Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what about c7000 chasis blade servers electrical consumition?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what about c7000 chasis blade servers electrical consumition?

Hello Let.

i want to buy some c7000 chasis for hp .... but what i see the source is 6x2250 wats ... for 16 servers . I thisnk this is too much no ?

did anyone know what is consumming one single server ? i mean if is shuth down all servers except one what will be the power consumitions ?

If you can help thanks , if not thanks for not destroing my thread.

Regards,
Marius

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I recently had an awesome offer and was about to buy 4x chasis full with machines and spin them up in Bulgaria, however gave up when I found out how much power they consume. Not worth it at all. You're going to blow up fuses.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can save a little space with that but it eats a lot of power, not to mention the limitation of hard drive trays on each blade so you might need additional storage arrays like HP D6000.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

Save yourself the trouble and avoid these things. We just sent a ton of chassis and blades to be scrapped.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

who on earth is using/buying these blade? Crazy amount of power. And why? WHY!

• qps said: Save yourself the trouble and avoid these things. We just sent a ton of chassis and blades to be scrapped.

yes , i was verry surprised about this surce power. Any way thanks all

• Could be the PSUs are heavily overspecced for the load theyll be carrying. Nonetheless your power rails should be able to handle the load in case it is booting up...

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

It depends a lot on the model of BL server you use and the spec, but I have noticed Gen5/6 can consume over 300 Watts when running and about 150-180 watts when in standby. Gen7 are really good for power usage.

and Yes the boot up power requirements of the servers can also be an issue.

• You're reading the blade chassis power allocation, not it's actual usage. A fully loaded (Dual e5, 256GB RAM) BL460C G8 Blade, running normally will use about 300w

• @teamacc said:
    Could be the PSUs are heavily overspecced for the load theyll be carrying. Nonetheless your power rails should be able to handle the load in case it is booting up...

Exactly, so you can run in a full 2N / A+B set-up and afford to lose 50% of your power supplies and still power the chassis.

Thanked by 1LordSpock