Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM v1.14 Public Beta Soon?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM v1.14 Public Beta Soon?

Comments

• Im guessing the whmcs brownstorm took up some of their time

• soon(tm)

• marcmmarcm Member

@SimpleNode - How is the SolusVM module in HostBill? Are you also using Proxmox by any chance? Just asking, since I've started looking at HostBill again :-)

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

@marcm said: How is the SolusVM module in HostBill?

If you want a demo toss me a pm

• @marcm It works fine, however the naming of some of the more obscure settings is a bit weird... I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

• @marcm said: How is the SolusVM module in HostBill? Are you also using Proxmox by any chance? Just asking, since I've started looking at HostBill again

We're using Hostbill with SolusVM with no issues at the moment

• Not this week. Solusvm Release date + a few months should be possible.

I started to write my own php class and whmcs module for proxmox..API class is finished so i should start with the module.

I don´t want months, years,..to get a working backup solution and helpful functions. I don´t need different templates changes in the admin area. I think this changes are useless.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@fileMEDIA said: I started to write my own php class and whmcs module for proxmox..API class is finished so i should start with the module.

Proxmox has a neat PHP class, https://github.com/CpuID/pve2-api-php-client

Could try that, I did a few months ago and worked well :)

• @SpeedBus Yeah, i using it too. I had written a additional class to do something like $proxmox->createVM();..for the whmcs module.

• There's already a Proxmox WHMCS module, why are you wasting your time :P

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@fileMEDIA said: @SpeedBus Yeah, i using it too. I had written a additional class to do something like $proxmox->createVM();..for the whmcs module.

ahh, okay :)

• I missing some functions like different networks, different hdds, backup management, iso upload with limits,..I would include all functions from proxmox into whmcs.

• Pretty sure you can already get the beta... before the official release :) i.e. get the current beta R1

• EvixoEvixo Member

Yup, they just released it. Checked 30 min ago and wasn't a beta available in the SolusVM interface, now there is :-)

• just run /scripts/upcp-beta

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Is it a bad idea to update our production SolusVM to beta?

• EvixoEvixo Member

@shovenose said: Is it a bad idea to update our production SolusVM to beta?

Yes. Never update a production server to beta software (unless the beta fixes some critical bugs you need to have fixed).

Just wait it out till a release (and possible even wait 1-2 more week(s) after release so if they overlooked any bugs they will be ironed out).

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

OK.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited March 2013

That´s not really a update: Live migrations disabled, no backup system,..But yeah, a new admin gui style..

Please be aware this beta does not contain all the features expected in v1.14. New > features will be incrementally released in each beta.

Note:
    Live migrations have been disabled until we can 100% guarantee that two pending bugs > have been fixed (offline migration is fully functional).
    A new central backup system will be available in the 1.14 beta series, however it's > expected to be around the R5 mark.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

:cry:

If they're planning R5 already, please call me next year when it's ready D:

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

released and available today.