Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS With More & Reliable Resources Within Budget
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS With More & Reliable Resources Within Budget

goodonegoodone Member
edited August 2016 in Requests

Hi,

I am looking for a storage vps for myself and one for a client from a reliable seller at lowendtalk.

At present I am using a SSD Cached KVM VPS from Dr.server which working pretty good but not much of a storage. 70gb. What I need I am dropping below:

If my budget price not enough for my offer and promotional offer available with modification that would be great either way :)

Budget range 40$ to 60$ per year. Won't mind if monthly available.

Around 1TB of space.
Allowed to use full resources.
Open to Select OS.
Need VNC
Minimum 4gb Ram (Something with Brustable or dedicated)
Minimum 4core Cpu (Something Fast)
Unlimited or 5TB+ Bandwidth
5IPv4+
DDoS protection.
Super fast port speed. ( I have no idea at this point but I need something better, current I am using 1GBps I think).
This might be probably HDD as for the budget but I need to know how much disk read/write I/O I will receive.
Required Own rDNS configuration. I cant at present. Happening to request all the time to Dr.server via Incero.

So why above requires?.
I will host IspConfig. Will host above 10+ CMS website eg WordPress.
Might setup bittorrent sync / torrent flux (optional). Which might always seeds. Which might 24/7 hours sync. (bare in bandwidth).
Will setup XRDP , XFCE4. Remote Desktop.
I will Store backup files. Which might 24/7 hours sync. (bare in bandwidth).

Will be I doing anything illegal?.
No.

Location of this vps can be anywhere but I will be looking less ping from Asia. As I am from Asia.

Now I need suggestion for a second VPS.

Budget: less then 10$ to 15$ per month.

This is for a client using. At present we are using one from http://strato.com/ linux vps 200. The price is too expensive when we got it (they reduced it later at their site but not for us). Having to pay monthly around 12$ + around 14$ more including TAX + Additional features from them like backup, security. For one thing we picked this VPS for is their free Plesk control panel though later we noticed it support only 10 free domains. They provide Virtualizor, pure HP ssd, 4gb ram dedicated. 2core cpu. 200gb space and very fast network, DDOS protection. Also server side snapshot backup though we pays for it. I understand this are expensive because they are big company. But we need something reasonable and more into CPU RAM and SPACE including the features that we need in this second VPS like a Easy to setup Control Panel like Plesk, Backup, Open to Select OS, Allowed to use full resources. Required Own rDNS configuration.

I have seen the Backupsy which solution looks good to me.
I have a question do Backupsy allows you to backup specific file path at remote server?. No idea how it works.

Rest assured we need something better for this second VPS. Websites need to be open much more faster then as it does now.

Right now the resources that we have from them doesn't even get used total 5% :) . But we still need something better at the price we are spending.

Location of this second VPS either will be Germany or UK.

For both VPS I need BETTER CUSTOMER SUPPORT at least like Dr.server or better then Dr.server.

Available via skype, livechat. Not need help if requires delay more then 12hrs late. Because we need these VPS for business and if our business is down or closed then why do we need you?.

I have already checked on this site for storage but nothing good for me. There used to be something more then 500gb which has been expired I believe. http://lowendstock.com/

I am open to more better suggestion if someone have. VPS provider can contact me via skype kindly inbox me.

Sorry for explaining too much in words.

Thank you.

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Storage VPS
    1TB HDD
    4GB RAM
    4 Shared CPU
    5TB Bw

All this for 40-60USD?
    I don't think that's going to happen mate.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Contact @Radi to perhaps renegotiate your server with DrServer.

Thanked by 1goodone
  • @MrGeneral said:
    Contact @Radi to perhaps renegotiate your server with DrServer.

Don't worry. I will provide him this post link already. I created it so I can keep things at one place. :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • goodonegoodone Member
    edited August 2016

@time4vps

I checked your this offer. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1817321/

Which is really great but Care to read mine please?. :)

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

@goodone said:
    @time4vps

I checked your this offer. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1817321/

I did ;) We can offer our storage servers for you, we think that's great offers, however there is some requirements of yours we do not met.

Our storage servers are designed to work as storage for backups and so on, so all our packages has only 1.9 GHz. However we recommend to order our regular VPS (ex. package "M" with 2x2.40 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB of space and 400 Mbps port speed which costs 35.88 € per year) and order our storage server, mount it using NFS and use it for storage your website's data. Our 1 TB storage server with 1.90GHz, 1 GB RAM and 400 Mbps also costs 35.88 € per year.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

Your requirements are quite extensive, I highly doubt you'll be able to find all of this at this price range.

As for DE location, you might want to check Netcup out anyway.

• @time4vps said:

@goodone said:
    @time4vps

I did ;) We can offer our storage servers for you, we think that's great offers, however there is some requirements of yours we do not met.

Our storage servers are designed to work as storage for backups and so on, so all our packages has only 1.9 GHz. However we recommend to order our regular VPS (ex. package "M" with 2x2.40 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB of space and 400 Mbps port speed which costs 35.88 € per month) and order our storage server, mount it using NFS and use it for storage your website's data. Our 1 TB storage server with 1.90GHz, 1 GB RAM and 400 Mbps also costs 35.88 € per month.

per year, you mean ?

