Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiences with NetSilvania
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Experiences with NetSilvania

Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
edited August 2016 in Providers

Does anyone already have some experiences with NetSilvania, formaly known as HostSolutions in Oradea/Romania?

We tried to hire a server from them, but it seems their support doesn't read tickets properly.
They only gave us a very short answer and when we asked further questions, the didn't react at all.

Here's our ticket:

How much would NServ1 with the following specs cost:

>

• CentOS 6.x, 64 Bit
  • gigabit uplink with max. 15 TB of monthly traffic
  • /27 subnet with our own RIPE records

>

Payment in Bitcoins.

>

Because we would like to use the machine for our VPN service, we ask to add our RIPE records to the /27 subnet for a better complaint handling.

We received this short answer from them:

for the moment we dont offer ripe registration.

Then we asked:

Maybe you do in the future?

>

What about the price?
Would $70 per month for the server with the mentioned specs be OK?

They never reacted on that, not even after a second entry in the ticket thread.

Comments

• You got all "answers" you need from them. Do you still want to host your things with them?

Thanked by 1boernd
  • Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
    edited August 2016

No, we don't intend to host any personal data on the server.
    It should be used for a VPN service.

• They are not a RIPE LIR so they can't offer you a /27 in your name. What more can they say to you?

If/when they decide to become a LIR, they could see what their costs are and answer your question.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Anthony2016 said:

just accept it that they dont want you as customer. so where is the problem? go on

edited August 2016

The problem is that it's extremely hard to find a suitable hosting company in Romania.
    Romania is a very popular location amongst VPN customers.

• Yeah, I don't think cociu is the easiest person to deal with.

• Talk with @Maounique maybe he can recommend something to you.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We do not allow our customers to give access from their IPs to third parties due to the abuse this generates.
    Getting an AS in Romania is not expensive though, so you can colo a cheap 5520 in a DC then get you /24 at a cost of about 100 Eur monthly at most.
    You must know that you will be terminated for abuse, even if you own your AS, this happens more often that some people think.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • chroot.ro for romania

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

https://www.m247.ro

Contact them.

• @stasi said:

@Anthony2016 said:

just accept it that they dont want you as customer. so where is the problem? go on

I don't see any hint of this at all, not sure where you got it from. Seems like OP is asking for a service they don't provide, and they told him. I'm fairly confident they want his money.

On a semi-side not I've not really ever heard anything bad about HostSolutions, so to me they seem at least somewhat reliable.

edited August 2016

The strange thing is that I told them that we can also accept a /27 subnet without our RIPE records if all complaints are forwarded to us, but they also didn't react on this:

If you give us the server with a shared gigabit uplink, 15 TB of monthly traffic and a /27 subnet with your RIPE records instead of ours for $70 per month, we can also work together in the future.

Seems they don't want to gain new customers.

• eKoeKo Member

They seems to be busy at the moment due the new dc expansion...be patient.

• rds100 said: They are not a RIPE LIR

are you sure ?

• Anthony2016 said: Anthony2016

Hello , we are the same netsilvania and hostsolutions only the networks is different (in netsilvania we offer better conectivity) . Unfortunatly right now we are focused to open an set property our second location. Yes i can provide what you ask but right now i dont rush because we face some little problems in the second location. So all the team is there to fix the problems. About tiketing we are delay in answer because of this issue. Please came back in 1-2 week when our job is normaly and definetly we will quote you. Thanks for understand

• eKo said: They seems to be busy at the moment due the new dc expansion...be patient.

thanks for you property answer.

• @cociu: Thanks for the explanation.

• Anthony2016 said: @cociu: Thanks for the explanation.

i will glad to offer you service in maximum 10 days if you are not in hunrry. We just finish the network settings and now we are focused in some autoprovizioning scripts.

Regards,
    Marius

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

Anthony2016 said: The problem is that it's extremely hard to find a suitable hosting company in Romania. Romania is a very popular location amongst VPN customers.

