Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do with old software (games, other stuff)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you do with old software (games, other stuff)?

RalliasRallias Member
edited March 2013 in General

I'm an avid gamer. I play games. I've always had a lot of games to play. I've got 149 games on steam. I've got 3 cases of 48 disks full with games. I'll pose this question to you then. What do you do with your old games?

Right now I'm working on dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/home/backups/item.iso . There's so many games I KNOW are obsolete, that I KNOW are immature. But they were so fun when I did have them. I want to keep them. What's your thought on the issue?

Comments

• Just keep the disks?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Release them for others to enjoy?

• I still remember Ratchet and Clank 3 from a few years back. It was such an awesome game, but the other versions and playing it over never felt anywhere near the same :-(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I remember ant attack, jumping jack, chuckie egg, videopool, knight lore, E.L.I.T.E., I still have some cassettes, but nothing to put them on. Today every few months i put up an emulator and play some...
    So much difference...

• Shoeboxes and mixed in randomly with unlabeled data CDs on spools.

• markmark Member

@Maounique I played Chuckie Egg on the Amstrad CPC464. Many frustrating hours wasted on that. Have got a pair of original joysticks with a USB converter now and play on an emulator. Original tape is still knocking around somewhere.

@Rallias I can't bear to part with old games either. They mostly just take up space in the attic. I think your idea of creating images of them is a great idea.