Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to WHMCS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to WHMCS

2»

Comments

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Magiobiwan said: What shall we call our LowEndPanel? LowEndBilling?

Well, LET/LEB has new business to do now.

• What ever happened to Client Exec and Account Labs I think it was?

I used Client Exec a long time and it was okay. Did the job it was designed to do all right. I have never used Account Labs though.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@AuroraZ said: I used Client Exec a long time and it was okay.

I try Client Exec, still so many bugs. I have to install a pre-release Paypal gateway to get it work properly.

• @RobertClarke said: There's Hostbill, but in no way shape or form is it affordable, I haven't personally tried any of the others.

A few hundred dollars not affordable for something at the core of your business?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I am actually looking for a free client management app this very moment.

This is for free hosting so keeping monthly costs as low as possible is important. For paid hosting, yes, I use WHMCS.

Looking at TheHostingTool and BoxBilling.

• wdqwdq Member
    edited March 2013

I have been using BoxBilling (the paid version) over the past few months.

I am still testing it and finding out if it's right for me. Since it's for a small local shared hosing company I have been just emailing them invoices.

So far I really like the interface on both the client side, and on the admin side. However it isn't even close to as full featured as WHMCS is which is a big downside in my opinion.

I looked into Billr for a little bit earlier this month and it looks like a good starter product, but as already stated Billr is more for billing and less for hosting so it didn't suit my needs.

Both WHMCS and HostBill should get the job done for most people. WHMCS of course is the bigger one of the two so if you have money ($250 isn't a whole lot for the owned license) it might not be a bad idea to make an investment.

You can do a quick Google search and see that there are many other threads on pretty much every web hosting involving alternatives to WHMCS.

• alexalex Member

used www.blesta.com in the past. the only problem is the development of the new version is delayed by few years (no kidding), but for beginners blesta might be ok. bought second hand license on wht for $30 (lifetime)

• OllieOllie Member

@Spencer Nice idea, get banned from LEB and LET for WHMCS nulled lol derp

• imagineimagine Member
    edited March 2013

@alex I'm a dev on the new blesta, and it's shaping up really well with fairly active development.

• alexalex Member

@imagine said: @alex I'm a dev on the new blesta, and it's shaping up really well with fairly active development.

3 years between versions is hardly "active"

• Huh...I didn't know there was a HostBill free version!

@Patrick said: iPanel?

iPanel is dead! It was buggy to start with and I don't think there has been any development for the last 2-3 years.
    Anyone remembers WHM.Autopilot?? It seems they have opened up shop again :D

• iberxiberx Member

+1 for hostbill (weekly updates) is the best alternative to whmcs.