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited August 2016

@time4vps said:

@goodone said:
    @time4vps

Our storage servers are designed to work as storage for backups and so on, so all our packages has only 1.9 GHz. However we recommend to order our regular VPS (ex. package "M" with 2x2.40 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB of space and 400 Mbps port speed which costs 35.88 € per month) and order our storage server, mount it using NFS and use it for storage your website's data. Our 1 TB storage server with 1.90GHz, 1 GB RAM and 400 Mbps also costs 35.88 € per month.

Thanks for the response. :)

I have questions
    what is NFS?.
    How do they work connecting both VPS over NFS mount?. Like if I use storage vps will it use resources like cpu and ram from your regular Package M vps?.
    Can I do this NFS mount over any other VPS from different provider?.

• @bersy said:
    Your requirements are quite extensive, I highly doubt you'll be able to find all of this at this price range.

As for DE location, you might want to check Netcup out anyway.

Comparing their price and resource looks bad then strato.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@Junkless said:
    per year, you mean ?

Sorry, yes, per year :)

@goodone said:
    I have questions
    what is NFS?.
    How do they work connecting both VPS over NFS mount?. Like if I use storage vps will it use resources like cpu and ram from your regular Package M vps?.

It's Network File System, like Wiki says, is a distributed file system protocol, allowing a user on a client device to access files over a network much like local storage is accessed.

It depends on the provider, but yes, most of the providers allow this.

• @time4vps said:

@Junkless said:
    per year, you mean ?

Sorry, yes, per year :)

@goodone said:
    I have questions
    what is NFS?.

It's Network File System, like Wiki says, is a distributed file system protocol, allowing a user on a client device to access files over a network much like local storage is accessed.

It depends on the provider, but yes, most of the providers allow this.

Thank you so much for the explanation, I think will google more about this system :)

Though you have not answered me one question.: if I use storage vps will it use resources like cpu and ram from your regular Package M vps if I set it as NFS?.

I have questions about your storage vps 1TB.

Network port 400Mbps, what does it mean?. If I download and upload something, what would be the network speed?.

Where is : Lithuania, Vilnius located?. Is it far from Asia?. Will I receive bad connectivity if I download something or bad ping?.

Is it possible for you to consider more RAM, CPU, IP's and Bandwidth as I requested with extra charges?. I would really picked it up for Biannually. But CPU resources are less for me :( .

• tuxtux Member

@goodone said:

Where is : Lithuania, Vilnius located?. Is it far from Asia?. Will I receive bad connectivity if I download something or bad ping?.

Thanked by 2bersy WebProject
  • bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

• cociucociu Member
    edited August 2016

"where is lithuania ? " nice ...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@goodone I'd suggest that you wake up and get back to the real world.

Your specs / prices will only be possible in dreamland.

As for your lack of knowledge about basic geography, you could have simply used this really useful tool that was just launched a couple of decades ago called Google. Try it, if you already haven't. It'll save you from asking a lot of stupid questions.

You're welcome.

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited August 2016

@tux said:

@goodone said:

Thank you. So it looks like I will get better connectivity then Dallas USA from SEA at least?.

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited August 2016

@K4Y5 said:
    @goodone I'd suggest that you wake up and get back to the real world.

Your specs / prices will only be possible in dreamland.

As for your lack of knowledge about basic geography, you could have simply used this really useful tool that was just launched a couple of decades ago called Google. Try it, if you already haven't. It'll save you from asking a lot of stupid questions.

You're welcome.

I didn't tried to make anyone feel offended with my stupid questions as you might have thought. I asked @time4vps or are you answering on behalf of @time4vps?.. But I truly had no idea where it was. And yes I lack the knowledge in geography that's common for me. :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

time4vps said: allowing a user on a client device to access files over a network much like local storage is accessed

If you're doing NFS over the WAN, your experience will not be much like local storage :-)

goodone said: Where is : Lithuania, Vilnius located? Is it far from Asia?

It's right next to Asia. Same galaxy, same solar system, same planet.

• @raindog308 said:

time4vps said: allowing a user on a client device to access files over a network much like local storage is accessed

If you're doing NFS over the WAN, your experience will not be much like local storage :-)

goodone said: Where is : Lithuania, Vilnius located? Is it far from Asia?

It's right next to Asia. Same galaxy, same solar system, same planet.

Thank you. More likely I am bit down side at SEA. Can you please tell me if it would have better connectivity then Dallas?.

• @goodone said:
    Thank you. More likely I am bit down side at SEA. Can you please tell me if it would have better connectivity then Dallas?.

It should. Why not check yourself by pinging a test ip ?

Thanked by 1tux
  • goodonegoodone Member
    edited August 2016

@Junkless said:

@goodone said:

It should. Why not check yourself by pinging a test ip ?

Thanks. I did it from their website and results seems good for me :)