Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

small VPS in france, or close to france
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

small VPS in france, or close to france

I'm looking for a small VPS as close as possible to the Ikoula DC. Something on ovh would be ok I guess but for some diversity anything would do as long as there's not too much latency between the servers.

Minimal specs:

OpenVz /kvm.

256Mb ram.

5GB SSD/HDD.

CPU: as fast as possible.

Transfer: 500GB.

1ipv4 / 1ipv6.

Ddos protection is a pro.

I'll be using it to connect to a Database server I have running at Ikoula hence the request for something nearby. No set budget. Yearly or monthly payment as long as it's budget friendly as It's all still in testing fase. I will need more ram, storage and bandwidth once everything is tested and goes into production.

Comments

• Ramnode in NL: http://lg.nl.ramnode.com

Really good I/O for database, etc

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • Thanks. Forgot all about ramnode. They've always been great. So far I'm looking into ramnode, buyvm and bandwagonhost. Any other suggestions of stable companies?

• BuyVM has an absolutely adorable panel called "Stallion" by @Francisco which isn't OpenStack but still cute nonetheless

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jiggawattz said:
    BuyVM has an absolutely adorable panel called "Stallion" by @Francisco which isn't OpenStack but still cute nonetheless

Ty Mr. Troll.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jiggawatt
  • bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

ExtraVM, SeFlow

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • sinsin Member

I use Seflow and Scaleway and they both have been great

• @Francisco said:

@jiggawattz said:
    BuyVM has an absolutely adorable panel called "Stallion" by @Francisco which isn't OpenStack but still cute nonetheless

Ty Mr. Troll.

I really mean it - most affectionately :)

P.S. In all seriousness, BuyVM's Stallion is a nice panel.

• Yeah they're good. Already have some services with them but my online/scaleway list is getting quite big so I rather have this running on another network :)

• @bersy said:
    ExtraVM, SeFlow

Not a fan of SeFlow. Never had issues though the owner makes me not want to be a customer there. ExtraVM seems ok. Thanks.

• @Francisco said:

@jiggawattz said:

Ty Mr. Troll.

Francisco

Would be nice to try their panel. @Francisco Any plans for offering kvm in Luxembourg? For the short term OpenVz will do but once done testing I'd rather go with KVM and your slices look delicious :)

• We'll be launching Netherlands KVM soon with some DDoS protection (ACL).

• @Ishaq said:
    We'll be launching Netherlands KVM soon with some DDoS protection (ACL).

Good to know. Netherlands would work.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited August 2016

ArubaCloud may be ? I have 4 VPS at France DC with excellent performance!

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

Our KVM256 in Amsterdam might be a good option, 10gbps protection included as well:
    https://iniz.com/kvm-vps

Using code "LAUNCH25" makes the plan only $2.69/mo (ex. VAT)

• @mehargags said:

Cheers. Damn cheap as well! How's the uptime on these servers?

• @kt said:
    Our KVM256 in Amsterdam might be a good option, 10gbps protection included as well:
    https://iniz.com/kvm-vps

Using code "LAUNCH25" makes the plan only $2.69/mo (ex. VAT)

Looking good though I'm not a fan of INIZ as the old owners changed the specifications on one of my services halfway in the contract without giving any notice or explanation. Not your doing and your services were solid at the time but you know... It was annoying.

Thanked by 1kt
  • @Saragoldfarb said:

@mehargags said:

100% for me at FR-DC atleast!

• @mehargags said:

100% for me at FR-DC atleast!

Thanks. I requested a trial to check things out. Also, @ikoula contacted me to let me know they have a second DC in France available on their cloud services so that may be the perfect solution for my project.

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • Thanks all. Decided to go with Ikoula and bandwagonhost for redundancy. Working like a charm!

@Saragoldfarb said:

@Francisco said:

@jiggawattz said:

Ty Mr. Troll.

Francisco

Would be nice to try their panel. @Francisco Any plans for offering kvm in Luxembourg? For the short term OpenVz will do but once done testing I'd rather go with KVM and your slices look delicious :)

Slices will be in LU for early November :) we have KVMs there now but they're the old pricing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @Francisco said:

Slices will be in LU for early November :) we have KVMs there now but they're the old pricing.

Francisco

Cheers! Wil keep an eye out. I'm all set at the moment but LU would be a great location for something else I'm working on.

@Saragoldfarb said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Cheers! Wil keep an eye out. I'm all set at the moment but LU would be a great location for something else I'm working on.

Glad to hear it :)

It'll be posted on one of the communities I frequent. For sure on WHT, or maybe here/LEB depending on what the content writers want.

Francisco

• Would be nice to try their panel. @Francisco Any plans for offering kvm in Luxembourg? For the short term OpenVz will do but once done testing I'd rather go with KVM and your slices look delicious :)

@Francisco said:

What about NJ?

@jiggawattz said:

@Francisco said:

What about NJ?

We aren't continuing with choopa but will be setting up something in the DC or Virginia area. In November I'll be on the east coast getting a new rack online over there of slices.

Once that's in place youre welcome to move over to that :3

Francisco