because i will move to online after they re-route my network again.

edited September 2016

norival1992 said: I was not talking about my hosting service, because it was closed a long time ago.

At what point does your billing system stop me from signing up for the hosting service you closed a long time ago?

http://drop.jarland.me/17zYQ

You know, that hosting service linked in your signature...

norival1992 said: Digging old story is SHOULDNOT because, they are 2 different story

One provides context for another.

norival1992 said: i will move to online after they re-route my network again

Where you will face the same thing again because you can't afford their professional protection, which honestly might not even help against the volume you're facing anyway, and you don't know how to investigate a provider properly to know which service is best for you. Ask us for advice on that, we can give it. We're not jerks.

Thanked by 2mycosys vimalware
  • @norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:

I was not talking about my hosting service, because it was closed a long time ago.

@ALinux: I dont care, because i will move to online after they re-route my network again.

Its really sad you dont even know what the word hosting means ffs.

• @norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:

My 2c, but considering you just posted the picture of a public IP of a server you are trying to stop a DDOS attack on a public forum, I have a feeling it is going to be a while until they un-null that.

• @jarland said:

norival1992 said: I was not talking about my hosting service, because it was closed a long time ago.

At what point does your billing system stop me from signing up for the hosting service you closed a long time ago?

norival1992 said: Digging old story is SHOULDNOT because, they are 2 different story

Where you will face the same thing again because you can't afford their professional protection, which honestly might not even help against the volume you're facing anyway, and you don't know how to investigate a provider properly to know which service is best for you.

As you stated, ddos protection hosting, it is bad. For long time ago, my friend got attacks. And his service was suspended after due to bandwidth was out. The bad issue from hosting is not much bandwidth, if attacker wants to attack you by bandwidth method.

• @ALinuxNinja said:

@norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:

My 2c, but considering you just posted the picture of a public IP of a server you are trying to stop a DDOS attack on a public forum, I have a feeling it is going to be a while until they un-null that.

There is no problem when i reject all IP except me.

norival1992 said: As you stated, ddos protection hosting, it is bad. For long time ago, my friend got attacks. And his service was suspended after due to bandwidth was out. The bad issue from hosting is not much bandwidth, if attacker wants to attack you by bandwidth method.

Yeah, so make sure you choose a new host wisely. If you're considering online.net, are you sure it's better connectivity than OVH France? Because OVH has far superior protection.

norival1992 said: There is no problem when i reject all IP except me.

DDOS doesn't work that way.

• edited September 2016

@norival1992 said:

@ALinuxNinja said:

@norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:

I tried.

Well, I'm giving up now....

Thanked by 2jar WebProject
  • @jarland, do you hear MedusaIRC bot? I heared it, and it can bypass OVH firewall or DDOS protection.

@ALinux: Yes, i know but if you have many many attacks with thousand zombies. After that, we will think about increase server amount likes i did before. By this way, my client was safe, and cpu load was decreased very well.

• @norival1992 said:

@ALinuxNinja said:

@norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:

FFS - I will spell it out for you. You are trying to recieve 16Gbps on a 1Gbps port. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO ON THE SERVER IT CANNOT REJECT THAT DATA, because it is 20 servers worth of ethernet. If they have a 10Gbit port coming into your rack, it will knock out the entire rack, and anything else upstream with under 20gbit of bandwidth! All of the data cannot even reach your server - to deal with this at a server level you would need to be using a server with a 100Gbit port! Even then at 2GB per second they bandwidth costs would be mind boggling. The only thing you can do with one server to moderate this is to move to a provider that has an upstream HARDWARE FIREWALL with a 100gbit incoming port that can actually drop the packets BEFORE they reach your server, and before they reach their network! You could use a load balanced anycast IP cloud cluster to deal with it if you really wanted to DIY, but that is very clearly beyond both your ability and means.

norival1992 said: do you hear MedusaIRC bot? I heared it, and it can bypass OVH firewall or DDOS protection

There are some things that can get past it, as there are things that can get past any protection. I would still submit that OVH has one of the best available. BuyVM also has great protection with Voxility in front, you might give that a try and see if the connectivity is good from your location. I would think it would be at least better than Datashack's.

• @norival1992 said:

@jarland said:

Where you will face the same thing again because you can't afford their professional protection, which honestly might not even help against the volume you're facing anyway, and you don't know how to investigate a provider properly to know which service is best for you.

As you stated, ddos protection hosting, it is bad. For long time ago, my friend got attacks. And his service was suspended after due to bandwidth was out. The bad issue from hosting is not much bandwidth, if attacker wants to attack you by bandwidth method.

FFS - hosting does not mean shared web hosting. Colocation is hosting. Dedicated servers are hosting. VPSes are hosting. When you are putting someone elses data or hardware on the net you are hosting it. When you enable any service on the internet you are hosting that service.

• @mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@ALinuxNinja said:

@norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:

FFS - I will spell it out for you. You are trying to recieve 16Gbps on a 1Gbps port. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO ON THE SERVER IT CANNOT REJECT THAT DATA, because it is 20 servers worth of ethernet. If they have a 10Gbit port coming into your rack, it will knock out the entire rack, and anything else upstream with under 20gbit of bandwidth! All of the data cannot even reach your server - to deal with this at a server level you would need to be using a server with a 100Gbit port! Even then at 2GB per second they bandwidth costs would be mind boggling. The only thing you can do with one server to moderate this is to move to a provider that has an upstream HARDWARE FIREWALL with a 100gbit incoming port that can actually drop the packets BEFORE they reach your server, and before they reach their network! You could use a load balanced anycast IP cloud cluster to deal with it if you really wanted to DIY, but that is very clearly beyond both your ability and means.

