Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gigavest a junk provider!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gigavest a junk provider!

First of all, let me explain my situation first:

Intolerable: poor performance (RAM reached 80% will card to no response), network quality difference (it is said that the purchase will be replaced with garbage routes and upload limit, download speed), poor service (which is trivial) the most important is to restart my machine many times for no reason at all, most make people angry!
His family's service made me can't stand, I want a refund, the work of a single 10 days, but no one to me, good, then I will continue to use,

2.png
3.png
photo.png

However, yesterday I was using the VPS is suddenly disconnected, once again connected to the wrong password, no matter how to change the password is useless, last night made the work order has not been back to me (China time),
I hope you buy please be careful, this is not worth the trust!
8.png
4.png
6.png

PS. I will be responsible for what I said, I hope Gigavest can see and properly handle the matter.

I know my words and actions are a little excited, but I will not change the content!
@gigavest Come out to explain?

https://client.gigavest.com/clientarea.php

Comments

• Who is Gigavest, where did you find them and what made you think they won't be terrible?

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2016

@imxieke

I am not saying you are not having some issues, but some of this may be your tone and your approach at handling this. I would suggest reviewing the following:

https://vpsboard.com/topic/197-how-to-contact-support-properly/

After that, I think you should step back and try to re-think your approach here. One thing I try to remind my self when buying a budget unmanaged product is you may have to wait a bit for support and you also need to be able to clearly communicate your issues.

I noticed above you have opened 4 different tickets and updated each of them within only a few hours/minutes of one another in different departments. Why do you feel this should be acceptable? Why could you not just simply update the one you had open?

Anyhow, you may be new to this, so again I would suggest you take a few minutes and review the article I included above.

Additional thoughts:

Think of a VPS like any other product you buy at market, just because you may not being completely happy with it doesn't always mean you are entitled to you money back. When you go with a budget host I would always do two things:

1. Always make back-ups

2. Always be prepared to lose your money and move on

Cheers!

• Hmmm.. Another drama test for a provider..

• Dear Xiaoke,

As explained over the ticket, it is users responsibility to secure the vps and its root password. We have try to help with multiple ways to recover the root password but failed.

As we only perform Kvm disk image backup(to recover the vm in any case of hardware failure on our end), we are not able to provide the data backup in your VPS.

Thanks

• gigavest, if you really do backup his kvm image, then you only need to mount these image.

Dont say you fo backup but unable to restore his vps/files. Most of budget host didnt offer backup, but since you mention it

• Looks like you are using Google translate or something, pretty hard to understand.

As a former customer I would say they, at least , were pretty good.

My suggestion is if you are using their OVH not their SG location, go with another OVH reseller if you are not satisfied.

• There is an option of serial console in solus...access your vps from there and then diagnose it from there....

• some one hijack your ipv6 address ?

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @imxieke

I am not saying you are not having some issues, but some of this may be your tone and your approach at handling this. I would suggest reviewing the following:

https://vpsboard.com/topic/197-how-to-contact-support-properly/

Nice post, but where's the 2nd part called "how-to-answer-your-customers-tickets-properly"?

• The story would suggest one of two things are happening...
    1) This magically randomly generated password is being compromised during transit or is somehow being bruteforced on SSH.
    2) Your IP address isn't explitily allocated to you or their network routing is misconfigured, I've had this before, so when a new VM is spun up, your "IP" address is being pointed at the new VM rather than yours.

My Suggestions? Ensure you're using the correct IP address, if there is an IPV4 available, see if there is a difference with this. After you've trusted the fingerprint, does this change when you get kicked back out?

Change your SSH port to something different using a web terminal in the control panel if available, and see if this resets, this would indicate that your IP isnt pointing to your box.

• @imxieke be glad @gigavest seems to have answered some of your tickets. They completely ignore mine while my VPS has been down for weeks.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

You should always be prepared for such issues happening when signing up with such low-end price provider. Im not saying that all these are poor quality providers because here are many very goodones,but you should count on that.

• i think gigavest i one man company that run by this guy, (Au Yong Wai Hoe)
    who not professional doing this business.

here are some prove that he do a fraud

my vps not found, i already paid for one year subscription

after i dig a little i found this

he not paid his ip services

and same with the other, he is not answer any tickets, because he is just one man who run scam business.

admin identity

https://www.facebook.com/auyongwh
    https://my.linkedin.com/in/wai-hoe-au-yong-4026071b