Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with owncloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with owncloud

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited August 2016 in General

Heya,
As it wouldn't let me post this in plain text I posted an image of it:

Comments

• you most probably need to get owncloud refresh its own internal dir listing. haven't work with it for a while, but if I remember correctly, deleting a file from a directory via the webinterface forced oc to refresh the whole listing. no guarantee though...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • oh no another question

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2016

@Falzo said:
    you most probably need to get owncloud refresh its own internal dir listing. haven't work with it for a while, but if I remember correctly, deleting a file from a directory via the webinterface forced oc to refresh the whole listing. no guarantee though...

Will try that :) Thanks mate!

Edit: Did not work unfortunately :( In Dashboard I am getting "You have no permission to download or upload to this folder".
    Tried setting chmod -R 777 did not work either. So I kinda dont have ownclouds permissions even though Im admin and the files are in my folder.

• My guess would be you just need ownCloud to rescan files. Sudo to the user the webserver is run under (e.g., www-data), cd to ownCloud's directory, then

./occ files:scan username

Might want to double check owner / permissions on the data directory (in the filesystem, not in ownCloud), just in case.

• @seanho said:
    My guess would be you just need ownCloud to rescan files. Sudo to the user the webserver is run under (e.g., www-data), cd to ownCloud's directory, then

./occ files:scan username

Might want to double check owner / permissions on the data directory (in the filesystem, not in ownCloud), just in case.

Alrdy tried that and i have permissions now but dl stilk fails

• Move to seafile :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Reinstall owncloud, run the script here and change the data dir to a different one above web root if possible. Make sure to backup DB!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @akhfa said:
    Move to seafile :)

Would but only 512mb ram :/

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I had the SAME issue a while ago... 3 days later, I noticed that an upgrade changed the userdata directory :P

Check it.

also, chown -R www-data:www-data /path/of/owncloud/

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Maybe check to be sure your datadirectory in config.php is what it should be?

Agree that ownCloud's data dir ought to be moved outside your webroot, it's part of ownCloud's own security best practices.

Thanked by 2netomx Ympker
  • @seanho said:
    Maybe check to be sure your datadirectory in config.php is what it should be?

Agree that ownCloud's data dir ought to be moved outside your webroot, it's part of ownCloud's own security best practices.

I used the Time4VPS template for owncloud which installed it to webroot. Might need to change that then.

@netomx said:
    I had the SAME issue a while ago... 3 days later, I noticed that an upgrade changed the userdata directory :P

Check it.

also, chown -R www-data:www-data /path/of/owncloud/

In my case probably "apache" instead of "www-data" as I use CentOS right?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yep sorry I was thinking of Debian. I haven't used time4vps's template.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Ympker said: In my case probably "apache" instead of "www-data" as I use CentOS right?

If apache runs in user "apache", yes

Thanked by 1Ympker