Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you miss Go Back with Backspace @ Chrome?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Did you miss Go Back with Backspace @ Chrome?

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Poll not foundo. But I sigh each time I tap the backspace, hoping that it would work yet again, then sadness falls upon me as I must use two hands to navigate...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@pbgben said:
    Poll not foundo. But I sigh each time I tap the backspace, hoping that it would work yet again, then sadness falls upon me as I must use two hands to navigate...

Use the Chrome extension :p, just installed it, though I could have installed it earlier...
    As for the poll, I assume it's a clusterfuck?

• I dont even remember when was the last time I used backspace to go back. A thumbclick does it for me everytime.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Nope.

• GCatGCat Member

I hated that change

@Zen said:
    80% of the time I do everything keyboard only, so yes it annoyed me. Just installed the plugin.

Also, the replacement altkey didn't work, which made it even more annoying.

Same here. Yep, alt key didn't work.

• @GCat said:
    I hated that change

I only realized it when a dialog appeared at the top of my screen saying that I should do "ALT+LeftKey" instead

Thanked by 1GCat

@doghouch said:

@GCat said:
    I hated that change

I only realized it when a dialog appeared at the top of my screen saying that I should do "ALT+LeftKey" instead

Same here but even that didn't work... :p

Thanked by 2doghouch GCat
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@doghouch said:

@GCat said:
    I hated that change

Same here but even that didn't work... :p

Damn, maybe it's time to revive Netscape haha

At least they couldn't provide automatic updates... CD/DVD installation :D

Thanked by 1GCat

@GCat said:
    I hated that change

At least they developed a plugin albeit one already existed

Thanked by 1GCat
  • GCatGCat Member

@MrGeneral said:

@GCat said:
    I hated that change

eh, I'll just modify the chromium source and revert the change, and when it's backspace I'll change the dialog to "Good fucking job" just for my own personal amusement.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • dailydaily Member
    edited August 2016

@GCat said:

@MrGeneral said:

@GCat said:
    I hated that change

eh, I'll just modify the chromium source and revert the change, and when it's backspace I'll change the dialog to "Good fucking job" just for my own personal amusement.

When you do this please package it and share.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I miss backspace immensely. Especially when using my laptop.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

On OSX it's CMD+back, no idea if that worked before. Back itself does nothing.

I use my touchpad for it mostly, the multitouch in OSX is pretty good and the Apple HW for it is not that bad in newer laptops.

• @MrGeneral said:

@pbgben said:

Use the Chrome extension :p, just installed it, though I could have installed it earlier...

Every thread i read with a poll has this first comment ...

Poll not found

Why it hasn't been fixed?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@noaman said:

@MrGeneral said:

@pbgben said:

Poll not found

This is a LowEnd forum, thats why :P

• I'm happy it's gone. Too often have I been filling out a form and accidentally hit Backspace. My ThinkPad had me using the dedicated page back button so that wasn't so bad.

Opera got me into the habit of mouse flips and there's a good Chrome extension that mimics it if anyone's interested in the absolute best method of going from page to page..

noaman said: Why it hasn't been fixed?

Cluster error

Thanked by 2MikePT jvnadr
  • It annoyed initially but now used to it. Nice thing for those who type and a backspace key would ruin everything.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I also had the issue with backspace making me mad after typing lots. I was wondering why lately it didnt happen, I thought i became supercareful :P

Thanked by 2MikePT jvnadr
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2016

I've always used Alt-LeftKey ever since they invented text fields.

Separate navigation from editing.

• @pbgben said:

@noaman said:

@MrGeneral said:

@pbgben said:

Poll not found

This is a LowEnd forum, thats why :P

Lolx...

@jarland...

Any ideas?

Whats the idea of having a poll when some/most of the users are greeted by poll not found?

Point to ponder

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

I hated it!

• nowprovisionnowprovision Member
    edited August 2016

cVim plugin in Chrome - go back with H. Granted there is a small learning curve to vim bindings if not already familiar but if you have already got the taste for keyboard bindings why not use more than a few % of them. With cVim there is often hours when it is both natural and more efficient to use the keyboard over the mouse for navigation, although I grant some websites and some patterns that some web authors use do mandate the mouse.. or keynav if you want to be anal about it..

• I miss it...

BUT, sometimes I also rememver how I was filling some form, lost focus in an input somehow, pressed back to delete a char, or by accident, and then I was directed to the previous page with all my info lost.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @mrgeneral you're not even El Cheapo anymore..

@karatekidmonkey said:
    @mrgeneral you're not even El Cheapo anymore..

You'll need to fight a lot to gain that new title.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Command + left arrow key works just fine for me :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@yomero said:
    I miss it...

BUT, sometimes I also rememver how I was filling some form, lost focus in an input somehow, pressed back to delete a char, or by accident, and then I was directed to the previous page with all my info lost.

I feel your pain :P

Thanked by 1yomero
  • My most hated "feature" finally put out to pasture!

Thanked by 1raidz
  • Hated it while it was there and miss it now that it's gone. Always the same.