Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good wordpress developer around ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good wordpress developer around ?

So, a friend of mine needs to add a slider/gallery to his wordpress blog. While there are plenty of slider/gallery plugins available, he wants slightly different functionality. Instead of showing all the slides/images on the same page, whenever someone clicks "next slide", he wants the url of the page to change so that each post/image in the slider/gallery gets it's own page (to increase page views and ad impressions). Very similar to what you see on this site :

http://bit.ly/2bt06fX

so any help for this ? Any plugin recommendations ? Or can anyone here provide this feature ? Estimated time-frame/cost ?

Any leads will be appreciated.

@mrgeneral ?

Thanked by 1MikePT

Comments

• @Junkless said:
    So, a friend of mine needs to add a slider/gallery to his wordpress blog. While there are plenty of slider/gallery plugins available, he wants slightly different functionality. Instead of showing all the slides/images on the same page, whenever someone clicks "next slide", he wants the url of the page to change so that each post/image in the slider/gallery gets it's own page (to increase page views and ad impressions). Very similar to what you see on this site :

so any help for this ? Any plugin recommendations ? Or can anyone here provide this feature ? Estimated time-frame/cost ?

@mrgeneral ?

I can do it....simply add the link with the index of the slide number in the url and use $_GET to get the slide number and use that to show the specific slide...

Whats your budget?

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited August 2016

I can do it....simply add the link with the index of the slide number in the url and use $_GET to get the slide number and use that to show the specific slide...

One approach, or depending on the niche or style of the site have each image as a post and then use next/previous post on the template (or add one) to move between the content/images.

I know some of the plugins also have shortcodes you can embed into the content to do this directly, will see if I still have the name of it in our dockets.

• @noaman said:

Whats your budget?

As long as it is reasonable for this kind of job, it will do.

@quadhost said:
    One approach, or depending on the niche or style of the site have each image as a post and then use next/previous post on the template (or add one) to move between the content/images.

I know some of the plugins also have shortcodes you can embed into the content to do this directly, will see if I still have the name of it in our dockets.

If you can provide any leads, I will really appreciate it.

• JustAMacUserJustAMacUser Member
    edited August 2016

If the images are uploaded while editing a post, those images become "children" of the post (which is the "parent"). WordPress can cycle through child images of a post natively as separate page loads. With a bit of tweaking this could be setup the way you want. It would be similar to what @quadhost suggested but it would keep everything in a single post.

• @JustAMacUser said:
    If the images are uploaded while editing a post, those images become "children" of the post (which is the "parent"). WordPress can cycle through child images of a post natively as separate page loads. With a bit of tweaking this could be setup the way you want. It would be similar to what @quadhost suggested but it would keep everything in a single post.

Sounds good.. Can you share any details or guides? It will really help.

• I'm going to have to dig through a bunch of git repos and their histories to find this. I remember doing it several years ago. I'll try to find the code.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Anyone ? Any recommendations ?

• @Junkless said:
    Anyone ? Any recommendations ?

Reply sent

It looks.like the slide is automatically selected according to the index in the url

Just need to remove the trigger on click event attribute and that should do the trick

• @noaman said:

@Junkless said:

Reply sent

It looks.like the slide is automatically selected according to the index in the url

Just need to remove the trigger on click event attribute and that should do the trick

The slides work on click as well.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Junkless said:

@mrgeneral ?

Hello!

We've done many WP websites but we do not know any plugin that would do the requested action.

We do, however, code any plugin needed. Should you want a custom plugin, we can do it for you :-).

I'm sorry I couldn't help you further. You have no idea how many people want different sliders with different actions and such. It's totally crazy.

Cheers!

@noaman said:

@Junkless said:

Reply sent

^

This can work pretty well.
    Not removing the trigger, but this ->

noaman said: I can do it....simply add the link with the index of the slide number in the url and use $_GET to get the slide number and use that to show the specific slide...

^

-- Needs little modifications.

• @MrGeneral said:

@noaman said:

@Junkless said:

Reply sent

^

This can work pretty well.
    Not removing the trigger, but this ->

noaman said: I can do it....simply add the link with the index of the slide number in the url and use $_GET to get the slide number and use that to show the specific slide...

^

-- Needs little modifications.

A little unclear

I generally do my tasks using hit and trial and I do get it done no matter how much time it takes

• @MrGeneral said:
    Hello!

We've done many WP websites but we do not know any plugin that would do the requested action.

We do, however, code any plugin needed. Should you want a custom plugin, we can do it for you :-).

I'm sorry I couldn't help you further. You have no idea how many people want different sliders with different actions and such. It's totally crazy.

Cheers!

How much for the plugin ?

noaman said: A little unclear

I generally do my tasks using hit and trial and I do get it done no matter how much time it takes

When developing barely anything, you can't just do like the electricity guy that sometimes gets a way to get it working. You should do it properly :P

Junkless said: How much for the plugin ?

Feel free to PM me and I'll get you a quote. Should you have any script right now that needs to be edited it gets cheaper.

• @MrGeneral said:

noaman said: A little unclear

When developing barely anything, you can't just do like the electricity guy that sometimes gets a way to get it working. You should do it properly :P

Junkless said: How much for the plugin ?

Feel free to PM me and I'll get you a quote. Should you have any script right now that needs to be edited it gets cheaper.

Lolx

I realty doubt that i could get it wrong

All i need to do is enqueue a js file and add the code in that

And add some inline js if their is a get request eventhough not required

Could you elaborate how can some one get it wrong?

• Still looking to get this done... :(

• Sorry, haven't been at the computer for any length of time lately to look up my code, but I haven't forgotten.

• @JustAMacUser said:
    Sorry, haven't been at the computer for any length of time lately to look up my code, but I haven't forgotten.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

• PM'd you.

Another option that you could do without any additional coding is to simply insert each image individually into a post. Separate them with <!--nextpage--> (on its own line, using the plain text editor). When the post renders, it will be paginated (assuming wp_link_pages() is in the template files to generate the pagination links).

• Another solution for this is that you can take advantage of Advanced Custom Fields Pro's repeater + single post query var to get which images to show in the slider.
    ~20-50 line of codes will do the trick. It's easier than manipulate the default gallery function.

• @khuongcomputer said:
    Another solution for this is that you can take advantage of Advanced Custom Fields Pro's repeater + single post query var to get which images to show in the slider.
    ~20-50 line of codes will do the trick. It's easier than manipulate the default gallery function.

Can you do it? I had been waiting for 3 days now for someone (from here) to complete it, while his estimate was for 1 day. I really need to get this done somehow.

Anyone who can do it, plz me with the details/estimate.

@Junkless said:

@khuongcomputer said:
    Another solution for this is that you can take advantage of Advanced Custom Fields Pro's repeater + single post query var to get which images to show in the slider.

Can you do it? I had been waiting for 3 days now for someone (from here) to complete it, while his estimate was for 1 day. I really need to get this done somehow.

Anyone who can do it, plz me with the details/estimate.

I told you it wouldn't be that simple... Actually, didn't tell you, but told the other guy here... :-).

PM me with a detailed information what you need so I can send you a quote.

• @Junkless said:
    he wants the url of the page to change so that each post/image in the slider/gallery gets it's own page (to increase page views and ad impressions). Very similar to what you see on this site :

For what you mentioned, your friend needs a full page reload and not just the url change as that page does though.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@deadbeef said:

@Junkless said:
    he wants the url of the page to change so that each post/image in the slider/gallery gets it's own page (to increase page views and ad impressions). Very similar to what you see on this site :

For what you mentioned, your friend needs a full page reload and not just the url change as that page does though.

Indeed.