Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Similar to CentminMod, VPSSIM, EasyEngine but with Apache
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Similar to CentminMod, VPSSIM, EasyEngine but with Apache

nqservicesnqservices Member
edited August 2016 in General

Hi all,

CentminMOD, VPSSIM and EasyEngine all seem to be great tools. But they all use nginx, and i need to find a similar solution that uses Apache instead of nginx.

The ideal scenario would be: Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 10 + PHP 7 and on top of the cake letsencrypt ssl certificates.

So does anyone knows a similar script, that uses Apache?

Thanks

Comments

• webmin, virtualmin?

• @stasi

Thanks for the suggestions. I have try webmin in the past, but now i was looking for something without a GUI control panel, that could easily be managed using SSH command line.

Anyone else has any suggestions?

• radhe83radhe83 Member
    edited September 2016

What is the reason for choosing Apache over Nginx?

We have used CakePHP with letsencrypt with Nginx (EasyEngine). It just works fine.

• tuxlite is good

• You know You can just spend like literally 15 minutes and get your basic setup done on a lamp stack without the need of anything fancy?

• @nqservices said:
    Hi all,

CentminMOD, VPSSIM and EasyEngine all seem to be great tools. But they all use nginx, and i need to find a similar solution that uses Apache instead of nginx.

The ideal scenario would be: Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 10 + PHP 7 and on top of the cake letsencrypt ssl certificates.

So does anyone knows a similar script, that uses Apache?

Thanks

Centmin Mod LEMP stack integration for Apache 2.4 is way off into the future but it's on the to do list https://community.centminmod.com/threads/custom-apache-2-4-rpms-for-centmin-mod-lemp-stack.4471/ :)

If you're familiar with manually installing and configuring Apache 2.4, you could do it on Centmin Mod LEMP stack and just setup Apache 2.4 listening port appropriately i.e. port 80 if you want it for public facing site and change Nginx to another port or to a different port if you want Nginx as front end reverse proxy to Apache on backend listening port and setup existing Centmin Mod php-fpm install for Apache usage.

• @radhe83 said:
    What is the reason for choosing Apache over Nginx?

The reason is, i need to host a application that only supports Apache. The application can also be installed in nginx but it will require manual configuration and besides that, the application developer will only give support for Apache servers.

@sonic said:
    tuxlite is good

I will look into it. But when checking the page it says the latest release (3.0) was at Sat 11 May 2013. So is this still a supported script or its abandoned / dead state?

@seriesn said:
    You know You can just spend like literally 15 minutes and get your basic setup done on a lamp stack without the need of anything fancy?

Yes i know.. but because of the summer i got lazy.. ;) looking for something that can be done in less than 15 minutes ;)

@eva2000 said:
    If you're familiar with manually installing and configuring Apache 2.4, you could do it on Centmin Mod LEMP stack and just setup Apache 2.4 listening port appropriately i.e. port 80 if you want it for public facing site and change Nginx to another port or to a different port if you want Nginx as front end reverse proxy to Apache on backend listening port and setup existing Centmin Mod php-fpm install for Apache usage.

Thanks for the suggestion.. maybe in the future when you have the Apache module ready. For now i don't want to get in "custom made" configurations.

• I use the virtual server's properties: 2 GB RAM, 2 CPU Cores, 40 GB disk space, unlimited traffic. (Vstoike)

I'm using the default setting easyengine. 50,000 visitors daily well-suited for.