Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DropBox - Resetting passwords from mid-2012 and earlier
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DropBox - Resetting passwords from mid-2012 and earlier

myhkenmyhken Member
edited August 2016 in General

We’re reaching out to let you know that if you haven’t updated your Dropbox password since mid-2012, you’ll be prompted to update it the next time you sign in. This is purely a preventative measure, and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

To learn more about why we’re taking this precaution, please visit this page on our Help Center. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Thanks, The Dropbox Team

Comments

• sinsin Member

Didn't even realize I had a Dropbox until I got that email :)

• Me either. Using OneDrive on my phone for syncing pictures/videos to my server.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@sin said:
    Didn't even realize I had a Dropbox until I got that email :)

Funny story. One time someone compromised my Gmail password for over a year (no shit, really didn't use the address for anything important, and hadn't logged in for years). Their course of action? Sign up for a free Dropbox and put their family photos on it.

...seriously the only thing they did. Just wanted a Gmail account that wasn't theirs, for the novelty of it I guess. And a place to put their family photos.

• LOL