Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a price match, 16 Dedis - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a price match, 16 Dedis

2»

Comments

• @Eobble said:
    You might want to grab a few of the Intel Atom C2750 from Online.net. €15.99 each, pretty much the same price and better specs

In what universe is dual E5420 better than c2750?

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited August 2016

@Incero said:
    https://speedykvm.com/#vdedi

V-DEDICATED #1 (1x KVM VPS on dedicated host node) with coupon LET, $21.75/mo for;

• 16GB ECC RAM (15GB usable)
    • Xeon E3-1230 (8 CPU)
    • 120GB SSD (90GB usable)
    • Single SSD
    • Full KVM Virtualization
    • 10TB Transfer, 1Gbps Port
    • 1 IPv4 ($1 for more), /64 IPv6
    • UPS Protected Power

Seems ideal for a crawler as you have the dedicated resources, dedicated gigabit port, etc. If you need more storage get a storage plan too, or larger vdedi and nfs mount it.

Are you able to do an actual dedi of that specs for that price? And is that available in Seattle?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Falzo said:

Eobble said: You might want to grab a few of the Intel Atom C2750 from Online.net. €15.99 each, pretty much the same price and better specs

you probably missed the point that those delimiter boxes come with dual cpu, so I think the c2750 won't deliver better performance ;-)

Ah didn't realize it was dual cpu.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@ricardo said:
    @Incero

That looks like a nice deal, what part of it isn't dedicated then? Would you do a deal on 10 paid quarterly? I'd probably have a few more things to check out before going with it, maybe I can PM.

You can use the LET coupon 10x for 10x SpeedyKVM V-dedicateds, the LET coupon is the lowest anything can go. RE PM, we prefer phone calls, live chat, or email.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Are you able to do an actual dedi of that specs for that price? And is that available in Seattle?

No, v-dedicated is a fixed product, it can't be changed. At these low prices we require VPS style automation. It's a steal, and a "take it or leave it" kind of deal, without meaning to be rude.

No, SpeedyKVM is in Dallas only.

Thanks.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited August 2016

@Incero
    Is the V-DEDICATED 2 supposed to cost more monthly than the listed price? The V-DEDICATED 1 is the advertised price on monthly.

Also how is it that the usable SSD space is decreased by something like 15-25% on some of those? I understand the hypervisor needs some space, but not 15% of a 960GB SSD.

• @exception0x876

******Cough****** Hyper-Thread ********Cough*********

edited August 2016

@Setsura said:
    @Incero
    Is the V-DEDICATED 2 supposed to cost more monthly than the listed price? The V-DEDICATED 1 is the advertised price on monthly.

Also how is it that the usable SSD space is decreased by something like 15-25% on some of those? I understand the hypervisor needs some space, but not 15% of a 960GB SSD.

Yes, that's all correct. SpeedyKVM VDEDI1 is cheap monthly, the others require a longer commit for the lowest prices, but the coupon LET works on any product on any cycle.

On vdedi 1 we mount isos and templates (about 80gb) on NFS.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Incero Is there a reason you advertise "$1 for more" in regards to the IPs but in reality that "more" means one and anything after that one is $10 extra/IP.

Do you not think that is misleading advertising? I sure do.

@trewq said:
    @Incero Is there a reason you advertise "$1 for more" in regards to the IPs but in reality that "more" means one and anything after that one is $10 extra/IP.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Our IP supply is limited, if we can sell a vdedi for $80/mo with 1 IP, why would we waste addon ips for $1/mo/each/unlimited. Welcome to the real world.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Incero said:

@trewq said:

Don't like it, don't buy it. Our IP supply is limited, if we can sell a vdedi for $80/mo with 1 IP, why would we waste addon ips for $1/mo/each/unlimited. Welcome to the real world.

I'm not saying that your pricing isn't fair, that's your decision as a business. What I'm trying to point out is your misleading advertising.

Thanked by 1MissFortune
  • @Incero said:

@trewq said:

Why as a provider are you so abrasive? He's just asking a question, and you come back with a smart ass remark.

If you don't like people asking questions, stop posting on forums.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@clarity_64 said:

@Incero said:

@trewq said:

Why as a provider are you so abrasive? He's just asking a question, and you come back with a smart ass remark.

He is right though. IPs are a very limited, scare resource. They profit more selling vDedicateds and saving the IPs. As for Incero.com I believe you can get large quantities of IPs for cheap. Their vDedicated offers are limited but pretty good for its price.

edited August 2016

To add: many people dislike Gordon or even hate. I never disliked Gordon. I currently am not his customer but have been in the past. I talked a lot with him and he knows how to run a business. He was friendly and polite. Sometimes in the business you need to be straight forward to avoid further mess.

The only thing bad that happened between us is the fact that I refered a paying, loyal customer (which happened to be my boss at that time) for a 1k+ per month server and didn't receive a comission. They even had a contract. Got really upset with Gordon when that happened. In the end, no comission received, so I didn't refer further business.

