Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi server protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi server protection

figurefigure Member
edited September 2016 in General

I have a ks2 in France with Kimsufi and I access a folder via ftp in kodi to play back video files. All rather simple, I select the folder in the video files section of kodi and it displays the folders contents. This display is almost instantly. Or rather it was. Since yesterday, when I click on the folder link, it takes almost a minute to display the folder contents, locking up kodi and a couple of times it has crashed kodi. Nothing has changed on the server and as far as I can tell, no changes have happened within kodi. I can see using Netlimiter that there are lots of attempts to connect to ports in the 5xxxx range that aren't getting through but I 've checked the server and I can't find anything that's changed there. Which makes me wonder if kimsufi have introduced some kind of protection that would slow down my connection. I can play the files fine once the folder contents are displayed.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comments

• how about test download using http from your home to server?

• figurefigure Member
    edited September 2016

@tommy said:
    how about test download using http from your home to server?

I can ftp in browser and list is displayed in a second.

The problem is only displaying the list of contents from within kodi. Logically the problem would appear to be within kodi but I can't see how that could have happened. If there's been nothing done at the kimsufi side in between the outside world and the server then it must be kodi at fault but it's a real headscratcher.

• I never use FTP since long time ago, so I've no clue there. Have you tried using samba share? I use samba share my self and never had problem with my box in kimsufi or online

• Found the problem. A file name had a single apostrophe in it and, upon removal, the contents refresh as quick as. Only ftp in kodi affected which had me stumped.

I like ftp because if you pause it will continue to buffer which doesn't happen in samba. Comes in handy for 1080 playback.