Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More then 2 server file sync.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More then 2 server file sync.

MunMun Member
edited March 2013 in General

I was looking for a setup that would allow me to sync files between more then 2 servers easily in OPENVZ containers. So glusterfs is sorta out. Any other good ideas?

Comments

• klikliklikli Member
    edited March 2013
  • Use a master slave setup:

while [ true ]; do
    rsync -avz --update /local/folder [email protected]
    sleep 0.1
    done
  • MunMun Member

Wait so how would I use git for config files. I am trying to setup a multi-server reverse proxy and won't to have the config files sync'd so I don't have to make changes on each one.

I think the easiest solution is unison with a roundrobin dns record setup.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

If you want git I recommend dvfs-autosync, although it's not too well maintained.

• MunMun Member

Okay so I have a round robin DNS record setup. I have unison pointing to sync with said round robin in hopes to create a config file sync across the servers, but due to some little bit of code Debian chooses the closest match out of the round robin, so it only sync's with itself. Pretty much nullifying what I have done. Why I want to do this is that I can easily remove a node out of the round robin and have no master so that it is easily expandable and contractible.

Is there anyway that I can make debian alternate dns round robin results?