You... what? Hard... ?

There are literally 1000 RIPE lirs registered in RO with a high density in Bucharest, Timisoara and Cluj-Napoca (nobody hosts in Constanta bro).

Also, if you want it, i can do it in a few hours at most, but not at the oversold pricing they have, a better DC costs real money and does not run at 40C in summer (Vo... eh, yea, they).

No idea what they use DC wise but considering power is not much cheaper in RO and it does get quite hot (real estate cheap though) - 32EUR/140RON is barely enough to power and cool a 80W CPU from 2008...

• William said: 40C in summer

who like 40c ?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

cociu said: who like 40c ?

As noted this refers to another DC in BUC, not you. You've probably seen how the main DC of Vox looks (so not NXDATA1/2) front wise and their power offers, yea it get's pretty hot in there at times (Nxdata is fine though, but you see also the price difference there).

Point is, if you use some 80W Xeon from 2008/2009 and have outside temperatures of more than 25C with EU power pricing (RO is not that much cheaper than CZ/SK) you'll loose money at one point, and if not the 100Mbit included break the bank backwards.

If you want to compare, the EU has data for all members as well as some other countries here (Industrial prices, 2015)

• William said: As noted this refers to another DC in BUC, not you

i know you have not reffered to me. I was think in my friend from hostingfuse with the home dc ... lol

William said: main DC of Vox looks (so not NXDATA1/2) front wise and their power offers,

Yeah, I was there before they finished putting the AC, had only half of the units and it was hot, and not even summer. However, I think they had a lot of time to finish that, havent been there in some time, so maybe things changed.
    My lowest colo is 26 Eur including 4 extra IPs for 1U power included, so I have nothing to complain about. At times I am not even charged VAT as they keep changing companies and keep them under the threshold for a long time.

• Maounique said: At times I am not even charged VAT as they keep changing companies and keep them under the threshold for a long time.

I always find it very reassuring if my business partners do things like this... ;-)

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

yea, i'll see it soon again, let's hope it got better, from what i heard this summer was/is not that good either though.

NXDATA1 is excellent, 2 ~, Adnet is nice cool but they seem to mostly have carrier equipment (makes sense).

Maounique said: At times I am not even charged VAT as they keep changing companies and keep them under the threshold for a long time.

You know that's not the intention though, right? The intention is to pay less corporate and income tax, the VAT threshold being similar is just a side effect for the customer :)

• @cociu said:
    Hello , we are the same netsilvania and hostsolutions only the networks is different (in netsilvania we offer better conectivity) . Unfortunatly right now we are focused to open an set property our second location. Yes i can provide what you ask but right now i dont rush because we face some little problems in the second location. So all the team is there to fix the problems. About tiketing we are delay in answer because of this issue. Please came back in 1-2 week when our job is normaly and definetly we will quote you. Thanks for understand

But doesn't netsilvania use the old network, and hostsolutions the one?

• @cociu said:

Anthony2016 said: @cociu: Thanks for the explanation.

i will glad to offer you service in maximum 10 days if you are not in hunrry. We just finish the network settings and now we are focused in some autoprovizioning scripts.

Regards,
    Marius

Thank you.

I just send you a PM. ;)

William said: You know that's not the intention though, right? The intention is to pay less corporate and income tax, the VAT threshold being similar is just a side effect for the customer :)

I am not sure, I think they try to pass on the smaller customers and keep the big ones. The company i was passed on to used to be in security (bodyguards and stuff, not IT security), so something is strange there. I am not even trying to speculate, but I wasnt happy when they passed me on.

• Maounique said: bodyguards and stuff, not IT security

it seems you are out from romania for many time. I was surprised to know i am obligated too to have contracted a company for security. Almost business need this. A fuking law in Romania, and now i pay almost 1000 eur/mo for 1 paper (happy to me because i have more business and i use the same contract for all) but have small boutics there who wai a astonomical import for this