Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really tiny vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Really tiny vps

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited December 2011 in General

Hello folks,

I'm having a crazy crazy stupid idea, but fun :-P

I'd like to get a small Xen VPS and setup LNMP stack in it, and a life wordpress website, just for fun. It'd be about something I don't yet have plans. (but I do have a few ideas)

So this Xen VPS would have these specs:
32mb ram <- haha, only!
50gb bandwidth <- would be enough
1 IP <- and if you can get IPv6, even better

Do you think it's possible to get such small vps, xen (its a bigger challenge) from any decent provider?

Regards,
Miguel

Comments

• jhjh Member
    edited December 2011

The trouble is the cost of the IP and support means the provider might as well give you 128MB RAM.

• As much problem as people have with getting package managers to run right on our 96mb VPS's, I think you'd have an extremely difficult time installing software, unless you compiled your software on a different system and then transferred it over.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jtodd,

I don't need support, :-P

@Damian4IPXcore,

I believe so, but I'd still love to try, :-P

• jhjh Member

@MrGeneral said: I don't need support, :-P

You're not going to submit a ticket, ever?

Unmanaged VPS's, I'd need support for network issues, for example.

• jhjh Member

@MrGeneral said: Unmanaged VPS's, I'd need support for network issues, for example.

Not saying you shouldn't do that but my point is the time spent replying to your ticket costs money, which won't be supported by a plan that small.

@jtodd,

Right, but there are lots providers offering more than I need for cheap. Look at xenvz, their 0.99 offers for example..

I need an unmanaged VPS. if there's a network issue, its completely fair to open a ticket.

• 32mb ram <- haha, only!

Too mainstream. Next!

@breton,

If you don't want to help, please don't come here. It's easy.

• Why not get a larger xen and use openvz with 32 mb ram inside ? Would that be an option?

@exussum,

It'd also get more expensive, and this would be a really tiny cheap vps just for fun ^^

• @MrGeneral said: I need an unmanaged VPS. if there's a network issue, its completely fair to open a ticket.

Which is why no reputable provider will sell you this, 1 ticket, no matter who is at fault, puts your account into a loss, so why take it. Unless you are prepared to pay higher rates for less resources.

• http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/xensmart-22-00year-256mb-xen-vps-in-uk/

£22 a year is not much at all.

Or if its a short term test - £2.50 a month

@miTgiB,

Thanks for your reply. It seems that all the providers selling 128 mb VPS'es for 2 eur month are putting everyone at loss.

No more replies needed folks. Every time I come here, I get attacked by some people who don't even care to think right. (No where I mentioned that I wanted it for free), but stills, people like to talk. And yes, 1 ticket puts the account at loss, jesus. :-P

Have a nice night folks,

@exussum,

Thanks. However, this is only for fun, I wouldnt spend so much in something to have fun for a few days (since i dont have plans yet). I could get cheaper though, but what I want is really a special deal with someone that sells Xen VPS'es. :-)

I appreciate your help.

• https://securedragon.net/openvz.php have 32mb openvz perhaps joe would make a 32mb xen package available. Just email a few hosts ;)

@net,

Thanks :D, I'll email them right now about that. Let's hope I can get this ^^

Thanks again for your help :-)

• @MrGeneral said: Thanks for your reply. It seems that all the providers selling 128 mb VPS'es for 2 eur month are putting everyone at loss.

2 euro is a lot more than what I am expecting you might think this tiny VPS would be worth, but if you are willing to pay for a 128 but only take 32mb, then I think it is fair you put in tickets on network issues. I certainly was not trying to attack you, just open your mind to the other side of thought.

@miTgiB,

I was thinking about 2 euros per month, for example. I know resources have to be paid, it's a quiet vps , only for fun. I don't want a 128 mb VPS, I'd love it to be 32 mb and that's my goal.
    I understood your comment, read it properly. I'm sorry for being an ass sometimes.

@net,

I'll check it now

edited December 2011

@net,

Got it. I don't know the company though, and it gets the costs almost 4.50$ for the first month for a custom VPS. I need to check more offers

• If a Xen 64MB isn't too big you could try here with the micro plan http://webangel.ie/hosting/vps

• Boring. Try 8mb.

@Keith,

Thanks. I already have a vps from those guys, they simply rock, but it's too big, and I want to keep it very tiny :D

@Kairus,

Some day! :P

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited December 2011

Lower your requirements down to <1024KB and increase your asking price, or you're going to be put on an oversold node...

• ipxcore has a 96mb @$1.25/month I'm sure they will be more than happy to lower the memory to 32mb, unfortunately it's openvz..

@Zetta,

Possibly. but stills, increase asking price?

@earl,

Yes, which destroys the whole idea, haha, I decided to signup with securedragon, they got me a pretty nice deal.

Thanks for your help.

• No problem MrGeneral.. Also you might be interested in this, it's from another user on LET - Sleddog.

demo.blite.ca

I'll check it as well @earl. Thanks for being so helpful :D

I'll indeed signup with Secure Dragon. Their ticket replies by Joe were great.

Checked it, @earl, and will get it up :)