Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Idea] Low End Talk Show! Thats right, we should have a podcast
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Idea] Low End Talk Show! Thats right, we should have a podcast

pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

As you may have seen, LET have been looking for "Quality Content" to blog about. I think a podcast Talk Show! would be enormously better.

P.S. Bigger is better, remember that kids.

Thanked by 2netomx ManofServer

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

You may blame @ewwink for this

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

11:31PM FlagThanks

A few of us used to have a regular google hangout, was a bit of fun, something like that recorded could be quite good.

• Have @jarland create a talk show and take in @Nekki as a guest - that is something I'd listen to :3

Thanked by 2netomx sayem314

"Todays forum guest we have, @Nekki say hi."
    "Hows it going ya dumb cunty fuks"

Thanked by 2netomx deadbeef
  • edited August 2016

If the problem is not knowing what content to focus on, the solution is not to pick a medium that makes that all too obvious, and also which has higher production costs. Still, the idea could be attractive if the right regular segments can be outlined. Some brainstorming:

• BOFH: reenactments or other tech support humor
    • Fun with Ports: discussion of non-web services
    • Red Alert: reports of major security issues
    • Dev: talk about software development
    • Ops: talk about server administration
    • Reviews: new products and services that let us try them for free
    • Ads: everyone hates these, but maybe the target audience will attract sponsors other than the common crap that advertises on most podcasts these days (I'm looking at you, Audible . . .)

Edit: BOFH, of course.

• Live from Buffalo, it's the LowEndHour, sponsored by ColoCrossing!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2016

Preview of me on radio or television:

In other words I'm down, just expect awkwardness if you put me on it ;)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • dailydaily Member
    edited August 2016

A dumb idea. Drop it now, you'll thank me.

If it even has one episode, it won't have a second. There is nothing less I want to listen to than some old dudes talk about virtual computers that cost less than $7 a month. Literally anything else exists.

If you wanna make this place more successful, focus on the basics. A podcast isn't what it needs.

Thanked by 1vivekagr
  • Go for it ! More shilling, more butthurts & more drama.

• Maybe you can get @Nekki on board and instead of talking about servers, we can have different kinds of clusterfuck happening each episode :D

Its a deal, The first episode will be dedicated to @daily

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • I think a weekly segment of listening to my wife snore like a lumber jack for 30 seconds would be an instant classic. Maybe we could get Breathe Right to sponsor an ad over top =)

• Old days oldie?

@Lee said:

A few of us used to have a regular google hangout, was a bit of fun, something like that recorded could be quite good.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I have some ideas, if I may?

• LeeLee Veteran

@seriesn said:
    Old days oldie?

@Lee said:

Indeed, it was a good group of people though.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Nice idea. People often tell me I have a face for podcasts.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: I have some ideas, if I may?

No.

Thanked by 1erkin
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

No.

:-(

Thanked by 1Lee
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

mhm topic based with guests (multiple) or specific person (interview, one - many people) based?

Interesting sort of, on youtube then or via like itunes/spotify (lol $$$ probably)?

• @Lee said:

No.

Beat me to it.

• I'd like to see this. Of course over ruled by some responsible person such as @Nekki.

I'd imagine @Nekki would be a censored version of Frankie Boyle. I'd definitely watch the uncensored one.

Maybe things like interviews with CC employees bullying them regarding IPv6. Calling up Quadranet support asking why, WHY.

• MadMad Member

Irony or reality? :)

Prank calling support: "Is your vps control panel running?" Uhh, yeh? "WELL YA BETTER GO CATCH IT THEN!!" hahaah

":P

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • LeeLee Veteran

All a nice thought but lets get real, it's never going to happen.

• Take Oprah mix it with Jim Fallon. > @Zen said:

Could be fun if it was "unfiltered" but then good luck getting professionals and people that represent a business' to go along with that. It'd be really boring if it was just up tight and PC.

So I can't see it working. Dial things back a bit, K.I.S.S.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • @Lee said:
    All a nice thought but lets get real, it's never going to happen.

Pshaw! It's not like it's horribly difficult to gather up some audio and stitch it together with sox. I've done things like that for clients. It really comes down to who wants to start by recording some "content".