Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need dedicated server with 2Gbps + 200TB/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need dedicated server with 2Gbps + 200TB/month

utuxiautuxia Member
edited August 2016 in Requests

Need dedicated server with dedicated 2Gbps port + 200TB/month.

Enterprise grade drives are a must!

Budget is $100-200/month

I would need offers for both USA and Europe/Netherlands

Comments

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited August 2016

Only place I think your get 2Gbps + 200TB anywhere near that price is OVH.

Even then your gonna have to split across two servers, as the 10Gbps NIC servers are out of your price range.

But if you really need single server with 2Gbps then :

Host-32-H $109
    2Gbps Guaranteed Bandwidth $203.00 (Currently on offer normally ($406)

• StackNetworkStackNetwork Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

Sorry, my mistake ... your budget is so low comparing to your requirements ...

Thanked by 1JohnShell
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Could do this traffic and uplink wise for around 480€ per month, if this is still okay for you.

• @Kabeldamagement said:
    Could do this traffic and uplink wise for around 480€ per month, if this is still okay for you.

Only 2.5x his budget.

• utuxiautuxia Member
    edited August 2016

I just bought an OVH server. Piece of shit, they don't tell you this but OVH-to-OVH is 10Gbps, Internet-to-OVH is 10Gbps, but OVH-to-Internet is only 250Mbps. Fucking lying sacks of shit on their checkout page.

Here's the webpanel page after I bought an OVH 10Gbps server:

Bandwidth Type Included Network connection 10 Gbps Bandwidth OVH to OVH 10 Gbps Bandwidth OVH/Internet 250 Mbps Bandwidth Internet/OVH 10 Gbps

I'm cancelling immediately and going with worldstream. its double the price but at least they tell you gauranteed 2Gbps bandwidht for $300

• @utuxia said:
    I just bought an OVH server. Piece of shit, they don't tell you this but OVH-to-OVH is 10Gbps, Internet-to-OVH is 10Gbps, but OVH-to-Internet is only 250Mbps. Fucking lying sacks of shit on their checkout page.

Bandwidth Type Included Network connection 10 Gbps Bandwidth OVH to OVH 10 Gbps Bandwidth OVH/Internet 250 Mbps Bandwidth Internet/OVH 10 Gbps

I'm cancelling immediately and going with worldstream. its double the price but at least they tell you gauranteed 2Gbps bandwidht for $300

You need to buy a bandwidth upgrade to increase OVH to Internet speed, it's not that expensive for 1-2Gbps

• @utuxia said:

Have you done some network testings before all these conclusions? I say this because I had a Host-32 with the 10Gbps card some times ago, and I could upload at a rate of ~2.5Gbps to a capable server...

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

we could set this up for you but its way above your price range.

• Yeah, its Guaranteed not a hard limit, if the bandwidth is there within reason you can burst.

It's all down to if you wish to Guarantee the higher Bandwidth OVH/Internet, however it's quite clearly listed on the pages for each server Type, Host being 250Mbps and some others being 500Mbps.

Not even OVH will Guarantee you 10Gbps both ways for less than $200

• 10gbps.io 100TB dedicated 5gbps = $350

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

You could just use two LeaseWeb machines with 100TB transfer each. You technically get 2Gbit and 200TB and it fits into your budget, especially if you take some crap CPU :D

https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-servers/single-processor?processorCount=1

• Just get a cluster of 20 OVH VPS and you have 2gbps and unlimited traffic.