Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some small VPS/VM to host a TeamSpeak 3 server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some small VPS/VM to host a TeamSpeak 3 server

2»

Comments

• @Zeast said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Zeast said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    You don't need TSDNS. TS3 has the ability to read SRV records, just set them correctly and you can use your domain without the port just like a TS3 server on a normal VPS.

There is different options

? What do you mean?

DNS Record, SRV Record, TSDNS
    I use TSDNS for ts3 server hosting not personal server. If it's personal, srv.

Yea that's what I said! You don't need TSDNS for this, just the built-in DNS features of TS3 will do just fine.

And yes, your English is too very bad.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@Zeast said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Zeast said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    You don't need TSDNS. TS3 has the ability to read SRV records, just set them correctly and you can use your domain without the port just like a TS3 server on a normal VPS.

There is different options

? What do you mean?

DNS Record, SRV Record, TSDNS
    I use TSDNS for ts3 server hosting not personal server. If it's personal, srv.

Yea that's what I said! You don't need TSDNS for this, just the built-in DNS features of TS3 will do just fine.

And yes, your English is too very bad.

Thanks, I really appreciate it (lmao)

• @Neoon said:
    People these days, TS is not a ddos magnet, If you piss people off sure they are a DDOS magnet, what do you expect?

TS is still ddos-magnet, due to its stupid default configuration: when you start TS-server for the 1st time, it is added to public weblist of TS-servers (you can see this list in TS-client). There are plugins/scripts searching through this weblist, so very quickly you get "unwelcomed visitors" enjoying your free password-unprotected TS-server.

The last time I installed TS-server there were some strangers there (from Africa, south Asia, Russia, etc) even before I myself joined my own TS-server for the first time! Of course I quickly removed my TS-server from weblist (edit server), but it was too late (ip/port was already published and takes ~10min to be removed from weblist). I asked those strangers to leave, they just laughed. I kicked them out, locked TS with password, but apparently some of them got pissed and started ddos-ing my TS-server...

• ATHK said: No just no, please don't give false information.. TS and TS DNS is perfectly fine on a NAT VPS mines been in that configuration using my block of ports for almost 2 years.

I don't know what you mean with 'false information'. What I say is that you need either the _ts3 SRV record or the _tsdns SRV record. However, the _tsdns record needs you to set up tsdns, which must listen at a specific port. If that port is not included in the port range of the NAT VPS, using tsdns is unsuitable for NAT VPS'es. That is no 'false information' but a practical bottleneck.

• @i83 said:

Grilo said: >128~256RAM

< 5GB HDD~SSD

USA or Canada

If NAT is suitable, our prices start from $3.30/yr.

Aren't your NAT IPs graylisted?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Jarry said:

@Neoon said:
    People these days, TS is not a ddos magnet, If you piss people off sure they are a DDOS magnet, what do you expect?

TS is still ddos-magnet, due to its stupid default configuration: when you start TS-server for the 1st time, it is added to public weblist of TS-servers (you can see this list in TS-client). There are plugins/scripts searching through this weblist, so very quickly you get "unwelcomed visitors" enjoying your free password-unprotected TS-server.

Nah, 2x TS3 Server Public, since Years no issues.

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited August 2016

@Neoon said:

@Jarry said:

@Neoon said:

Nah, 2x TS3 Server Public, since Years no issues.

How many users are connected on peak?
    Did you give Server Admin to somebody?

When I'm under ddos generally is because an Admin is enemy from a random guy.
    A lot of people attack the top #10 list of ts3 servers on gametracker with DDoS, or Spamming his own Ts3server.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Zeast No logs, but often I see 20 Users, just 32Slots unlicensed servers.

Ya I give everybody that Joins SA.

• @Neoon said:
    @Zeast No logs, but often I see 20 Users, just 32Slots unlicensed servers.

Ya I give everybody that Joins SA.

Lol, that's why these 'random guys' don't attack you.
    Me with a friend host medium-larger communities 256 slots to 512 slots. They come and says 'we will ddos xdxdd'

• @Neoon said:

Running a TS3 on a 4$/y OVZ fine since 3 Years and its a Public TS.

All fine, paranoid people.

If you have a community teamspeak and maybe have to ban people you may need ddos protections - some kids can't accept getting banned.

• @Jarry said:

@Neoon said:

The last time I installed TS-server there were some strangers there (from Africa, south Asia, Russia, etc) even before I myself joined my own TS-server for the first time! Of course I quickly removed my TS-server from weblist (edit server), but it was too late (ip/port was already published and takes ~10min to be removed from weblist). I asked those strangers to leave, they just laughed. I kicked them out, locked TS with password, but apparently some of them got pissed and started ddos-ing my TS-server...

I love it when people can ddos but they cant get their own Teamspeak Servers lol..