Yes, i know, because those IPs are from Asian. And asia network doesnt have 1Gbps uplink because it is expensive (which thing i got from result). I talked to Roy (320TB from CN), he said normally servers will have 1Gbps port, but with 10Mbps uplink only. And attacker IPs are from Korean and China. I dont think how can they do with 16Gbps.

@jarland said:

norival1992 said: do you hear MedusaIRC bot? I heared it, and it can bypass OVH firewall or DDOS protection

There are some things that can get past it, as there are things that can get past any protection. I would still submit that OVH has one of the best available. BuyVM also has great protection with Voxility in front, you might give that a try and see if the connectivity is good from your location. I would think it would be at least better than Datashack's.

I think OVH is great, but i have a good relation ship with nforce, did you try nforce ?
    My website is hosting DMCA content, so i cant host on OVH. 1 abuse is sent to OVH, my server will be suspended and after 1, 2 or 3 days, they reply me and re-open network are not good too. Nforce and online are friendly more than, so that is why i want to host on them.
    P/s: That is my experience when i used OVH 4 years ago with bad HDDs at that time.

• norival1992norival1992 Member
    edited September 2016

Damn it, Nocix request i have to reload OS or wait for abuse review. F***.
    They told me host botnet on their service while i didnt do.

• @norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@ALinuxNinja said:

@norival1992 said:

@mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

@doughmanes said:

Yes, i know, because those IPs are from Asian. And asia network doesnt have 1Gbps uplink because it is expensive (which thing i got from result). I talked to Roy (320TB from CN), he said normally servers will have 1Gbps port, but with 10Mbps uplink only. And attacker IPs are from Korean and China. I dont think how can they do with 16Gbps.

WTF are you smoking dude, and where can i get som? Clearly you did nbot understand ANY of that. The attck is COMING FROM hundreds or thousands of machines ffs, THEIR bandwidth does not matter one bit, it is utterly irrelevant. What matters is YOU need to have 20Gbits of incoming network somehwere to handle that data - it cannot simpy disappear becuase you drop the packets - the packets have to reach somewhere to be dropped.

I repeat - YOU NEED 20Gbps INCOMING BANDWIDTH TO DEAL WITH THIS!

• @HyperSpeed said:
    Am I even legitimately reading this correctly or have I inadvertently became drunk because this thread makes 0 sense.

You're not drunk, you're just hallucinating. Hallucinatingggggggggg :P

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • edited September 2016

Maybe this will make it a bit more clear: (Sorry for shitty quality, I don't seem to have packet tracer on this computer, and I'm about to go to 7-11 for some taquitos)

The only thing you control in that diagram is the server in the rack, the one at the very right.

Data Center Switch -> Rack Switch has a bandwidth of 1Gbps that is shared between all users of the rack using the shared rack switch, which is the norm for budget dedicated servers unless specified. Some might have a 2x1Gbps uplink/etc, but I have a feeling that NOCIX only has a 1Gbps uplink. Correct me if I am wrong. It won't make a difference anyways, read onwards.

As you can probably see, the cable between the datacenter switch and the rack switch is in no way or form going to carry that 16Gbps of traffic to your server, which is the only thing you control in the diagram. The cable can only carry 1Gbps.

Outside of your server being down, the DDOS is likely making all the other servers on the shared switch shit themselves.

• I know 1Gbps is sharing, to use full duplex 1Gbps i have to pay for $700 at hosting colocation. If i use all 1Gbps all time, also sharing servers are getting attacks too becaseu traffic is sharing...

• @norival1992 said:

Have you considered that your machine may have been compromised by a script kiddie, or maybe even a real hacker lol

• edited September 2016

@norival1992 said:
    I know 1Gbps is sharing, to use full duplex 1Gbps i have to pay for $700 at hosting colocation. If i use all 1Gbps all time, also sharing servers are getting attacks too becaseu traffic is sharing...

That's not the issue.

The issue is:

You are rejecting the IPs at the server, while the 16Gbps I just diagramed to you is attempting to fire down a cable with only 1Gbps bandwidth. The traffic will not even make it to your server. How hard is it to understand that?

• @mycosys said:

@norival1992 said:

Have you considered that your machine may have been compromised by a script kiddie, or maybe even a real hacker lol

I learn how it works, i am not a hacker.

• @ALinuxNinja said:

@norival1992 said:
    I know 1Gbps is sharing, to use full duplex 1Gbps i have to pay for $700 at hosting colocation. If i use all 1Gbps all time, also sharing servers are getting attacks too becaseu traffic is sharing...

That's not the issue.

The issue is:

You are rejecting the IPs at the server, while the 16Gbps I just diagramed to you is attempting to fire down a cable with only 1Gbps bandwidth. The traffic will not even make it to your server. How hard is it to understand that?

I have sent an email to nforce and ask them about this problem.
    Like before they said to me they always keep 20Gbps for their backup on DDOS attacks.
    And they are friendly with me.