According to https://incero.com/referral-program, I lost 1k+ comission, and can be all proven by the emails I sent to my boss and co worker. Really bad step from @Incero right there.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @MrGeneral said:

@clarity_64 said:

@Incero said:

@trewq said:

He is right though. IPs are a very limited, scare resource. They profit more selling vDedicateds and saving the IPs. As for Incero.com I believe you can get large quantities of IPs for cheap. Their vDedicated offers are limited but pretty good for its price.

I am aware that he is right. There is a better way to say things when you are the face/image of a business.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Just a thought, why not go the other way and get more lower power servers? Eg, scaleway and then pay for what you use, eg 2weeks that you need per month?

• @clarity_64 said:

@Incero said:

@trewq said:

Wait, how about if you don't like people posting on forums, stop reading them? You're too good for your own advice?

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited August 2016

@deadbeef said:

@clarity_64 said:

@Incero said:

@trewq said:

Wait, how about if you don't like people posting responses, stop reading forums? You're too good for your own advice?

• @deadbeef said:

@clarity_64 said:

@Incero said:

@trewq said:

Wait, how about if you don't like people posting on forums, stop reading them? You're too good for your own advice?

Genius response on your end, bro.

He posted trying to get business. I guess you don't understand what I was referring to.

• Picked up one out of curiosity.

IIRC, the base monthly pricing on v-dedi1 was high enough to deter me from trying it, as little as a week ago.

Nice selection of ISO templates too in the SolusVM dropdown- new shiny things like RancherOS, 'CoreOS production' installer, nixOS, besides the usual mix.

Here's a bench if anyone is curious : https://serverscope.io/trials/9wl

@Incero said:
    https://speedykvm.com/#vdedi

V-DEDICATED #1 (1x KVM VPS on dedicated host node) with coupon LET, $21.75/mo for;

• 16GB ECC RAM (15GB usable)
    • Xeon E3-1230 (8 CPU)
    • 120GB SSD (90GB usable)
    • Single SSD
    • Full KVM Virtualization
    • 10TB Transfer, 1Gbps Port
    • 1 IPv4 ($1 for more), /64 IPv6
    • UPS Protected Power
    Thanked by 1ricardo
  • 8 × QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)

urgs. why not pass the real CPU from host including all flags?

Thanked by 1vimalware

@MrGeneral said:

According to https://incero.com/referral-program, I lost 1k+ comission, and can be all proven by the emails I sent to my boss and co worker. Really bad step from @Incero right there.

I'd like to review this, please email sales[at]incero.com with more info of whom you referred and a screenshot of the referral email you made to us.

Assuming you let us know of the referral before the customer bought a product, then we would definitely pay the referral. Bullet point #2 on our referral page details to cc us on referrals so that we can credit you with the lead. If the customer bought a promo advertised elsewhere instead of noting you as a referral, then you wouldn't receive a credit. When someone refers somebody, we call the referred party right away and work out a custom deal, we do this a lot. So I would like to check what is wrong in your case.

Thanked by 2Junkless MikePT
  • @clarity_64 said:
    Genius response on your end, bro.

That's the point of being awesome. You wouldn't know that though, but you're welcome to try to imagine.

He posted trying to get business.

So? That gives you any right to dictate how he's going to conduct his business? And on penalty of ...abstinence? Friendly hint: You are not supposed to use the broomstick in that way, it will leave permanent issues in your body.

I guess you don't understand what I was referring to.

Guessing ain't your strong suit.

• @deadbeef so you are a shittier version of Nekki. Got it. Come back to me when you get better at it. You aren't worth anymore of my time.

There is a reason people hate Incero, and it is because of those types of replies. The fact you don't understand that is sad for you.

Thanked by 1pechspilz

@Incero said:

@MrGeneral said:

I'd like to review this, please email sales[at]incero.com with more info of whom you referred and a screenshot of the referral email you made to us.

Assuming you let us know of the referral before the customer bought a product, then we would definitely pay the referral. Bullet point #2 on our referral page details to cc us on referrals so that we can credit you with the lead. If the customer bought a promo advertised elsewhere instead of noting you as a referral, then you wouldn't receive a credit. When someone refers somebody, we call the referred party right away and work out a custom deal, we do this a lot. So I would like to check what is wrong in your case.

Hi Gordon,

I'll pm you @ Skype.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited August 2016

@clarity_64 said:
    @deadbeef so you are a shittier version of Nekki.

Flattery won't get you far in life.

Got it.

Not yet, you didn't. But don't worry, I'm pro-animal.

Come back to me when you get better at it. You aren't worth anymore of my time.

Ohhh, pissy pissy missy? If you beg enough, I'll consider letting you off the hook. I might also entertain a shoe on head pic, depending on how ugly you are.

There is a reason people hate Incero, and it is because of those types of replies.

The world is full of crybabies, but we enlightened high men don't hate you - really. We simply treat you properly as deserved. It's unfair to the community of smart people to treat the rest with the same manner. Gotta love Justice.

The fact you don't understand that is sad for you.

The fact is that you think about what I think and that de facto leads you to failure due to the ...let's say it politely... hardware ability gap.

All solved with Gordon, @Incero by the way.
    Even though I didn't have enough email records to prove it, Gordon credited my account in speedykvm.

Out to try their vDedis, which is damn cheap and full SSD. :D